SaltCritters.com

lgreen's 58g SPS Reef Project

lgreen

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by scarletknight06

whats that pump in the top left doing there?

you should really consider taking out some of that rock and moving the seio's to the sides of the tank.

4 anthias is way too many in a 36" tank, plus if you're going SPS the constant feeding isnt going to be beneficial either.

just a temp pump until i get the sump plumbed to the tank.

it's not nearly as much rock as it looks in the pic! it's just how i aquascaped it, it looks like about 100 more pounds than it really is. it is really thin and just stacked tall.

like i said, some rock may be removed. regardless, all of it needs to be cured, and then i might give pieces away to family and friends as i add stuff. i agree a little. the rock work is a little tall for my taste. i will fix it later. nothing is set in stone yet.

don't worry, i dont plan on putting 4 anthias in. sorry, i meant we are getting 4 huchtii's in (and 3 organge). I dont know if i will get any or not, i hope maybe to get 1 or two but only if they are healthy.

yah i agree w/ you all.

i think the rock cliff needs to be chopped in half.

i'll do some work on it and post another pic later.

i am concerned mainly about my desire to keep staghorns at the top, and them not having enough room.

thank for the rock advice everyone!

just chopped about 2/3 of it down and rearanged the rest. looks way way better. i'll post another pic sometime after the dust settles.

scarletknight06

sweet looking forward to the pic.

I'm deciding between a 58 and a 40 breeder for my next tank so I'm very interested to see how yours turns out

thanks mike!!!

wait tell you see my new scaping. it is 10 times better.

u guys want to see the new scape now with the sony or you want to wait tell friday when i (hopefully) get my nikon :

hurry up and just post the damn pics! lol. i wanna see how different it really looks. cuz it looks filled to the brim with the earlier pics! :D

sorry can't get a good shot. room is to dark w/ sun down. i have to work all day for the next 2 days so i'll try, but otherwise lets shoot for friday w/ new camera.

LAME!!!! ;) sounds good though...as long as we see some pics where the great wall of china has come down, i don't mind. :D

keep in mind this is only w/ the actinics, so the depth of field is heavily distorted. it looks 20x better in person.

it was reduced in heigth by about 6 inches.

i like it like this and it is staying this way :P

also it will look way better w/ the canon rebel xt :)

i'm still worried about you not being able to get enough flow through the top and back portion...but it does look a bit better than before! :D

also, don't forget i haven't done the plumbing! still much more flow to be added to the top and back via the return plumbing :)

i'm not to worried about it. even w/ just the 2 seio 1100s the tank is getting fairly violent flow.

another 1000gph to be added though via return.

i think it will be fine. (i hope)

score!

ammonia 0

nitrite 0 (after peaking at like 200 ppm, OUCH!)

nitrate less than 10.

almost ready for some chromis

YEAH!!!!!!!

i will wait until nitrate are 0 though and i get the plumbing done (hopefully tonight or monday)

wow nice tank dude. i have the 50g oceanic. im running 2 seio 620's and i dont think itll b enuff if ur running 1100 x_x. my return will be about 1000 too wit a quiet one 4000 connectd to a scwd. damn im really thinking my flow isn enuff for high end sps xP nice setup though cant wait for ur pluming =)

FRAG-ster-licious

Just curious why you didn't paint the back of the tank?

I think a peak in front of the overflow would look killer.

I might get an Oceanic 58RR soon so I'm following your thread

Oh, what is so bad with the Mega Flow that comes with the tank. I keep reading it is bad, but have not read why.

i don't know why it is bad either. i just call it the megablow because it is fun. i didn't use the megablow accessory kit though, made my own dursos and used both holes for drains rather than one for a drain and one for a return.

i was going to paint it but fogot. i have some black background but havent got to puting it on yet.

scarletknight06

is it the same as the AGA mega overflow with small slots on the top and slots halway down at the bottom? those types of overflows are crap and ineffective because the slots are too narrow to break up the surface tension and get the water on the surface thats concentrated with proteins and the other gunk your skimmer will take out down to the sump. also with slots not on the surface its not taking water from the places where proteins accumulate, the surface of the water, so its even more inefficient.

Archived