Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

lgreen's 58g SPS Reef Project

lgreen

Reefer Addict

I need some of your 'expert' advice.

How do I get my tank.....

Rtside111005nr.jpg

To look like yours? And how much knowledge does it take to maintain a tank of live rock?

fts1.JPG

And can you post a pic of how you plumbed your sump to your tank?

sumpshot.JPG

It looks as if it would take a real 'expert' to have that thing actually work.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont know.

perhaps you can provide me some aquascaping lessons to begin with?

then when your finished with that, perhaps you can inform me at what point ever i claimed to be an expert?

Reefer Addict

I couldn't teach you a thing for noobs like me are here to learn from the likes of you.

Plus, after seeing your system, anyone would be foolish not to follow your advice.....

BTW, that is one cool sump. Now show a pic on how you plumbed it...

what is your problem?

when did i ever say i was an expert, and when did i ever accuse you of being a newb.

i don't understand why you are spouting off all this bs about me thinking i am an expert. when or how did i ever express that?

i said there will be pics when i get done with school. is that difficult to comprehend? i dont think i can write it any clearer.

this site is a learning experience for everyone, not just some attention whore talent "lookatme" convention.

Reefer Addict

My problem is that I AM a newb. Don't hate me for trying to learn from you... I would just like to see documentation that substantiates your knowledge from working in a LFS and years of reefing experience...

Is there an ETA to when you will be posting your most up to date FAQ? I was really mad when they took the sticky down... :angry:

Reefer Addict

Come on The lgreen (I know you like to refer to yourself in the third person). Chill out and get a thicker skin.

Someone posted this statement in another thread:

"Additionally some of you need to quit being sissies. If someone calls you a name, get over it. A lot of you act like this is the first time something like this has ever happened. Many of you have seen nothing in comparision to when dave espi and fred where subjecting us newbs at the time to their rein of terror. That is how it will always be. Deal with it."

Maybe this is some advice that you should actually use....

Reefer Addict

You really need to learn to laugh and get a sense of humor......

This should help... A picture of your live rock species tank!

fts1.JPG

Just pulling your chain again.... :D

Come on The lgreen (I know you like to refer to yourself in the third person). Chill out and get a thicker skin.

Someone posted this statement in another thread:

"Additionally some of you need to quit being sissies. If someone calls you a name, get over it. A lot of you act like this is the first time something like this has ever happened. Many of you have seen nothing in comparision to when dave espi and fred where subjecting us newbs at the time to their rein of terror. That is how it will always be. Deal with it."

Maybe this is some advice that you should actually use....

Ah... fred. Good ol fred.

nice tank btw. lets keep things around here reef-like. Dont want no drama in the reef!

Reefer Addict
Ah... fred. Good ol fred.

nice tank btw. lets keep things around here reef-like. Dont want no drama in the reef!

I know. I know. I know. I was just trying to add some humor in lgreen's life. He seems a bit wound up and sensitive.

With my luck, I will need to drive through Idaho. Get into an accident. Wake up in an emergency room with a nurse with the name lgreen on his name tag looking over me.... Now that would be a bummer.... :lol:

yah i am a little wound up. finals next week and a crap load of stuff to do before the end of the semester.

sitting here reading case studies on hodgkin's lymphoma. real cheary.

so you'll have to excuse me for mistaking what you consider "humor" for you being a jerk.

i'd let you live, but i'd steal your jello at meal time and throw it off the roof of the hospital and let it splat on the ground to relieve stress during my breaks :P

What's up, lgreen! Hehe...

So my nano exploded and I quite reefing until after college. I did get into my #1 school choice, so I am psyched! Cant wait until next year.

I went into GCW tonight and bought some anubias, they look great with my red bellies.

Oh and I'm also thinking maybe we need some antibiotics specifically targeted at Reefer Addict. That'd be cool. I'm not down with the "be a jackass and then edit your posts later to make it seem like you arent". Thats always a good one.

See ya around!

BK

bk

so where you going? please don't say your #1 school was bsu (ha ha j/k)

annubis....nice

lol jerk antibiotic resistance. what would you recommend?

Reefer Addict
I'm not down with the "be a jackass and then edit your posts later to make it seem like you arent".

BK

By the way BK, I am a jackass! It's a wonder how people like to be handled with kid gloves and want everything sugar coated..

Stupid newbies! lgreen just needs to hit the search button more often. He could probably move up to keeping leathers, zoos and mushrooms alive if he just did some research..

Congratz on getting into your #1 school..

Stupid newbies! lgreen just needs to hit the search button more often. He could probably move up to keeping leathers, zoos and mushrooms alive if he just did some research..

yah probably.

it just sort of seems logical to me though that since i haven't plummed my sump (the location of the euro-reef 6-2+ skimmer and refugium) to the tank yet, or plumbed the sump back to the tank, that I wouldn't load the tank up with 700 dollars in exotic corals, but hey, that's just me.

maybe someday my tank will be full of overpriced fad corals your average newb could take care of just like yours.

Reefer Addict
yah probably.

it just sort of seems logical to me though that since i haven't plummed my sump (the location of the euro-reef 6-2+ skimmer and refugium) to the tank yet, or plumbed the sump back to the tank, that I wouldn't load the tank up with 700 dollars in exotic corals, but hey, that's just me.

maybe someday my tank will be full of overpriced fad corals your average newb could take care of just like yours.

Man, that really hurt my feelings... :lol: Come on lgreen. You could do better than that.

You could even do better than this. :P

if8rnn.jpg

Archived