Innovative Marine Aquariums

Reefer Addict's Ganja oops Coral Farm

Reefer Addict

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice RO/DI. I love my Maxxima. (Couldn't afford that lovely thing you have there. ;)) That's a great dosing thing you have there, too. Once you set everything up you'll never have to worry again (how nice that thought sounds right about now). ;)

Reefer Addict

Can't wait to fire this baby up..... I to loved my Maxxima (I only wish they made a unit that had a higher GPD). You should have seen my face when the movers told me they broke it!!!! Good thing I bought mover insurance for they also broke my washing machine..

Reefer Addict

The dims for the large container are approx:

22.25" tall-not including the wheels(add 2" for the wheels)

10.5" wide

19" deep

Holds about 10 gallons

Reefer Addict

Update..."Spectrapure Spectra+2000 180GPD 5 Stage RO/DI".Hooked it up and put it to work.AWESOME!!!!!I don't think I will go with anything less than an 180gpd unit ever again...

Reefer Addict

Just placed an order for a Korallin C-1502 Calcium Reactor package from Premium Aquatics. I'll post pic's once it arrives...

Reefer Addict

It has been getting pretty darn warm down here in SoCal the last few weeks. Installed a "poor man's" chiller (6"clip on fan). Works great. Tank now stays at a stable 82 degrees (drops down to about 80-81 degrees overnight). It is hooked up to a timer. Comes on about 5 minutes before the MH's and shuts off 15 minutes after the MH's turn off...

Reefer Addict

Just ordered some snails from Liveaquaria. I took advatage of their 'free shipping' if your order is at least $275. My total came out to be $275.70. :P 70 trochus and 60 cerith snails...I think I'm going to also throw a few of each into the "Crack" tank...

Guest nicoj122

lol, it would take me less than an hour to get that many snails at the local tidepool. the ones i find are mostly astrea snails though. i have 4 in my tank as well as a nassarius.

Reefer Addict
Originally posted by nicoj122

lol, it would take me less than an hour to get that many snails at the local tidepool. the ones i find are mostly astrea snails though. i have 4 in my tank as well as a nassarius.

My prob is 4 astrea's and 1 nassarius is not going to cut it with a 60g tank plus 40g sump and 30g cube tank (remember, some of the snails are going into the "Crack" tank... Do the math. Approx $2 a snail...way cheaper than buying local or online due to the fact that i am not paying for shipping and/or tax.:P

Talk about lol. Just checked out your 10g journal link..:D

Guest nicoj122

umm... am i getting made fun of??? my lowly 10g noob box :(

oh well, it is my first tank, never had fresh or salt before. it should be looking better soon.

Reefer Addict

Recieved my 1502 Korallin reactor kit yesterday. The only problem is Premium Aquatics sent a gen x external pump instead of a deleuxe dual guage regulator selenoid. :( Which means, I can't go out and buy the CO2 tank and set the darn thing up this weekend. Don't get me wrong for I will still buy stuff from them. Chit happens. I am just frustrated that I received the unit on a Friday. Can't contact Premium Aquatics until Monday.:-*

Reefer Addict

Decided to install a phosban reactor...

Up date on the Korallin reactor. Looks as if the German made solenoid/regulator is backordered 4-6 weeks!!!:(

Still waiting for the "RoboTigah" to be built. Planning to use it for water changes..:P

Nice job getting the calc reactor. I'm debating whether or not to get one for a new system (actually that was one of the ones i was looking at, along with barr aquatics and possibly GEO). I'm still deciding whether or not it's worth the minimum of $600 initial investment. Probably in the long run its worth it though.

What exactly is the phosban reactor used for? Just to keep phosphates down?

-Mark

Reefer Addict

I just got done finishing a mod on a mj1200 which is to be used to feed the Korallin. Tapped one of the connectors and screwed in a John Guest 1/4 tube adapter (will also attach a ball and check valve). It came out pretty clean. I'll post pics later. More mods to come. Going to also switchout the stock flex tubing and use 1/4 tubing that is normally used for RO/DI units. Switching out the stock ball valves with John Guest needle valves in order to have more drip control. I might as well do something while I wait for the RF regulator/solenoid..

And yes, the phosban reactor is used to remove phosphates..

Reefer Addict

It actually is really well built. One other thing that I was impressed about was the size. The unit is way smaller than I thought it would be. The reactor and CO2 tank will fit in my stand with plenty of room to spare (will need the room for my GroTech doser).. That's another pic that I need to post.

Reefer Addict

Some pics of my MJ1200 mod. Will be used to feed the Korallin reactor.

Tap and Connector -used tap to thread the inside of the connector.

thumb_tapnr.jpg

Attached connector to MJ1200. Screwed in John Guest 1/4 SpeedFit male adaptor. Can now use regular 1/4 RO/DI flex tubing.

thumb_mj1200modnr.jpg

Reefer Addict

Pic of Phosban reactor (in blue rectangle) hanging on sump. No tubing has been attached.

Archived