Pod Your Reef

Reefer Addict's Ganja oops Coral Farm

Reefer Addict

man, only 15 min! That would have taken me an hour and it wouldnt have turned out half as good:P

Layers make sense. Tank is also very shallow so there really isnt a need for many different levels.

Before you know this is going to be just as much of a dispaly tank as a frag tank, lol.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reefer Addict

lol...I know. I am trying my hardest to keep it a frag tank. Guess I am just fooling myself!!!!:)

And you are right about your comments about levels not being as important in a shallower tank. What is more important IMO is building overhangs, caves, walls, etc. Positioning the rocks in order to allow/decrease flow and allow/shade light.

Is your osmolator wired with a pump already? If not mine is completly wired with a little tunze pump. I can send you some pics so you can see the configuration, seems pretty simple now that I look at it.

Reefer Addict

Bh-I haven't even taken it out of the box yet. My goal is to hook it up next weekend or so. Sounds as if you will have yours installed before me.

I did install fishbowl moon lights (tripple tube w/controller) yesterday. They work pretty well..The light is distributed rather than a beam.

I'm also thinking of installing a korallin reactor. It looks as if I may have just enough space left under my tank next to the sump...Seems as if the projects will never end....:)

Reefer Addict

You can barely see the water top off tube (in the red circle). I also circled in blue the moon lights. There is one more moon light towards the front of the canopy (not shown).

sweet. I set mine up in a 5 gallon bucket the other day. Pretty cool little device. I think it would definatly be better in a sump, as the max water level is lower than I'd like set-up within the tank.

Yours looks different too.

Reefer Addict

Osmolator controller circled in blue. Fish Bowl moonlight controller circled in red. As you can see, I have plenty of room left for a Korallin reactor and CO2 tank.. I think I am going to pull the trigger and install one..

Reefer Addict
Originally posted by BelowH2O

sweet. I set mine up in a 5 gallon bucket the other day. Pretty cool little device. I think it would definatly be better in a sump, as the max water level is lower than I'd like set-up within the tank.

Yours looks different too.

BH-Post some pics of your set up in your thread. I am interested in the differences that you noticed between your osmolator and mine..

Reefer Addict

Picked up a bigger reservior (will use the original smaller reservior as the top off container for my 'Crack' tank). For those wondering, I bought it at The Container Store. This container holds about 10g's. You may not be able to tell but it has wheels. It is nice to be able to roll it from behind the tank...refill it...than roll it back. No lifting what so ever. Well, you do have to lift up the hinged top. :) Makes a big difference. Think about how much 10 gallons of water weighs...

Pardon the dark grainy pic...Should have probably used flash..

Nice call with the Tunze! I have the same thing and wouldn't trade it for any other type of top off system...

Great tank as well...you really took the time to plan it out well!

Reefer Addict

Thanks Speez... I would have picked up an osmolator a long time ago if I knew how well it worked. I think all I have left to do is install a doser (probably going to go with a GroTech solution) and a kalk reactor (leaning towards a Korallin 1302). Then the transfering, 'propping' and 'fragging' can begin!

Nice reefer! Just wait for the 96 incher in a few years. I should have scrapped my lr and used either the Marshal or Tonga rock. Can't beat being able to used 150's to light all the way to the bottom.

BTW- if you add moonlights, it can't be considered a frag tank either. Just call it what it is- a kick butt display tank. Forget all these boohoos with their 24,30, and 36" tall tanks. We are more streamlined. If they have a problem, ask them to look at a ferrari with a lift kit. It just wouldn't be right.;)

Reefer Addict

Just placed an order for a GroTech doser, reservior rack and trace elements Corall A/B/C..

Reefer Addict

I will be using a Tech III NG instead of the Trace-el Controller.

Lead time is 4-6 weeks. Guess it takes a while for stuff to get shipped from Germany...

Reefer Addict

Just a few more things to do. Right now it is just a tank with water, sand and rocks..:P

Reefer Addict

Got tired of buying distilled water. Movers dropped my Kent Marine HI-S Maxxima 60gpd RO/DI when I relocated. Just received my new Spectrapure Spectra+2000 180GPD 5 Stage RO/DI today!!!!! Kind of excited about the ability to generate approx 180GPD. I remember the 60GPD was too slow for my liking...

winniebagel

:woot:

Wowee, you're going all hi-tech with the topoff and dosing. Great job!

Now, if only the tank could automatically do a water change every week... hrmmm, next project for you maybe? :)

Reefer Addict

I thought Tigah was building a robot whose sole purpose was to do weekly water changes!!!:D

Archived