Innovative Marine Aquariums

Reefer Addict's Ganja oops Coral Farm

Reefer Addict

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i got mine at a LFS by me but i have seen a few places online also. I think that anyplace that sells amircle wet/dry type filters would have them.

Reefer Addict

Thanks for the reply and feedback on the Amiracle. Just went through your 40g thread. Lookin good!!! Keep it up!

have i told you lately...

that i love your acans?

fills my heart with gladness, yadda yadda however that song goes.

anyhoo, any chance i could get a piece of that purple green? it's mighty fine!

Reefer Addict

winnie-My Lifereef overflow should be coming in today.I have been doing some research concerning their reliability.I don't think I have come accross one piece of bad press concerning their product.Most everyone states to stay away from the CPR box.Regardless, I will be testing and monitoring it to make sure I feel safe using it.This way I will be able to keep my 4 returns and not have to convert 2 of them into drains to add on to the original 1.5" bottom drain.I really don't want to add ph's..The drain issue was the least of my worries.My biggest concern was not having enough flow because of the manifold.Who would have bet it would be the other way around.:(

As a fail safe,I do have all the parts ready to convert 2 returns into drains if so needed.It would be a 1-2 day job to compleate (would need to take some of the water out, pull out the manifold and mod (not looking forward to having to snif pvc glue again), reattach everything then let cure...

Your tank looks good.Been following your thread.What's your E.T.A. to completion.My bet is you will be done before me.:)

winniebagel

I did some research on overflow boxes before I got my tank drilled and Lifereef's overflows are top of the line. I don't think you'll be disappointed or lose the siphon. I hope everything turns out all right with the Lifereef and your original plumbing configuration without having to resort to regluing pvc. Talk about a headache!

As for my tank, I'm figuring it'll either be done late tonight and then I could fill the tank sometime during the weekend.

I guess both of our projects just took a bit longer than anticipated... :)

did you ever get a giesemann nova II? i was thinking about getting it since i love the look of the pendant and i saw my lfs using them and they looked so slick :P

Reefer Addict

Update..Again, goodnews and badnews.The Lifereef did drop enough water to increase the return flow.Problem, even with the increase in flow there still was not enough drainage to take advantage of all four returns.So I spent pretty much all day today turning the two inner bulkheads into drains.I will mod the manifold tomorrow by cutting off the two unions....

Babycakes-I was thinking of getting a Giesemann Nova II awhile back.Sent two emails to the Giesemann distributor that were never answered!!Took it as a sign (a bad sign) not to buy the lamp...Are thinking of getting one?

yeah i was thinking of it because it's so sexy. that or the pfo pendant with icecap ballast. or the aquaspacelight mini.

but i think the relfectors on the pfo are top notch, that or reefoptix III

Reefer Addict

Manifold mod is done. All that I have left to do is plumb the last drain bulkhead. I am going to use flex tubing for this return in order to have some flexibility to direct the drainage (maybe into the return portion of sump, the skimmer section or the fuge). It will all depend on how much drainage is coming down and what section can handle it....Hope this makes sense..

Reefer Addict

Plumbing is DONE!!! Currently water testing. So far no leaks!!!

Right side of sump..

Reefer Addict

And lastly, the back of the tank..Look at the top of the water in the tank. It is now getting a great amount of flow. I can still adjust it with one of the ball valves that drains back to the sump witch is plumbed to the pump..Added bonus.The tank is very quiet due to the use of 3 durso's...

wow...that's looking SAAWEET! i can't wait to see that bad boy stocked! i'm still flat out amazed at your plumbing...very cool!!

winniebagel

RA: Sorry to hear that you still had to reconfigure the plumbing - it must've been a big pain! At least it's done now... Very clean job so far. :)

Thats cool you just got the Tunze osmolator. I got one the other day from a local guy. He explained how it worked, but I need to go back and read the instructions.

He also told me to clean the float valves regularly so they don't get stuck, especially if your dosing calcium/kalk in your top-off.

Good job on the plumbing btw...I bet your glad its finally over with.

RA- contact 'the speez' for help on your osmolator. he's been running one for awhile, i think. that's a pretty dang nice gift. lol. lucky.

Reefer Addict
Originally posted by winniebagel

RA: Sorry to hear that you still had to reconfigure the plumbing - it must've been a big pain! At least it's done now... Very clean job so far. :)

Thanks winnie! Though I am still feeling the pain concerning the accident that occured during your final mod. Hopefully you will get the new tank sooner rather than later....

Reefer Addict

BelowH2O-Let me know how your set up works out. I don't think I will be setting mine up for awhile. At least until I get some lr cured...

And Yoshiod9, it is a pretty cool gift. I am currently looking for someone to gift me a Calcium Reactor setup!!:)

Archived