Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tigahboy's 67g Reef Project

Tigahboy

It's cool. there's an LFS closer to me than Jeff's...and they sell it for $9 per lb. stuff looks like dead base rock too.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah its a rip but if you calculate shipping for good rock its about the same or more when its all said and done. Unless you do the priority thing where it take 3 days max but LR will basically die by then

yeah. exactly why I just go to Jeff's and pick-up. if you did a socal roadtrip to visit peeps out here and just grabbed some on your way back...it would be worth it then for you. haha.

actually I am heading to Oceanside (san diego area) in a month for my sisters wedding. How far is Jeff's from there? Is it a store what? I can just walk in right lol. They have any good corals? Does it have a website?

Originally posted by Tigahboy

haha thanks.  yeah, that's the reason why I don't like to place the rock all up against the sides or back.  gotta keep it so fresh n so clean.

Yeah whenever I set up my other tank(43g) im going to leave some space so I can clean the glass, I just didn't think about that in the 10g.

BTW, I read somewhere that you plan to keep a Yellow Tang, IMO the tang would stress and die........lol just playing, I plan on keeping a blue tang in my 43g untill it grows like 3"(I want to buy it like 1" big) and then sell/trade it, unless I buy my dream tank(180g) before it grows, which I doubt it cause I can't find a job that would pay me good enough to afford a house and everything.:|

Anyway, make sure you post some updated pics when you add something new.:)

matthewruno

Hey - If you don't mind me asking, how much has your tank costed so far? Just a ball park figure... I'm thinking of upgrading and getting rid of my damn bryopsis...

Originally posted by matthewruno

Hey - If you don't mind me asking, how much has your tank costed so far? Just a ball park figure... I'm thinking of upgrading and getting rid of my damn bryopsis...

Tank + Stand + Lights + sump/fuge = almost $1500

but you still gotta add plumbing parts, skimmer, etc etc.

I picked up 2 more dispar anthias. So I got a nice school of 5 going on in my tank now. I guess I won't have room for the Tang after all. =/

It looks like the "alpha male" has established rank since that particular anthia now has amazing coloration while the other 4 have become more pale looking - potential females. There might be a second male subordinate to the alpha male, but not positive yet. They all follow around the alpha male. pretty cool.

Oh, and I got another 40lb of fiji premium LR. curing in a second tub as we speak.

matthewruno

I wish I had almost 2k (by the time you add in salt, rock, pumps, all that jazz) to spend on a tank right now.

...you're in college yea? What do you do... deal drugs? =]

...ucsc takes all my money... *pout*

Amazing tank though! I'm really looking forward to seeing it in a few months.

no. I am not in college.

I graduated awhile back, took some time off to work. saved a lil money, and now I'm in law school. if I was in college, I wouldn't be able to be in this hobby. haha.

Its funny that everyone is like "dang Tigah, how do you afford that there set-up"

No one's asking big baller RA, or uchiha how they afford bales of acans and new set-ups.

I don't see why money is such a concern?

If Tigah is dealing, so what, at least its not to children! :P

hahha. belowh20, my thoughts exactly. RA and uchiha got top of the line stuff too...if not pricier. ;)

and whats w/ all this dealing stuff. i don't partake in that kinda stuff! >=(

tigah is clean he wudnt deal stuff like that. thats why hes in LAW SCHOOL! to make sure people like that go to jail. lol sweet tigah I await the pics.

Reefer Addict
Originally posted by BelowH2O

Its funny that everyone is like "dang Tigah, how do you afford that there set-up"  

No one's asking big baller RA, or uchiha how they afford bales of acans and new set-ups.

I don't see why money is such a concern?

If Tigah is dealing, so what, at least its not to children! :P

lol. I can afford this hobby only because I eat the same things that I feed my fish and corals. :D

Breakfast - Flakes

Lunch - CyclopEeze

Dinner - Mysis Shrimp

I'm poor!

Originally posted by DaTrizzle

tigah is clean he wudnt deal stuff like that. thats why hes in LAW SCHOOL! to make sure people like that go to jail. lol sweet tigah I await the pics.

You got it all wrong, he is going to law school so he can defend his customers :P

JK Tigah ;)

:D

Archived