ReefCleaners.org

Tigahboy's 67g Reef Project

Tigahboy

Originally posted by DitchPlains

Awesome, I should have known......great stuff my friend!! Amazing very informative and beautiful work, inspiring me with my 65g cube I am building, just ordered my acrylic sheets from a place in CA.:D

very nice. look forward to seeing that unfold.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can say is WOW dennis! Your tank looks amazing in person. I even forgot you had a prop tank when I was looking at your 67. Then I looked over and see your badass prop tank. Both your tanks compliments each other very well. It was a joy to see your tanks man.:)

Oh and thanks for the 29 gallon.=P

Originally posted by bubba

My bad :P Everytime I see them at the LFS they school together. You had Firefish before right? Don't they school?

I just read that somewhere. not sure if it's true tho regarding the chromis. I need to do a lil more research. It's funny cuz since we're all pretty nano reef specific, we dont need to think about such things like schooling fish or large fish in general. I find myself completely clueless as I'm trying to think of a stocking option that includes these kinds of fish.

Originally posted by Tigahboy

I just read that somewhere. not sure if it's true tho regarding the chromis.  I need to do a lil more research.  It's funny cuz since we're all pretty nano reef specific, we dont need to think about such things like schooling fish or large fish in general.  I find myself completely clueless as I'm trying to think of a stocking option that includes these kinds of fish.

Yeah, I know what you mean ???

Originally posted by timb000

All I can say is WOW dennis! Your tank looks amazing in person. I even forgot you had a prop tank when I was looking at your 67. Then I looked over and see your badass prop tank.  Both your tanks compliments each other very well. It was a joy to see your tanks man.:)

Oh and thanks for the 29 gallon.=P

haha. thanks again for helping me take down the 30g (it's a 30 not 29, and dont let anyone tell u otherwise. haha).

still amazed we got both the tank and stand into your 2-door. ;)

Originally posted by timb000

Damn dennis did you even sleep.:P

i passed out RIGHT after you left. couldn't fight it anymore.

I know what you mean w/ the B Cardinals looking like FW. But to my knowlege besides anthias, there aren't too many colorful 'flashy' fish in the SW environment that school. I think its the whole evolution thing is the reason striped or similar 'bland' colored fish schooling so that they lose their individuality and are harder to hunt. Kinda like lawyers. LOL.

I like B cardinals, they're pretty cool and for some reason I like fish with big eyes, haha. I actually think anthias look a lot like glorified goldfish with the way the fins are all wavy and stuff.

And yes "all wavy and stuff" is a scientifically acceptable phrase ;)

- Daniel

Originally posted by Prunfarm

I think its the whole evolution thing is the reason striped or similar 'bland' colored fish schooling so that they lose their individuality and are harder to hunt.  Kinda like lawyers. LOL.

That makes a lot of sense. especially the lawyer part. haha.

haha.  thanks again for helping me take down the 30g (it's a 30 not  29, and dont let anyone tell u otherwise.  haha).

still amazed we got both the tank and stand into your 2-door.  ;)

Ok on reefcentral calculator it says 29.9 gallon. B) the tank did fit perfectly into my trunk one or two more inches and your gonna have to follow me to my house.:D:)

DitchPlains

ROFLMAO

Case is currently taking the L into East New York at 3am, with a gold watch, and pocket full of cash n a new pair of N1's..lol

so sleep tight Tiga..lol :D

Funky_Fish14

Dennis, its looking great! I think I've only posted once before in this thread, but I've been watching and the turnout has been awesome! I understand what you mean about sleepless nights all the time! Sometiems I do that....yet when I wake up after going to sleep around 7am...it seems I accomplished nothing! Hehe.

I have a suggestion for a schooling fish. They are a VERY nice goby, I personally love em. Here is what my book says: "A schooling fish that should be kept in a group. It is a great escapologist, so keep the aquarium well covered"

I just remembered you have an open top! CRAP! But Anyways some Common names for it are "Chenese Zebra Goby", "Green Dart Goby", "Banded Dart Goby"....Lol, there are I think like 6 common names. Scientific name is / Ptereleotris Zebra . I think they are beauties, and at 4" long you could have 4 or 5 in in the tank easily(if you wanted to cover it, well the open spots..but im guessing since your eurobracing comes out so far, it might just work... as normally fish jump out near the sides?)

Chris

It's funny cuz since we're all pretty nano reef specific, we dont need to think about such things like schooling fish or large fish in general.  I find myself completely clueless as I'm trying to think of a stocking option that includes these kinds of fish.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/paracheilinus.htm

Paracheilinus_lineopunctatusTanakaAQ2.jpg

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/marine/fishes/w...s/cirrhilabrus/

Cirrhilabrus_laboutei_6cm.jpg

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/halichoeres.htm

Halichoeres_iridisAQ.jpg

They may not be schooling, at least, not in a tank that size, but they are some beauties and more species available w/ the larger tank.

I agree with getting a couple colorful wrasse. Maybe even a pair or two.

Here is a post on them from RC.

Fairy Wrasse The 2nd page, toward the bottm show threes pics of this guys Fairy wrasse being hand fed,and they are amazing.

Bob

EtOH_is_good

my fish suggestion is the Black Cap Basslet (Gramma melacara). very nice dark purple with a patch of black on the head.

Originally posted by EtOH_is_good

my fish suggestion is the Black Cap Basslet (Gramma melacara). very nice dark purple with a patch of black on the head.

Another good choice. I have had mine for 6 months now. Beautiful fish.

Bob

Archived