Top Shelf Aquatics

Tigahboy's 67g Reef Project

Tigahboy

still need to add another 20lb or so of fiji pink sand and at least another 50lb LR. but at least the transfer is finally done!

I'm not gonna bother getting the aquascaping down yet since i still have to add a whole lot more LR, so for the time being it will look bare.

And having the prop tank in-line makes life easier since I can keep all my corals in the prop tank safely while I spend the next couple of weeks adding more LR and finalizing the aquascaping.

Here's some pics (still cloudy from the sand transfer):

67g0423a.jpg

67g0423b.jpg

67g0423c.jpg

67g0423d.jpg

67g0423e.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm saving those pics for later. I can't reveal my secret stash of corals yet. reefer addict might try to steal em.

well okay. maybe just a preview. lol.

prop0423a.jpg

damn cloudy water! oh well. and yes, the pink yuma will be rejoining his buddies. =)

oh, and the pink yuma aint gonna be the only large and in charge yuma on the block.

I'm impressed with the quality of the work on that tank. The polished edges on the acrylic are nice. Too bad we don't have anybody like that around here.

~CHRIS

I keep trying to do something "different" but I always fall back onto the similar "style" of aquascaping I always do. I guess in the end I just stick to what I like and what flows naturally for me. but we'll see. When I get the LR, I might change my mind depending on what kinda shapes I find.

only reason why you saw turbulence before is b/c I didn't have any loc-line tubing on the inlet and it is located halfway above waterline...so water was splashing onto the surface of the water --> which leads to the turbulence.

they are definitely on in those pics, but since there's no splashing or microbubbles, it's hard to tell.

TheCoralReef731

have you ever thought about buying LR online? Just wonderin' cause I think getting 70 pounds is very expensive normally.

Peterk we socal folks have a very nice LFS called Jeffs Exotic FIsh and they have some of the best LR around. There would be no need for him to get LR online. Unless some website had real good looking LR for like less than $5 a pound with free shipping, hahaha. Which souonds impossible and still probably not order it because at Jeffs you can cherry pick your own LR. Awesome place. www.exoticfish.com

I really like the way you've got this tank set up. It's impressive how you place such an emphasis on the equipment, because in the long run, you can't have great livestock without great equipment! (Most of us have learned this the hard way). And figuring out the logistics of the plumbing and everything else has to be at least half the fun!

Plus everything's so clean and looks professional, good stuff.

Thanks for documenting this so well.

- Daniel

Originally posted by DHodges34

I really like the way you've got this tank set up.  It's impressive how you place such an emphasis on the equipment, because in the long run, you can't have great livestock without great equipment! (Most of us have learned this the hard way).  And figuring out the logistics of the plumbing and everything else has to be at least half the fun!

Plus everything's so clean and looks professional, good stuff.

Thanks for documenting this so well.

- Daniel

i learned the hard way fo sho

adamjonpeterson
Originally posted by Cesar

Peterk we socal folks have a very nice LFS called Jeffs Exotic FIsh and they have some of the best LR around. There would be no need for him to get LR online. Unless some website had real good looking LR for like less than $5 a pound with free shipping, hahaha. Which souonds impossible and still probably not order it because at Jeffs you can cherry pick your own LR. Awesome place. www.exoticfish.com

Wow it must be nice to have a place local with prices that good. Are the instore prices the same as the online prices. I need to get out of Kansas. Sweet tank can't wait to see it all done.

When you walk in, the prices are less, IMO, and there are usually specials going on. If you walk in on a Saturday, there's almost always a "Saturday Specials" sheet that you're handed. And it's not like "Buy 3 hermits, get 1 free!" ;) It's like buy 2 acros, get 1 free. ;) They have sooo much LR there from all over the place. I'll never go anywhere else for my LR again. :)

Oh... the L in LFS is barely "local" for most of us. ;) Hahaha. I still drive 45 minutes to go there once every couple months, though. :)

-----------

Sry I couldn't make it by today, Dennis. :| "Too tired" to drive by your place. :| Going to try and bribe the girlfriend into driving me out sometime this week, though. Haha.

Tigahboy I forgot to ask something. I noticed that you also transfered your litle clowns, are they going nuts swiming from one of the tank to the other? Hehe.

haha..ahead? i dont know about that. I did start up this project (according to the first post of this thread) back on 1-14-05. so long overdue.

Archived