Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tigahboy's 67g Reef Project

Tigahboy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Angel Higuera

Cesar...i think im gonna mount a powerhead and some hose together and use it to pump my water from the 5 gallon bucket into my sump when i do changes. I'm tired of pouring and splashing! this I think will be alot easier.

that's the best way. I have a set-up like that right now using a mag2, tubing, and a remote control to turn it on for water changes. makes life so much easier.

ah nutz! i just ran out of tropic marin salt and I'm still at 1.021. I need it to get up to 1.025.

anyone in west l.a. willing to let me pick up salt from you at this late hour? hahaha.

Originally posted by harmonicblue

long beach? lol =D

long beach. damn...far. are you looking to buy any corals? you could make a late night coral run to me. and i'll give u discount for the salt. ;)

lol talk about desperate... but then again, you are nocturnal.

honestly, just wait a few hours and go out tomorrow! :D

where's timb00 when u need him? haha. he understands the nocturnal ways.

we be making coral transactions at like 4:30 AM.

For my aquascaping, I've decided to go for a "modern art"/contempo look.

My theme: The lone stone stands alone...

67g0422f.jpg

so I'm assuming you approve of the theme and aquascaping...excellent. I knew I was taking a risk w/ this approach, but I figured it was worth a shot. my work is now done.

sandbunkerblues

Cant wait to see the outcome of this project.The NC6 was Way Insane Surprise......But As I have been in this sight I have come to find that this is the Tigah Way......

damn maxvan you havent done much partying it looks like a dixie keg cup to me...when does the rest of the rock go in(for those of us not gullible enough to believe you)

harmonicblue
Originally posted by Maxvan1

no more rock on the aquascape? just wondering, whats that red thing on top of your tank?

It vas a joke.

dang... TOTM!! jk

but it's a good idea to start tossing LR in there, it should help get some of the good bacteria colonizing on the tank itself & some equipment.

Are you leaving the bulkheads flowing into the tank open?

Just asking because, I run my rios without nozzles, pointed at the glass...flow is better and it creates a wave effect.

Originally posted by harmonicblue

It vas a joke.

Guy: gullible is writen on the roof!

Me: really?

guy: yeah look!

*I look up*

Yeah, I am gullible lol.

Originally posted by BelowH2O

Are you leaving the bulkheads flowing into the tank open?  

Just asking because, I run my rios without nozzles, pointed at the glass...flow is better and it creates a wave effect.

I was planning on putting 3/4" to 1/2" reducing Y loc-line adapters w/ nozzles, but I think your observation is correct. When I added a flared nozzle, it was a lot less turbulent. So I plan to keep the Y's and leave the loc-line tube un-nozzled. I tried various configurations, and that seems to be the best for my needs. I'll post pics soon.

Archived