ReefCleaners.org

ML's 14 IM Peninsula

ml86743

No news is good news right?  Finally cleaned the return pump after almost 6 months.   Currently have the mini jet on it's lowest setting and it's too strong.  Unbelievable how clogged up that thing was.  Glued down a few more frags of the cap as well as a blasto head - surprised how resilient that piece is.  I accidentally sucked up a piece during a WC and I thought it was a goner but sure enough it maintained enough tissue to regrow and now has a few more heads.  I have like four mini colonies around the tank now just from pieces falling.  Willing to send anybody some haha.  Its one of the standard color morphs - hoping my other variety's start to take off soon! (Pic below of main colony from last year)

OH!  I also ditched a rock that was covered in the green palys. in the back.  

Rainbow acan underneath the cap is taking off too.  8 new heads starting to pop.  Contrary to popular belief this thing gets a good amount of light and I would say at least medium high flow and seems to do very well.   In fact all the acans I have get a good amount of water movement and seem very happy...

Blastos - not so much 🙂

52715358842_eaee884512_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Not much happening here.  Redid the cabinet with some shotty DIY skills but it’ll work..and I’ll now have room to keep my test kits.  Still have cyano but it is what it is.

IMG_1858.thumb.jpeg.4334521f3d82aa34c772433144fcfb57.jpegIMG_1856.thumb.jpeg.d6d1f0cd3f4007554123571ed4e055e7.jpegIMG_1854.thumb.jpeg.34c66bec6616c97af758cd2afbf4c8ea.jpeg

On 2/9/2024 at 4:51 PM, schgr.cube said:

I love this acan so much!

Same here, hope it continues to hold its color I’ve had it for awhile now.   There’s 7-8 babies underneath too. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
ml86743

Man what a Sunday...

Long story short, I broke the tank down and removed the sand bed.  I just couldn't take the cyano and junk anymore...pulled all the rocks and inhabitants and put them in 10 gallon so I could clean. 

Rocks were pretty clean, gave them a good swirl in some old SW.  Corals were pissed last night and so were the fish.  During the process I siphoned off the firefish and she seemed okay..until I found her dead this AM 😞 RIP.  I really don't think the breakdown caused it - she was definitely stressed but I think she may have suffered some damage during her water slide.

Winston and the clowns ate like champs this morning.

SPS extension was decent this morning..I like the BB look more, the dimensions of this tank just suck so it's more of a holding tank until I can gather all the things I need for an upgrade.

Lowered light intensity to combat the lack of "sludge" that does not exist anymore.  I plan on feeding heavy while slowly bringing the light intensity back.  I've got frags all over the place but were stable haha.  

• Like 2
ml86743

Alright so I’m slowly gathering the materials to upgrade.  

just ordered a baffle kit for the 10 gallon I have laying around..trying to not spend tons of money but I’m going to go with the UNS 90L.  Will follow up with things as they progress.  In the meantime here’s the ol shit box after the sand was removed 🙂

IMG_1907.thumb.jpeg.0a105800157d387ae5725d4e8bb33eeb.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
ml86743

Mmmm not too much to report.  I’ve been in California for work since the 11th, but I’ve got a few photos from my gf.  She’s been looking after the tank.  Ready to go home in two days.   I’m doing some bio-monitoring work for desert tortoises out here, I gotta the say the mojave desert is unlike anything I’ve ever

I’ll probably order the 90L in a few weeks and then start to plan out a stand to build.   I was considering a closed loop - but I’m just going to drill a standard overflow, probably Eshoppes Eclipse.

here’s a pic of the tank and some from my desert travels! I’m dumb for not bring my camera..IMG_1355.thumb.jpeg.4bddaf048f694b268651867b19a60bcc.jpegIMG_1993.thumb.jpeg.bdfa93f77c616cb06ff9957a2b9937df.jpegIMG_1971.thumb.jpeg.c5a91490f8ea9fa6ff3c1b65a4039599.jpegIMG_1968.thumb.jpeg.e852bfde620a9d79140da2e68cc31de1.jpegIMG_1982.thumb.jpeg.51290e0d1ede313830f5abb95dfb233c.jpeg

• Like 2
ml86743
8 hours ago, noobiereef said:

Looks awesome! How did you like the pink steak wrasse? 

He’s the star of the show, love that guy!! 

• Like 1
ml86743

any suggestions for a budget friendly

option to light a 36 inch tank? I was considering adding another Maxspect jump and roll with two.  BRS also has a sale on the Maxspect razors..interesting option at 50% off..

@Reefkid88 you got any nanobox quads laying around lol!?

Reefkid88

Hahaha no I don't. I just have a NanoBox Tide on/off version. Braaap had a quad for sale I believe. 

ml86743
1 minute ago, Reefkid88 said:

Hahaha no I don't. I just have a NanoBox Tide on/off version. Braaap had a quad for sale I believe. 

I’ll have to check that out. 

• Like 1
ml86743

Back home! Had a crazy delay that allowed my the honor of spending the night in DFW..

anyway I been dying to dry fit the sump kit to the 10 gallon and it looks so good!  Fits as intended..the company is marine bio systems and in my opinion they’ve absolutely crushed it.  

I just need some silicone and that sump will be checked off the list. 

IMG_2037.jpeg

IMG_2036.jpeg

ml86743

Must be my lucky day - I had the UNS 90L in the BRS cart and was just about to pull the trigger..

Not sure why, but I decided to check marketplace just one more time..Sure enough somebody had one for sale very close to me!  So as long as everything checks out, I can get one of these badboys for 130 bucks. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
ml86743
1 minute ago, geekreef_05 said:

Looking great! 

Give us a full tank shot if possible! 

I’ll get one after work today! 

ryans.salty.crew
On 3/30/2024 at 9:12 AM, ml86743 said:

Picked up the 90L!!!! This thing is beautiful!

also a quick FTS of the shit box 😂IMG_2067.thumb.jpeg.a62caf88f5c11269f8d7d331d23641e7.jpegIMG_2068.thumb.jpeg.9f637c147d142d82dd21e640909fa41f.jpeg

The 90L!!!! I'm doing something super similar. I think they're going to be awesome tanks. 

I'm doing a 22G (Basically a 90L) on a 20G refugium. 

ml86743
14 hours ago, ryans.salty.crew said:

The 90L!!!! I'm doing something super similar. I think they're going to be awesome tanks. 

I'm doing a 22G (Basically a 90L) on a 20G refugium. 

I can’t freaking wait to get this thing wet, still deciding on an overflow. Any ideas what you’re going to use?

just did a horrible silicone job on the sump but it’ll work lol. 

ml86743

Couple more pics.

this is that TSA Hot Dang alvey.  It’s starting to really show some nice colors.

53629016149_94f6d51c1a_b.jpg

i really love these zoas;)

53627792007_88782e0886_b.jpg

• Like 2
ryans.salty.crew
9 hours ago, ml86743 said:

I can’t freaking wait to get this thing wet, still deciding on an overflow. Any ideas what you’re going to use?

just did a horrible silicone job on the sump but it’ll work lol. 

I'm using Eshopps Eclipse S overflow box. It came with a template hole and a drill bit to that template hole. It's crazy for the price they have it at. I haven't gotten it wet yet but I've heard good reviews

It's also so small! So I'm able to put it as a peninsula tank