inTank Media Baskets

Deb’s Studio 12 Aquarium

debbeach13

On 10/28/2023 at 2:42 PM, debbeach13 said:

Friend or foe

Definitely a stomatella, I have a ton in my tank.

Tank is looking great in that last photo. Seems like your anemone just had a huge snack!

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
debbeach13

I have been watching this bubble algae grow for a couple weeks. Today I thought it was finally large enough to try and get rid of it. Of course the picture showing it on the rock didn’t load correctly. I think I was successful got 6 bubbles without breaking any. 

IMG_2483.jpeg

• Like 4

Deb all your corals look so nice and happy..the candy cane looks great in the back left corner too!!  

Nice work on da bubbles!

• Thanks 1
Justind823

Nice work on the bubble removal. Don't want that to get out of control! Your tank is looking really nice! 👍 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
debbeach13

Yesterday I finally took 7 frags I had since last June to TSA for credit. Then I picked out 2 cleaner shrimp, 1 yellow watchman goby and a tiny tiger pistol shrimp. 2 trochus snails, 4 margarita snails. and a TSA blue hammer. 

! cleaner shrimp, both trochus and 2 margarita snails went it the 20L. Everything else went in here. The pistol of course disappeared. The cleaner shrimp went between the rock work and back wall. the goby hung out in a front corner until I put the lights on and added some frozen mysis. The he and the cleaner shrimp were all over the tank. The hammer looked fine. I was pretty happy.

Unfortunately, when I got up this morning the dam goby was laying on top of the mesh lid.

image.jpg

• Sad 10
29 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Looking for ideas. How can I attach this finer mesh on the right, to the existing lid on the left?

image.jpg

What does it look like underneath ? A lot of those lids just have a rubber chord  holding it on like a screen on your window. If so you could just replace with the smaller screen. 

debbeach13

That is what I was hoping but it is not made like that.
1st picture is the bottom 

2nd picture is the top 

3rd picture is trying to show the mesh is sandwiched in between. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

8 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

That is what I was hoping but it is not made like that.
1st picture is the bottom 

2nd picture is the top 

3rd picture is trying to show the mesh is sandwiched in between. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I wonder is there any way to pull the corners apart ? I wonder if its just sandwiched in there ? Hell my curiosity would get the best of me and I would break it........ :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1
debbeach13
14 hours ago, spectra said:

Hell my curiosity would get the best of me and I would break it........ :lol:

I break enough things by accident. My retirement funds just barely support this hobby now.

The only thing I accomplished today was removing the new hammer from the frag plug and glueing it to a rock.