Pod Your Reef

Deb’s Studio 12 Aquarium

debbeach13

banasophia
5 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

It is pretty good at trapping the little ones. Large ones get stuck! I over feed so my critter population is thriving!

Yeah I used to have a big problem with bristlworms in my Biocube 16 since I fed that tank heavily, and that planaria trap is great for culling the herd and getting them when they are small. 

• Like 1

Wow, this tank is gorgeous! Those acans are insane, do you feed or do anything special to make them get so puffy? Mine are healthy but nowhere near as large polyped

• Like 2
debbeach13

I feed my shy fire-fish frozen everyday. Using tank water to defrost. I have to shut off the pump to get the flinch to come out. I squirt the extra water in the direction of the corals as best I can using a pipet through the lid. I used to use reef roids a couple times a week and that worked great before there was a fish in here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Those acans are looking magnificent! 

If you don't mind, where did you find that glass trap? Lets just say I ALSO have a little bit of pest problem..

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2023 at 3:30 PM, debbeach13 said:

Flinch jumped and hit the floor on 6/2 but here he is tonight.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Omg… so glad Flinch was okay… my fish Stanley jumped tonight. Literally I had just said to my husband “look at Stanley, he’s so cute”… he looked over and then right when we were both looking he tried to jump and hit the lid… it was the weirdest thing!! He seems to be okay with no injuries, thankfully. 

Edit: forgot to submit last night when I wrote this. 

Between the IM10 and this tank Flinch has hit the floor at least 3 or 4 times. He has also been in the back chamber of each tank and hits the lid, including just last night. I swear it looked like he scared himself with his reflection.

• Wow 1
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Reef Casa said:

noooooo ! 

email us as will send you a free lid 🙂

You already gave me a lid. Unfortunately, Flinch would often jump when I remove it for any reason. I feel terrible that this time I didn't see him. 

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

You already gave me a lid. Unfortunately, Flinch would often jump when I remove it for any reason. I feel terrible that this time I didn't see him. 

I’m really sorry, Deb… that’s just like my Midas blenny… he’s in a Biocube with a lid… he tries to jump when I feed the fish sometimes and briefly open the tank… sometimes it’s hard to find him so I search around the tank and have to hope for the best that he’s still in there and just hiding.

• Sad 1

Same with Flinch. He had his favorite spot under a rock and I couldn’t always see him. He was getting better about swimming in the open. Always came out if I shut off the pump. If only I had shut off the pump that night. I would have noticed him not coming out. Now I am seriously considering some inverts and no fish in this tank.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Woodini said:

Kinda looks like a sargassum fish, I’ll find them in clumps of seaweed while out surfing

These little cuties also hang out in the sea grasses, around Japan.

• 3 weeks later...
banasophia

Beautiful!! 🤩 All your corals and your rock flower nem look so happy! It’s so interesting how your rock flower is dome shaped like that… I’ve never had one do that.