ReefCleaners.org

Deb’s Studio 12 Aquarium

debbeach13

Snow_Phoenix
9 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

I should probably just get some molly's and call it a day!

Mollies are actually not too bad. They're quite hardy once established, but mine grew rather large in my 60G. They breed very quickly though! 😅

I wanted to see what the zoanthids looked like with just blues. I didn't feel like reprograming the halo. Since the zoa's look so different than compared to how they looked at the LFS. They looked the same under just blue. I will swap the lights back today and then I will turn the white down a little and the blues up a bit. I don't want the full blue look but a little more color/pop would be nice. 

I got that light used and I think that it is a A29 model.  On the company web site they only have to models. The A29 seems like it is an improved version. Maybe 2 more leds and more control options like a built in timer. Plus there is a A100W fixture it claims to cover 24" x 24" by 60" deep!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Performed a 1-gallon W/C and replaced the filter pad. The big news is. This is now Flinch's new home. I planned on adding him back on 3/14 but could not catch him. I caught him in a cup and just moved him right into this tank. I have already seen more of him today than I have in the entire time he was in the 20L. I don't see him right now but will try to get a picture during feeding.

• Like 1

Those pictures of Flinch were taken after adding food. It has only been 3 days, but he pretty much is staying in a little cave except during feeding. Hopefully he is just still adjusting. I am wondering if he needs a tank mate, not necessarily another fish. Maybe a shrimp. Any ideas? Also looking for suggestions on a flowing type coral. I do not want to add any more Euphyllia until I see some real growth on the hammer. TIA

• Like 1

I wonder if the flow is a bit high for him…. many of my fish do that too when the flow is higher, they seem to seek shelter closer to the rocks. My one fish that doesn’t do it is my possum wrasse… he rides the currents like a little surfer... he’s the most active fish I’ve ever had. If you can get a possum wrasse I’d definitely recommend one, though I don’t think they are all active and outgoing like mine… I think some are really shy. A yellow clown goby or tailspot blenny are good options for a tank mate too. 

15 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Also looking for suggestions on a flowing type coral. I do not want to add any more Euphyllia until I see some real growth on the hammer.

A few flowing weeds: Green Star Polyps, Xenia, and Anthelia.

Maybe not as fast growing are: Blue Cespitularia, Clove Polyps, and some leather corals.

As you.mentioned, a Torch would flow.  Other LPS corals which flow are: Goniopora, Alveopora, or even a.Duncan.  Stay away from Galaxia.

• Like 3

Yes, for flowing corals I was picturing cespitularua or a gorgonian, or maybe GSP. Kenya trees are pretty and flowy but then you have to keep up with all the babies they drop. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Been a bit since I commented here. Normal 1-gallon W/C and filter maintenance performed 4/3, 4/10 + 4/17.

On 4/17 I also tried to frag 3 of the 5 zoanthids in this tank. I lost a few polyps in the process. I will post some pictures soon but not yet. Today I decided to change the light settings. Increased the amount of time lights are on and increased blue percentage.

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...
debbeach13

Not much going on here. I manually removed some large bristle worms a couple days ago. Yesterday afternoon I placed the planarian trap in here. This morning it has caught a few. 

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
Snow_Phoenix
8 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Not much going on here. I manually removed some large bristle worms a couple days ago. Yesterday afternoon I placed the planarian trap in here. This morning it has caught a few. 

image.jpg

Very nifty trap! :happy:

• Like 1