Coral Vue Hydros

Deb’s Studio 12 Aquarium

debbeach13

debbeach13
7 hours ago, Sharbuckle said:

Looking fantastic. Really filling in nicely! 

I added some stuff. But honestly, I am going to remove that and more over to the IM10 that's been empty since March. Then maybe take to the LFS. Before summer is over. 

• Like 1
debbeach13

I have gone back to feeding reef roids once a week since there is no fish. For snails and critters, I sometime squirt some frozen in when feeding the 20L.  I have some little pellets I should try a sprinkle. I am very happy with the growth of the corals in the tank. Just enough so I see it. I have manually turned the rock with the bird's nest and hammer a couple times to get even growth. Yeah I move stuff to much.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

I have gone back to feeding reef roids once a week since there is no fish. For snails and critters, I sometime squirt some frozen in when feeding the 20L.  I have some little pellets I should try a sprinkle. I am very happy with the growth of the corals in the tank. Just enough so I see it. I have manually turned the rock with the bird's nest and hammer a couple times to get even growth. Yeah I move stuff to much.

... same. 😂

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

I added some stuff. But honestly, I am going to remove that and more over to the IM10 that's been empty since March. Then maybe take to the LFS. Before summer is over. 

What are you thinking of taking to the LFS? One of the corals? 

Probably 2 toadstools I have 4 frags plus the mother, of course I always have clove ploys and can make more, some purple with green stripes mushrooms. Maybe some zoa's. Just to make some room and hopeffully get something different.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well the glue doesn’t show in that picture. Look under the yellow zoa. Still not great for how much is there. But all the white in the middle without Zia’s is not glue. Plus FTS but it is in flux and will change again. My bad.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

Yeah I hate that when I first glue stuff, but I find it usually develops algae and blends in pretty quickly. The tank looks good…I really like how you have it arranged.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Been awhile. I haven’t posted much a lot going on with family and also some minor health issues. Basically just in a bad mood. The results have been rather negative for my tanks. The first picture is a couple weeks ago. I did throw out the birds nest the next day. It was just a white bone. Changed to Red Sea coral pro salt and did just a 2 gallon W/C the next day. Second picture a couple days after that.

Going to do another W/C today. After feeding some reef roids, I grabbed the tongs or tweezers and went bristle worm fishing. I dropped and broke my little glass shrimp/worm catcher. Got at least 20 but there are still a ton in there. 

IMG_2390.jpeg

IMG_2391.jpeg

IMG_2394.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Funny you should ask. Here is how it looks right now. I did the regular maintenance Today. Cleaned the glass except the back, 2-gallon W/C, and new filter pad. I rinsed the carbon and reused it. I added a tiny pump in the display. The lights have only been on a short time. He tank will  be a year old in a few days.

image.jpg

• Like 3

3 little red mushrooms. I tried to wipe these out when I had hundred of them. I took the rock out and removed one. Then placed it between Diver Dan’s legs in the 20L. This is how everything got moved around, you know by mistake.

IMG_2402.thumb.jpeg.22d297ef1da7f9560b36a047ac270dcf.jpeg

• Like 3

Good morning, everybody.

This tank got wet one year ago today. Here is a summary of how things went.

1st coral added on 10/15/22

1st fish added 02/24/23 - 2 green banded gobies

1 jumped on 03/09/23. the other found dead on 03/12/23

Flinch the fire-fish moved into this tank 0n 03/26/23

He also jumped on 06/02/23

Fred the fire shrimp added on 08/12/23 

He was found dead on08/22/23

the one and only coral I have lost was a neon green birds. 

Almost all of the coral has done great in here.  The only coral that hasn't thrived and grown is one hammer. At least it is still alive! 

I have enjoyed the tank immensely and look forward to another year. Hopefully with some fish!

• Like 4

Wow, congratulations on the tankiversary!! It looks really great! @ml86743 is right, it looks so pristine!! Hoping you will be able to find some good lil fishes that will settle into this beautiful reef soon!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...