Innovative Marine Aquariums

Deb’s Studio 12 Aquarium

debbeach13

8 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

2 green banded gobies. I like odd number like 3 but they only had 2. While I was there I had them test the tank. Also picked up a $20. Frag. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Not sure which species this applies to, but I'd make two inviting burrows/homes to ease any aggression.  Good luck 🤞

"Certain gobies, though, can be intolerant of conspecifics or even heterospecifics that look similar, especially in limited space. 

This is the result of often strong territorial behaviours tying individuals to small patches of home reef. Limit stocking to one goby of each genus unless there’s plenty of room."

https://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/features/gobies-for-the-reef-aquarium/

I just shut off the pump to feed a little and spotted both gobies. There are plenty of hidey holes, caves, They, both seem fine so far. One is out and about and the other, may have already claimed a spot under the tall rock with the bird's nest. The frag is also in here. I removed the speckled leather and the Rhodactis over to Diver Dan's place. Originally, they were for the 20L, but they were tiny, so I want to watch them.

• Like 2
growsomething

Big fish get too much credit for being big.  Snorkling this week, if you stopped and held still around a rock or coral rubble, these little gobies and blennys were all over but you only saw them if you took the time.  Way more interesting.

• Like 3

I have wanted these fish since C est ma had 3 breeding in a 5.5 gallon. The tank was TOTM in 2008.

• Like 1

So far, I mix up shaved frozen marine cuisine and some reef roids. Shut off the pump. Add a couple squirts, wait a couple minutes, then spot feed the coral, and the fish (as best as I can).  They absolutely have a positive response and react like they are eating.

• Like 2

Hi guy's I forgot the extra feeding this morning, been one of those days. I spoke with a gentleman from Mars Fishcare. He Lives in a town next to Salisbury Beach. Where I lived before Fl. Long story short. I didn't buy an aqua-spin. Having previously owed a business with some sales involved. I did give him a lead, so the call didn't completely waste his time. I think he will be getting in touch with World Wide Corals, 

They are very nice fish, and interesting to watch.  They might even spawn in your tank.  But I believe they are relatively short-lived.

• Like 2
Snow_Phoenix
7 hours ago, seabass said:

They are very nice fish, and interesting to watch.  They might even spawn in your tank.  But I believe they are relatively short-lived.

I wonder if the longevity is related to size - smaller fish live shorter lifespans while larger fish live longer? I'm unsure. 🤔

On 3/2/2023 at 9:45 AM, debbeach13 said:

Just hanging out.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

They look wonderful, Deb. I wish we could get them here. Until today, I've never seen a GBG in real-life, but I'd love to someday, and take a few pics of it/them. Simply adorable little guys. ❤️ 

• Like 1