SaltCritters.com

90 Day Nano-Reno Contest 🔨

seabass

2 hours ago, Tamberav said:

So if I post my before pics now, I have till the 15 to fix?

Yep, everyone has until Jan 15th to complete their renovations and send me their summaries.  With the busy holidays, I'm sure that lots of people will be utilizing this time to finish up and take their pictures.  It's all perfectly acceptable.

There's even time for more people to enter.  But time is quickly running out.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Quick question. If I sent Seabass my 3 before pictures and posted them in the tank journal but did not save them anywhere else, is it acceptable to just post and send the after pictures to seabass?

Not today because the tank needs a little clean up first.

• Like 2

If the before and after pics aren't included along with your summary, then just let me know, or remind me, where I can find them (like in a recent journal post or in a previous message).  I'm going to be pretty flexible in this particular contest; all that I require is a message with:

1. One, Two, or Three before pics (taken sometime between Oct 1st and and Dec 29th).  Include them in your final contest message to me if you can (or let me know where to find them).
  2. One, Two, or Three after pics (taken anytime between Oct 1st and Jan 15th). Again, include them in your final contest message if possible, or let me know where to find them.
  3. An optional summary not to exceed 200 words.  If it's longer, I'll only include the first 200 words followed by "...".

I need everybody who is participating to send me their message by January 15th.  So let's wrap up those renos, take your final pics, write an optional summary, and send me (@seabass) a message.  Times running short. omgomgomg

Good Luck Everyone!

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

spacer.png

Reminder:  I need your messages sent to me by the end of the day today.

90 Day Nano-Reno 🔨

Brought to you by:

binford-tools.jpg.4be8d13c6fd79b80c56bc706db38f157.jpg & spacer.png

• Like 3
1 hour ago, xellos88 said:

Is it too late to join?

Sadly, yes.  You'll miss out on the prizes, but the idea was to get people to spend some time making their tanks more interesting and enjoyable, while improving the environment of the animals we keep.  It's really never too late to do that.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, xellos88 said:

Is it too late to join?

For the contest I think so, but not too late to do a little tank reno! I’m still working on mine. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
Just now, seabass said:

Sadly, yes.  You'll miss out on the prizes, but the idea was to get people to spend some time making their tanks more enjoyable for themselves, and the environment more healthy for the animals they keep.  It's really never too late to do that.

Haha… jinx… you owe me a coke?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
sam_the_reefer
9 minutes ago, seabass said:

Sadly, yes.  You'll miss out on the prizes, but the idea was to get people to spend some time making their tanks more enjoyable for themselves, and the environment more healthy for the animals they keep.  It's really never too late to do that.

Awww, too bad I missed this. Got to pay attention next time.

• Like 3

spacer.png

Final Contestants:

• debbeach13
  • empresto
  • Harrisonbored
  • kekke1082
  • mitten_reef
  • ptora
  • sadie
  • Tamberav

With so few finalists, everyone has an excellent chance to win something!

If anybody feels that I missed you, please let me know as soon as possible, and I'll make sure that you are not left out.

90 Day Nano-Reno 🔨

Brought to you by:

binford-tools.jpg.4be8d13c6fd79b80c56bc706db38f157.jpg & spacer.png

• Like 5

Yeah, the final number of contestants was a bit light, especially for a contest with such a low barrier to entry and time commitment.  I was really hoping for a couple of dozen examples that would help to motivate others.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Half a day late?

Good enough for me.  Send me a summary if you'd like to include one.  I'm adding you to the list.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, seabass said:

Yeah, the final number of contestants was a bit light, especially for a contest with such a low barrier to entry and time commitment.  I was really hoping for a couple of dozen examples that would help to motivate others.

My tank got hit with dinos just as the contest closed but wasn't sure how long that battle was going to be like but it recently just cleared up so it just wasn't meant to be 😂

• Like 1