SaltCritters.com

90 Day Nano-Reno Contest 🔨

seabass

12 hours ago, ptora said:

My tank got hit with dinos just as the contest closed but wasn't sure how long that battle was going to be like but it recently just cleared up so it just wasn't meant to be 😂

You should have asked.  Questions might have been a more interesting bump than "Tim's Christmas Quotes".  Anyway, send me (or let me know where your before and after pics can be found) along with an optional summary, within the next 24 hours, and your in.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, wuzzo said:

Should’ve entered this, my tank would’ve been a pretty good contender

You should have.  I'm not sure what was wrong with my marketing this time.  It was the easiest contest to enter that Nano-Reef has ever had.  IDK, I might be losing my touch. :lol:

https://i0.wp.com/cdn1-www.musicfeeds.com.au/assets/uploads/80f6353de2314ee720eca6317335ead0.gif

Oh well, I'm pretty sure we'll have another contest in the future; but it'll probably have more rules.  Plus, it might be awhile before there is enough demand for another contest.

• Like 4

I truly wanted to enter, but life got in the way. Plus, I don't think much has changed in my large reef tank except an aquascape reshuffle - and a new fish or two...? It's not much of a reno otherwise. 😅

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

I truly wanted to enter, but life got in the way. Plus, I don't think much has changed in my large reef tank except an aquascape reshuffle - and a new fish or two...? It's not much of a reno otherwise. 😅

I understand; but I would have even accepted just scraping the algae off of the front glass. :lol:

• Haha 4
sam_the_reefer
2 hours ago, seabass said:

I'm not sure what was wrong with my marketing this time

I totally missed it. I don't know if there's a special section for contests on the main page when logged in, but it should have used 90's blinky text and big ugly font face to catch more attention. 🙂

• Haha 5
54 minutes ago, seabass said:

I understand; but I would have accepted just scraping the algae off of the front glass. :lol:

Now I'm tempted to leave a tiny square-sized algae-free patch on the glass and say, 'Ta-da! Here's my reno!' :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Now I'm tempted to leave a tiny square-sized algae-free patch on the glass and say, 'Ta-da! Here's my reno!' :lol:

I wonder what Foxy would think about that.  :smilie:

• Haha 3

breaking news GIF by ATTN:

attention GIF

8 hours ago, xellos88 said:

I totally missed it. I don't know if there's a special section for contests on the main page when logged in, but it should have used 90's blinky text and big ugly font face to catch more attention. 🙂

• Haha 7

My tanks just aren’t far enough into their reno… still working on them though and I appreciate the contest giving me the motivation… they are looking much better!

• Like 5
1 hour ago, banasophia said:

My tanks just aren’t far enough into their reno… still working on them though and I appreciate the contest giving me the motivation… they are looking much better!

This was for sure my main issue! I have a lot going on personally right now with my own health and my fiancee plus a lot of tank shuffling and breeding projects on the FW side that my reefs have been sorely neglected 😬. I am working on giving them some much needed time and attention! 

• Like 4
NoOneLikesADryTang
13 hours ago, seabass said:

I'm not sure what was wrong with my marketing this time.  It was the easiest contest to enter that Nano-Reef has ever had.  IDK, I might be losing my touch. :lol:

I think your marketing was great. It’s easy to see how much you care about this site. 

I believe getting people to put up photos of their tanks looking like crap is a really tough sell. 

Plus, working on a mess of a tank isn’t nearly as fun as planning and building a new tank. All though a couple of our tanks needed work (and they’ve gotten a fair amount of work done on them during the course of this contest), I just didn’t have a lot of interest in documenting it. To me, there was nothing fun or exciting about doing it. 

• Like 5
18 hours ago, seabass said:

You should have asked.  Questions might have been a more interesting bump than "Tim's Christmas Quotes".  Anyway, send me (or let me know where your before and after pics can be found) along with an optional summary, within the next 24 hours, and your in.

Thank you, done!

• Like 3
On 1/16/2023 at 3:00 AM, seabass said:

improving the environment of the animals we keep.  It's really never too late to do that.

Hell no. The fish are doing good, the caulerpa is doing good and the leathers are doing good. The glass looks like bloody hell, but if it ain't broke I ain't fixing it. I do need to get an abalone.

I will post a pic of the cake we made that fell apart, lol. 😛

20221127_191557.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
On 1/18/2023 at 10:51 PM, sadie said:

mmmmmmm now I want cake.....omgomgomg

We make a fudge icing AND if you wait too long to spread it (cool it to much), it tears hunks off the cake, lol. Homemade lemon cake with mom mom's fudge icing.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
2 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

We make a fudge icing AND if you wait too long to spread it (cool it to much), it tears hunks off the cake, lol. Homemade lemon cake with mom mom's fudge icing.

Sounds delicious! I was definitely thinking, idc that cake is falling apart, that icing looks soo good. 

Tina Fey Nbc GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The best way to make it is to use a good Dutch processed cocoa powder such as Drost, it makes all the difference in the world in the end product. Hershey's cocoa powder is garbage. Alkalized cocoa powder is SO rich.

Welcome to Uncle Rob's cooking thread with an occasional reef tank post. 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1