Top Shelf Aquatics

90 Day Nano-Reno Contest 🔨

seabass

6 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

It feels like this contest is in stealth mode. Alot of members seem to be waiting to do a big reveal at the end. That's cool.

I am just plugging along because cycling two tanks at once is something new for me.

You can come up here and help me when/if I decide to restart the marine systems, all 390 tanks.🤪

• Haha 1
  • Wow 2
21 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

It feels like this contest is in stealth mode. Alot of members seem to be waiting to do a big reveal at the end. That's cool.

I am just plugging along because cycling two tanks at once is something new for me.

:ninja:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I forgot about tbe contest and started fixing up the water box without taking any pictures. 😞 definitly could have won for worst starting point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This really is what I needed.  After neglecting my tank toward the end of the summer, it needs an overhaul.  I just sent you a message Seabass, but maybe I will just ask all my ?s here and others can answer.  I don't think I have entered a contest before.  I don't really understand a lot of what is asked.  

1.You must add a tag to your reef tank journal, called Nano-Reno.  I don't know what "tag" means or how to tag something.  

2. pics, accompanied by the contest logo.  How do I add the contest logo to my pictures?

3.  How do I use an existing thread for the contest?

I think these are all the questions I have.  If not, I'll post more.

• Like 1

I did respond to sadie; but for others with the same questions:

If you don't already have a tank thread, (depending on the size of your tank) you can create a new journal by starting a new topic in one of the following forums:

When you do, you'll see a button called Add Tags.  Click that button and type in nano-reno.

You need at least 3 before pics for this contest; the contest logo is mostly to identify them as being part of the contest.  But yes, you can copy and paste the logo into a post with your before pics.

• Like 2

Just a reminder to follow, help, comment on, and/or encourage our contestants.  Find out who's currently participating by clicking the Nano-Reno tag.

nano-reno

And remember, it's not too late to join in.

• Like 4

Boy do I have a tank for this contest.  It did great for a couple of years and then the GSP took over.  A total reset solved that problem and the the flat worms arrived by the thousands.  Even though I removed my fish for the treatment they all died anyway.  I slowly added bakc in fish and everything was great until the macroalgae took over.  I took pics today before I started the clean out.  I think I may have a nano reef t shirt in my future if I can figure out how to enter the contest.

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, kimdawg said:

I think I may have a nano reef t shirt in my future if I can figure out how to enter the contest.

Add a nano-reno tag in your journal thread, and take at least three before pics.  That's essentially it.  And it'd be great if you could copy and paste the contest logo into the post with the before pics (so everyone knows that they are part of the contest).  Let me know if you have any questions.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, seabass said:

Add a nano-reno tag in your journal thread, and take at least three before pics.  That's essentially it.  And it'd be great if you could copy and paste the contest logo into the post with the before pics (so everyone knows that they are part of the contest).  Let me know if you have any questions.

Is there a cleanest tank trophy........... thinking of taking mine down.......... it will be clean when empty..........

• Haha 4
On 11/3/2022 at 10:23 PM, spectra said:

Is there a cleanest tank trophy........... thinking of taking mine down.......... it will be clean when empty..........

Did your parents have any children that lived?

How many Nano-Reef contests can you enter without spending a dime; or can potentially win with just an afternoon's worth of work?

wrench.jpg.7b1a1391a474a9663b22cdda35ebbfbc.jpg

There are hardly any restrictions; I'd like to see some more participation.  This could be yours:

award_colored.jpg.61832da4ecf337f4a69c8f2e7e9c68b4.jpg

Plus a coveted Nano-Reef T-shirt, and stickers.

• Like 5

Awesome, thanks!  They actually look pretty good.  Make sure that you post those in your thread, and then add the nano-reno tag.

To add a tag, just go to your thread (just under the thread's title), there's a place to add or edit tags.  Let me know if you are having problems.

I still can't figure out how to add a tag, but I can paste the logo. 

The only time I can see when to add a tag is if I am starting a new thread in the forums.  But to post a comment on my own thread, I don't see any tag things

sig_nano_reno.jpg.c3d05ee71140e330ba33f787177f747c.jpg

You're getting there.

6 hours ago, sadie said:

I don't see any tag things

While logged in, open your thread; right below the tittle should be a [+Add Tag] button like below...

image.png.eb4d960e00cb4558351bb68747a1d699.png

Click that button, and type nano-reno followed by a comma.  That should do it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2022 at 8:37 PM, seabass said:

Just thought I'd share... here's my heater:

w100222a.thumb.jpg.8189c9bac530d0c596f2b8ef6cde3c19.jpg

I honestly thought this was MY heater for a second...guess this is my motivation to improve my two tanks 😅 fun contest this will be my Second nano reef contest woohoo! Going to get my entry posts together in the next 7 days. I've got to get the rest of my little corner of fishness cleaned up first 

• Like 3