ReefCleaners.org

5 minutes ago, DevilDuck said:

I have a maxi mini and a BTAs in the same aquarium and even touching each other without an issue. 

Ahhhh it was you, was trying to think whose tank it was that i saw both inside 

Too many Evo's on here 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So looking at the anemone last night I saw that it had managed to twist its stalk, it looked rather impressive. Back to normal however this morning. Weird things

20220126_215537.jpg.d7c404a5fca96257a0f6284a432839af.jpg

Also after reading through a couple of peoples journals, I have found somewhere to try a Mini Maxi anemone in the tank courtesy of @InAtTheDeepEnd, order for the below will be placed tomorrow from Coralz.co.uk

1272213398_MiniCarpet.thumb.jpg.64f04c95c172851143d1e9395f9846b0.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
2 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Also after reading through a couple of peoples journals, I have found somewhere to try a Mini Maxi anemone in the tank courtesy of @InAtTheDeepEnd, order for the below will be placed tomorrow from Coralz.co.uk

Woahhhh... only 15 quid for that nem?  Definitely grab that sucker!

• Like 1

Thats seriously cheap!

Where do you buy corals-nems from? is it local?  I am looking for online places to order a few thing with reasonable shipping.

would you not be afraid of carpet anemone catching the mantis? I am no expert or anything, I just read that they are super sticky and aggressive, would love one myself but just dont want to risk it catching any of the inhabitants 

37 minutes ago, rimga123 said:

Thats seriously cheap!

Where do you buy corals-nems from? is it local?  I am looking for online places to order a few thing with reasonable shipping.

would you not be afraid of carpet anemone catching the mantis? I am no expert or anything, I just read that they are super sticky and aggressive, would love one myself but just dont want to risk it catching any of the inhabitants 

Well I am in the UK, so a lot of mine come from other peoples tanks that have them for sale in Classifieds in Local Forums, Gumtree, Ebay, Free Papers etc. 

This was a shop that another member on here mentioned so i decided to check them out as never heard from them. Looks like its a one man operation selling frags out of the frag tank to fund more purchases

I am a little concerned yes, however she currently avoids the BTA except to glance at it now and then so hoping for more of the same. Although thinking about it, might be OK with her Carapace

• Like 1
On 1/26/2022 at 10:33 AM, DevilDuck said:

I have a maxi mini and a BTAs in the same aquarium and even touching each other without an issue. 

Be careful with this as the BTAs may one day decide they don't like the maxi-minis being so close. I also had mine touching for a few years and then one day, the RBTAs said no and both of the maxi-minis ran for the hills.

About two weeks after this picture where you can see the RBTAs and Maxi-Minis together all hell broke loose and the little rugs ran:

all-nems-together.thumb.jpg.8c5c96aa0d1a8bcb3a873d2d9ce2ef56.jpg

They are absolutely fine in the same tank forever, but touching each other they probably won't be fine forever. Especially as the RBTA starts getting really big and wanting their territory.

16 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Anyway, BTA looking more bubbly by the day. No idea why, and don't really care. Low light (reduced stock), low to moderate flow (again stock). Nitrates 10ppm. Phosphates 0.1

Man, that thing is getting big fast! Once it gets used to the actually good N and P in your tank that thing is going to get some really awesome deep color!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, jservedio said:

Be careful with this as the BTAs may one day decide they don't like the maxi-minis being so close. I also had mine touching for a few years and then one day, the RBTAs said no and both of the maxi-minis ran for the hills.

About two weeks after this picture where you can see the RBTAs and Maxi-Minis together all hell broke loose and the little rugs ran:

all-nems-together.thumb.jpg.8c5c96aa0d1a8bcb3a873d2d9ce2ef56.jpg

They are absolutely fine in the same tank forever, but touching each other they probably won't be fine forever. Especially as the RBTA starts getting really big and wanting their territory.

Man, that thing is getting big fast! Once it gets used to the actually good N and P in your tank that thing is going to get some really awesome deep color!

Thank you, I have a placement plan for it at the front once I annoy the mantis and relocate some of her rocks, almost fencing it in. 

If it doesn't work the RSM has been started up again today, collecting 10kg of live rock from a reef tank shut down on Monday for a bit of biological biodiversity (looks like tonga branch too 😍😍)

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

So in anticipation for the arrival of my Mini Carpet Anemone on Friday (🤯) the Activated Carbon, small bags and some Polyfilter arrived this morning. I shall be busy with eggcrate adapting my current media rack to include a shelf for a small bag of carbon and a section of polyfilter if it is required.

Also been having a chat with a local reefer about taking some of his snac.... hermit crabs off of him on a regular basis. He seems to have either a breeding population or a hell of a lot of small hermits in his sump 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Small rescape today, gives tomorrow's arrival a space where I hope it will be happy and give the foreground some colour and movement

20220203_140500.thumb.jpg.283fac375a97b215411d7f99e3fabf37.jpg

20220203_140512.thumb.jpg.3a3c3bb49be4805e45f97f84dc497852.jpg

I know about thr algae and the aptasia, I've had my hands in the tank a lot today so will attempt to sort that maybe next week.

20220203_140535.thumb.jpg.42c84fb50caa071b4876af837da4fdbe.jpg

20220203_140529.thumb.jpg.6059704a51efafb63df0c4ce65ccf4b7.jpg

So pretty 😍 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

I've had my hands in the tank a lot today so will attempt to sort that maybe next week.

I feel like this is just a state of being for reefkeeping, every time you finish something you remember 10 and spot another 20.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ratvan changed the title to Mantis Murder Manor