ReefCleaners.org

No contact again from the seller, if no response tomorrow will open a Paypal Ticket to get issue resolved and/or refunded 

Edit: Seller contacted me finally for a delivery date of this Wednesday, has also refunded me the delivery costs which was an unexpected but very welcomed bonus

• Like 5
2 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

That has some "Looks Great" potential. I hope it does well for you. Nice grab.

Yeah and it's ights off and nerve wracking time, where is it going to be tomorrow 🙄

Looks like it should colour up nicely as well given a bit of time and kril

• Like 1
  • Ratvan changed the title to Mantis Murder Manor - New Nem 09-02-22
Kindanewtothis
10 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Thanks I am very happy with my latest purchase

Anemones are nice, I dream of a green carpet anemone (it will not happen)

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, M. Tournesol said:

The tank is looking better and better.
I can imagine its future with multiple anemones all over the rock.
sadly, in this scenario, the mantis will be harder to see.

Interestingly since the BTA has shaded her main entrance I have seen her out and about a lot. Also discovered that I need to give her krill first otherwise she walks to the mini carpet nem. Really want that BTA to split a few times and more now, second set up is looking empty

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
10 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Who knows, maybe. Tank is looking good.

😂 weird things these, and thank you. I am pleasantly surprised that i am managing to keep this almost entirely stock with these inhabitants, also accidentally all livestock from Indo Pacific

• Like 4

that BTA looks super duper! such a great focal point for the tank.

Are you doing any testing? I see that your xenia is not as fluffy as they normally are, I find them to be a great indication when something is wrong in he water, My Xenia went from being super fully to "dry" looking in a day after i must have overdosed iodine, and the other time it gradually became looking "dryer" and after a waterchange they perked back up within a day.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, rimga123 said:

that BTA looks super duper! such a great focal point for the tank.

Are you doing any testing? I see that your xenia is not as fluffy as they normally are, I find them to be a great indication when something is wrong in he water, My Xenia went from being super fully to "dry" looking in a day after i must have overdosed iodine, and the other time it gradually became looking "dryer" and after a waterchange they perked back up within a day.

Thank you, yes it really is a great focus. 

I test for Nitrates and Phosphates and keep them between the below ranges

Nitrates 5-10

Phosphates - 0.05-0.1

Other than that I check my SG is 1.024-1.025 and temp is 77-79F

• Like 2

You are doing better than I do! I never test for those two. But I do feel like Xenia being hardy as it is, it does react to all the "bad" stuff first, before other corals figure out what is happening. I am not sure what exactly causes it to go "dry" but a waterchange usually help, so it must be lack of something in the water. super useful coral if you'd ask me.

how is the new carpet nem doing?

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, rimga123 said:

You are doing better than I do! I never test for those two. But I do feel like Xenia being hardy as it is, it does react to all the "bad" stuff first, before other corals figure out what is happening. I am not sure what exactly causes it to go "dry" but a waterchange usually help, so it must be lack of something in the water. super useful coral if you'd ask me.

how is the new carpet nem doing?

I shall find out when I am home again next week. Hopefully I can also get shot of the Xenia soon now it's done what I want and moved to the main rock

• Like 3
  • Ratvan changed the title to Mantis Murder Manor