Jump to content

Kinda's "Magnificent" 50 and what not to do...


Kindanewtothis

Recommended Posts

Kindanewtothis
1 hour ago, Chibils said:

Anyways, I just finished reading your entire thread starting at the beginning. It sure was an interesting read, and I learned a few things too.

Thanks, I made mistakes, a lot, but I have learn so much too.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...
Kindanewtothis

How many asterina star fish is too much?

 

I'd say I have 20 of them just on my walls so much more in the tank. They are not bothering the corals so far.

 

Thinking about an harlequin shrimp but I'm not sure because of the pistol shrimp.

Link to comment
seabass

You don't want a Harlequin Shrimp.  They'll take care of your Asterina Stars, but then you'll need to constantly purchase sea stars to feed it.

 

The Asterinas' population will grow and shrink depending on available food.  I had hundreds in one of my tanks.  In general, I wouldn't worry about them.

Link to comment
Kindanewtothis
1 hour ago, seabass said:

You don't want a Harlequin Shrimp.  They'll take care of your Asterina Stars, but then you'll need to constantly purchase sea stars to feed it.

 

The Asterinas' population will grow and shrink depending on available food.  I had hundreds in one of my tanks.  In general, I wouldn't worry about them.

I knew about the feedings needs, the plan was to trade it at some point. But if it's not too bad (the asterinas) it's not worth it. Thanks!

Link to comment
Jakesaw
4 hours ago, Kindanewtothis said:

I'd say I have 20 of them just on my walls so much more in the tank. 

Do they breed in your tank, or did you put all 20 of them in your tank?

 

curious

Link to comment
Kindanewtothis
1 hour ago, Jakesaw said:

Do they breed in your tank, or did you put all 20 of them in your tank?

 

curious

They breed there. Must have came with a rock.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
seabass

They can reproduce by having a leg break off.  I believe that you can start a population with just a single asterina star.

  • Wow 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...