Jump to content
Gravity

Gravity’s Lifegard 4.1G - 365 Day Challenge

Recommended Posts

debbeach13

Vert nice I hope they do well for you.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
devaji108

always nice to have some life and color  in the tank.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Gravity

Yuma close up!


58EC7E49-B616-4490-B582-E043AE4E08CA.thumb.jpeg.cf5c17adfcdb4c71f82ce86b35a9029f.jpeg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Gravity

Moved my rock flower nem over from the other tank. Hope it settles in near where I placed it. 
 

1EF9E26B-6407-4D3B-96B7-8C12C4F36CB2.thumb.jpeg.a2af245c947a42a00e8e432a731686b3.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
SeaFurn
27 minutes ago, Gravity said:

Hope it settles in near where I placed it. 

Hope it does too...but don’t count on it. They are fickle sometimes! 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Gravity

Yup, looks like the RFA decided to sit in the corner at the top of the tank. 
 

C9BEA8F0-D603-4F9A-B5A9-4ECA2A72A114.thumb.jpeg.7ad368d96044dea2b37ca0603eeafe27.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
devaji108

that is a cool place for it! better than in back under a rock or on the front glass facing the other way..

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Gravity

Started dosing MicrōBacter7 today.  Not intended for any particular reason but I had it on hand and it can’t hurt to have in a new tank. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Gravity

Diatoms are here!

D1A30EA7-9D23-4ADB-9867-2042B2A33884.thumb.jpeg.f0b3967e3b0670f39a462eb666650ffc.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

That's a good sign.

Share this post


Link to post
karisma
On 3/17/2020 at 11:53 PM, Gravity said:

Started dosing MicrōBacter7 today.  Not intended for any particular reason but I had it on hand and it can’t hurt to have in a new tank. 

I use mb7. Completed my cycle in three weeks and still use it to this day.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Gravity

Yuma meal time! I tried some pellets before but it wasn’t really interested. However, it does like mysis. Please ignore the particles floating around. I decided to clean the glass while I was watching 😅
 

B0990C96-73FB-458D-B3B7-982FC4E97BF7.thumb.jpeg.b68c02d0c52871dbf00c2bd60e9050ce.jpeg

 

A0041708-21CA-41D1-BFE3-AC5831962C58.thumb.jpeg.b8300f86c51bc748b345ab8ac5092585.jpeg

 

91D6F2FC-E66B-48D5-9EE3-52B281B0F9EC.thumb.jpeg.86f038af5ba0ada6f7ea698aeee52003.jpeg

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

Keep that up and it's going to get huge or maybe split!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Gravity
22 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Keep that up and it's going to get huge or maybe split!

I hope so 🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Gravity

Moved and glued down the Ricordea florida today. They are still a little mad. Also finished the two week startup with MicrōBacter7 and now moving to lower dosing rate. 

 

2715DF04-33DC-4723-B5CE-1AAB1F909DD7.thumb.jpeg.21be36a983dc035209bfe0af7aef760e.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
SeaFurn

Wow! Your rock flower is still up there?! Mine never stay up high on the glass like that that long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Gravity
15 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Wow! Your rock flower is still up there?! Mine never stay up high on the glass like that that long. 

Yeah, it moved to the side of the glass for a bit then to the back wall by the overflow. Could it be that the flow is too low at the bottom of the tank?

Share this post


Link to post
SeaFurn
2 minutes ago, Gravity said:

Yeah, it moved to the side of the glass for a bit then to the back wall by the overflow. Could it be that the flow is too low at the bottom of the tank?

Hard to say. They do tend to stay in spots they like. Could be the extra flow or closer to the light. Or maybe none of those. I’d just leave it be and see what it does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Gravity
57 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Hard to say. They do tend to stay in spots they like. Could be the extra flow or closer to the light. Or maybe none of those. I’d just leave it be and see what it does. 

Yeah, I’m not gonna mess with it. However, I have been considering changing the return nozzle, currently thinking about adding a 3/4 to 1/2 reducer just for a little higher flow. What did you end up doing for your return?

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

Wow I never had any luck trying to glue ricordea. That looks awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Gravity
31 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Wow I never had any luck trying to glue ricordea. That looks awesome.

I actually cut the plug around the Ricordea so there is still a small piece of plug that I could glue down. I can imagine gluing the actual mushroom would be much more difficult. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Gravity

Added a cerith snail from my other tank to get started on the diatoms. Planning on getting a full clean up crew soon. 
 

DD9A37E6-AA8E-47AA-BFC4-4CD7CEBA1F35.thumb.jpeg.576bd77ecccd31217ef28ab591b2ff5f.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Gravity

The tank is still chugging along without much change. It is definable in need of a cleanup crew just haven’t found a place with corals or sexy shrimp so I can maximize the shipping cost. The RFA has finally moved to a preferred location on the back wall. 
 

DCF9967F-3E73-4095-B435-D4EC7C6D4418.thumb.jpeg.210b067fcd48ed88a70fff9e7f90e6f6.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Gravity

Found the yuma partially closed yesterday.  So I took some more photos. 😄 

 

A0185560-CB8B-48C4-9BE1-1085FEB0EBFD.thumb.jpeg.8976be7c52fd5433880bcec407cf3b5f.jpeg
 

0E2DF1BA-E2B0-45E0-B905-84B1FF39E21E.thumb.jpeg.e0b9683f64e6b8bc714b54ced8aad72a.jpeg

 

D8D92719-9DE4-409A-BB4B-9E826F4ED739.thumb.jpeg.e2036968e0f10bc937a2c209d38cd1b8.jpeg

 

B028D356-401B-409A-9853-4952B4B18AC7.thumb.jpeg.120069a518c6c44c91d0fa097046f72d.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
karisma
On 4/12/2020 at 1:28 PM, Gravity said:

The tank is still chugging along without much change. It is definable in need of a cleanup crew just haven’t found a place with corals or sexy shrimp so I can maximize the shipping cost. The RFA has finally moved to a preferred location on the back wall. 
 

DCF9967F-3E73-4095-B435-D4EC7C6D4418.thumb.jpeg.210b067fcd48ed88a70fff9e7f90e6f6.jpeg

Very sexy!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...