inTank Media Baskets

Tigahboy’s SW Planted Tank Project - Three.Six.Five

Tigahboy

13 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Another Friday, another FTS. 
52EC4A19-050D-467A-BB0C-B2153C18E784.thumb.jpeg.389d882e20545ec3335534bde3677613.jpeg

Pods should be coming in today. 🙌

You are going to make all of those planted aquarium influencers want to try saltwater. FYI ONF is making a planted fixture that can also do 20K spectrum. You may want to check it out 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
1 minute ago, William said:

You are going to make all of those planted aquarium influencers want to try saltwater. FYI ONF is making a planted fixture that can also do 20K spectrum. You may want to check it out 

Wow.  Didn't know that.  Those ONF lights are so nice! 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

I.Think.Im.In.Love. 

I'm glad you like it.  Cuz I've kind of lost interest in this tank as of late (even thought about getting out of this contest).  Maybe a combination of the heavy stuff going on in the world and I miss coral.  Also finding it hard to source stuff during the pandemic. 

On another note, I ordered a legit camera as a birthday gift to myself so hoping to take some real photos soon (after I've learned how to use it).

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Get some stuff won't look too drab under the lighting you have. Some mushrooms,favia or something of that nature. All of this BS will be over with soon enough. 

Man,I wish you would said something sooner,I had an amazing deal on a Nikon D3200 with a bunch of lenses for cheap.. 

I feel you though,some time I lose all intrest in the hobby,say eff it and then a few days later I want back in. I want something a little bigger than my 2g,even a 4 or 5g would make me happy. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Get some stuff won't look too drab under the lighting you have. Some mushrooms,favia or something of that nature. All of this BS will be over with soon enough. 

Man,I wish you would said something sooner,I had an amazing deal on a Nikon D3200 with a bunch of lenses for cheap.. 

I feel you though,some time I lose all intrest in the hobby,say eff it and then a few days later I want back in. I want something a little bigger than my 2g,even a 4 or 5g would make me happy. 

I definitely want something bigger as well.  A legit reef tank.  I may end up with some gorgs or could maybe add some colorful RFAs.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Maybe a combination of the heavy stuff going on in the world and I miss coral.  Also finding it hard to source stuff during the pandemic. 

I think I get how you feel. I have a hard time getting into my tanks lately - spending extra money, trying to source the things I want, and being worried about shipping... I've really been focusing on my gardens outside cause I have a lot of those supplies already and the sun makes me happy. 

The tank looks really good though!! 

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

How about a few Guppies acclimated to SW? 

Yes, a (small) group of FW-fish would look great in this tank! 😁

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, DNR88 said:

I think some of the smaller cardinal fish would look good. 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

What about a bunch of opae ula acclimated to full SW??

This is VERY interesting.  I'm going to look into this!  Thank you!

39 minutes ago, William said:

I think some of the smaller cardinal fish would look good. 

Small school of cardinal fish or even masked gobies would be nice.  But I can't seem to find any interesting fish online these days.  Sure you can get a clownfish all day everyday, but anything more unique is almost impossible right now.

1 hour ago, DNR88 said:

1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

How about a few Guppies acclimated to SW? 

Thought about doing endlers maybe... 

1 hour ago, Pjanssen said:

Fish would give you movement and add some interest for you. Some RFA's and/or ricordea would also add some color.

Agreed!  Definitely could use some fish.  Looking into RFAs as well but I get annoyed that they won't stay in place. 

2 hours ago, kimberbee said:

I think I get how you feel. I have a hard time getting into my tanks lately - spending extra money, trying to source the things I want, and being worried about shipping... I've really been focusing on my gardens outside cause I have a lot of those supplies already and the sun makes me happy. 

The tank looks really good though!! 

I do wonder if starting a tank during a pandemic is wise.  However, it does bring a lot of joy at the same time while staying indoors.  And thank you!  😊

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Tigahboy said:

This is VERY interesting.  I'm going to look into this!  Thank you!

Small school of cardinal fish or even masked gobies would be nice.  But I can't seem to find any interesting fish online these days.  Sure you can get a clownfish all day everyday, but anything more unique is almost impossible right now.

Thought about doing endlers maybe... 

Agreed!  Definitely could use some fish.  Looking into RFAs as well but I get annoyed that they won't stay in place. 

I do wonder if starting a tank during a pandemic is wise.  However, it does bring a lot of joy at the same time while staying indoors.  And thank you!  😊

Endlers/wild guppy Cross would be cooler. Might have too many algae eaters then though

• Like 1

Look at this beautiful macro that just came in today!

EFCC85D4-6EE0-4A6C-BBE5-1C06082D5A9D.thumb.jpeg.049d83eb038092ad566145f056a946ce.jpeg

I basically have like 3x the amount I needed, but you can never have too much macroalgae right? 😅

D7BD4566-EE78-4D1C-822B-CAB9B76D3246.thumb.jpeg.86ee48ac42e966cc8b1be55020b4690c.jpeg

• Like 6