Cultivated Reef

Tigahboy’s SW Planted Tank Project - Three.Six.Five

Tigahboy

4 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I love the side view! The sea whip is beautiful. I do miss the open space to the right of the rocks in the front view, though.

I agree, the open space was pretty nice. Added to the more minimalist look of this tank.  It’s basically a different tank now, but I’m still digging it nonetheless.  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Side view with the new additions.

DSC00138LR.thumb.jpg.777b9e4636d99b43fdfb2cded9e99e55.jpg

Look how tiny the gobies are!  Also they have been eating pellets, so I'm relieved.

Wow, how small are your pellets? Those are so tiny but really adds further splashes of colour to the tank

• Like 1
9 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I love the side view! The sea whip is beautiful. I do miss the open space to the right of the rocks in the front view, though.

I had tiny New Life Spectrum pellets (~.5mm size) for my tiny clownfish in my 20g, so been feeding them that plus ReefRoids. 

debbeach13

Hi Scarlett. Welcome to your new home! Red crab, red fish, red and green macro. A little splash of yellow and a splash of purple. Turning into a rainbow. Maybe some orange and blue next.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

Meet Scarlett Jocrabsson, y’all. 
245C61D0-2386-4D06-A70B-1DF7B6F04C35.thumb.jpeg.db77d0fe4ecc6b8861555ecba4030916.jpeg

I wish I could get one but Thor the mantis would eat it 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Beautiful. How many masked Gobies did you get? 

5.  Larry, Harry, Barry, Sherry, and Terry.  My son insisted on names so I had to think quickly. 

2 hours ago, Cannedfish said:

Just wanted to stop by and say your pictures are always fire, and I really appreciate that!

Thank you, kind sir! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
8 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

It really does look so much fuller now. I like it. I thought you only got 3 fish but 5 makes a better much group. Good idea for quick fish names.

I don't think I've ever had 5 of any fish before.  They do make a nice little group.  4 hang out together but 1 is more of a lone wolf.

• Like 4
banasophia
5 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I don't think I've ever had 5 of any fish before.  They do make a nice little group.  4 hang out together but 1 is more of a lone wolf.

Yes, I thought about getting those too and ended up getting my 3 scissortail dartfish instead... I love having fish that schoal together... so much fun to watch the interaction... I’ll be curious to hear whether the lone wolf joins the rest of the group as time goes on. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

5.  Larry, Harry, Barry, Sherry, and Terry.  My son insisted on names so I had to think quickly. 

Thank you, kind sir! 

How do you tell who's who? 🤔

• Haha 4
banasophia
48 minutes ago, Matteo said:

How do you tell who's who? 🤔

You gotta mark ‘em like you mark new born babies 

D0EB04E0-2370-4485-BD0D-EC574E0D37B4.thumb.jpeg.e3f13e9a63da92c0a9136dc882d0c9a4.jpeg

Haha but seriously... my three dartfish looked identical when I got them and now they are like the three bears with a papa, mama, and baby... big, medium, and small

• Haha 2
On 5/8/2020 at 11:32 AM, banasophia said:

You gotta mark ‘em like you mark new born babies 

D0EB04E0-2370-4485-BD0D-EC574E0D37B4.thumb.jpeg.e3f13e9a63da92c0a9136dc882d0c9a4.jpeg

Haha but seriously... my three dartfish looked identical when I got them and now they are like the three bears with a papa, mama, and baby... big, medium, and small

Loved The Office!  Also, totally missed an opportunity naming the fish b/c if I just replaced the names Harry and Sherry with Garry and Jerry, I could've paid tribute to Parks and Recreation's Jerry Gergich! Doh! 🤦‍♂️ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I went ahead and changed Sherry’s name to Jerry.  Just need to file the formal paperwork with the Fish Bureau of Records. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5
1 hour ago, Pjanssen said:

I really like the addition of the gorgonians. Adds a lot of interest.

I love them!  Gorgs always deliver! 

• Like 2

Going to try really hard to channel my inner @Cannedfish for this post. 
C911148A-7F6A-4929-A4B2-9BAE2C234C6C.thumb.jpeg.51abea058c49946fd1df66877a41e37c.jpeg

Garry (pictured above),

Formerly know as Harry,

Third of his kind,

Dweller of micro-caves,

Destroyer of fish pellets,

Voted most likely to win a Jerry (or Larry) lookalike contest. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 7
  • Wow 1