Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Official Lifegard Aquatics Crystal (AIO) Aquarium Club!!

ReefahBarra84

Been looking at this really closely lately, but I don't have a shop locally to source from. How have you folks found amazon? I keep seeing terrifying reviews of how they all end up smashed up.

• 1 month later...
FREAKINRICAN69

Awesome...thank you for starting this as i inherited a broken one off a fellow reefer and got it repaired by a local reefer and i'm not starting to get it ready to make it into a nice reef tank in my room. I'll more than likely do a build thread on this as well. 

Does anyone that has it setup have any idea on the dimensions of the sump area? Or if anyone rather has any suggestions on media baskets that fit nicely in the sump section please advise...Thanks in advanced and happy reefing! 😎

The Rainy Day Aquarium
On 4/27/2020 at 9:20 AM, mattx0711 said:

Been looking at this really closely lately, but I don't have a shop locally to source from. How have you folks found amazon? I keep seeing terrifying reviews of how they all end up smashed up.

Marinedepot.com has a few models available. That's where I've gotten mine and had no problems with shipping. Also MarineAndReef.com has them as well. If your looking at ordering one I would go with one of those sites personally. 

1 hour ago, FREAKINRICAN69 said:

Awesome...thank you for starting this as i inherited a broken one off a fellow reefer and got it repaired by a local reefer and i'm not starting to get it ready to make it into a nice reef tank in my room. I'll more than likely do a build thread on this as well. 

Does anyone that has it setup have any idea on the dimensions of the sump area? Or if anyone rather has any suggestions on media baskets that fit nicely in the sump section please advise...Thanks in advanced and happy reefing! 😎

Which aquarium do you have?

FREAKINRICAN69
2 hours ago, The Rainy Day Aquarium said:

Marinedepot.com has a few models available. That's where I've gotten mine and had no problems with shipping. Also MarineAndReef.com has them as well. If your looking at ordering one I would go with one of those sites personally. 

Which aquarium do you have?

Awesome thank you i already have the 24.09g tank. Just looking to see if i could order media baskets or other accessories for this setup? I'll double check the dimensions when i get home and see if intank has something that would work with them and i'll advise. I've bought some of the intank media baskets for a fluval evo 13.5 i setup for the Mrs. and she loves it and i love the ease of maintenance. Thank you for your reply and it's greatly appreciated.

Just purchased the 4.1g to transfer my current 3.4g desktop tank into. Trying to figure out the back chamber situation.

It looks like the Waterbox or Fluval media baskets and/or filter floss holders on inTank might be close enough fits?

My tank hasn't arrived yet - does anyone have the measurements for the backchambers on the the 4.1g? Also, is the stock return nozzle a loc line? If so, is it 1/2 or 3/4 inches?

FREAKINRICAN69
15 hours ago, Break said:

Just purchased the 4.1g to transfer my current 3.4g desktop tank into. Trying to figure out the back chamber situation.

It looks like the Waterbox or Fluval media baskets and/or filter floss holders on inTank might be close enough fits?

My tank hasn't arrived yet - does anyone have the measurements for the backchambers on the the 4.1g? Also, is the stock return nozzle a loc line? If so, is it 1/2 or 3/4 inches?

IF IT'S LIKE THE 24.09G LIFEGARD SHOULD BE 1/2".

THE MEASUREMENTS OF THE CHAMBERS ON MINE ARE;

1ST & 4TH CHAMBER IS 4 1/4" WIDE X 2 1/2" FRONT TO BACK

2ND & 3RD CHAMBER IS 6 3/4" WIDE X 2 1/2" FRONT TO BACK

i HOPE THIS HELPS AS I'M IN SEARCH OF INTANK LIKE BASKETS FOR AT LEAST THE 1ST STAGE POSSIBLY 2ND AND LEAVING THE 3RD FOR THE SPONGE & FINAL FOR RETURN PUMP WHICH HAS ANOTHER SPONGE FOR DETRITUS IN CASE IT EVER PASSES PAST THE 1ST 3 CHAMBERS. I ALSO EMAILED INTANK DIRECTLY AND AWAITING THEY'RE REPLY IN REGARDS TO SEE WHAT WOULD WORK BEST FOR THESE AS WELL. GOOD LUCK AND PLEASE ADVISE IF YOU FIND OUT ANYTHING PRIOR AS I HAVEN'T SETUP MINE AS OF YET. I'M WORKING ON A DYI LIGHT BRACKET TO IMPLEMENT REEFBRITE SETUP ON A AI PRIME 16 HD. THAT'S WHERE I'M STUCK AT NOW. ONCE THAT'S ALL SET IT'LL BE GOOD TO START ROLLING.

On 6/19/2020 at 6:27 AM, FREAKINRICAN69 said:

IF IT'S LIKE THE 24.09G LIFEGARD SHOULD BE 1/2".

THE MEASUREMENTS OF THE CHAMBERS ON MINE ARE;

1ST & 4TH CHAMBER IS 4 1/4" WIDE X 2 1/2" FRONT TO BACK

2ND & 3RD CHAMBER IS 6 3/4" WIDE X 2 1/2" FRONT TO BACK

i HOPE THIS HELPS AS I'M IN SEARCH OF INTANK LIKE BASKETS FOR AT LEAST THE 1ST STAGE POSSIBLY 2ND AND LEAVING THE 3RD FOR THE SPONGE & FINAL FOR RETURN PUMP WHICH HAS ANOTHER SPONGE FOR DETRITUS IN CASE IT EVER PASSES PAST THE 1ST 3 CHAMBERS. I ALSO EMAILED INTANK DIRECTLY AND AWAITING THEY'RE REPLY IN REGARDS TO SEE WHAT WOULD WORK BEST FOR THESE AS WELL. GOOD LUCK AND PLEASE ADVISE IF YOU FIND OUT ANYTHING PRIOR AS I HAVEN'T SETUP MINE AS OF YET. I'M WORKING ON A DYI LIGHT BRACKET TO IMPLEMENT REEFBRITE SETUP ON A AI PRIME 16 HD. THAT'S WHERE I'M STUCK AT NOW. ONCE THAT'S ALL SET IT'LL BE GOOD TO START ROLLING.

My tank arrived yesterday from Marine Depot. Given mine is a tiny 4.1g, my back chambers are a bit less wide, but practically as big front to back. Ordered a loc line diffuser for the return. Having it end in a joint rather than a diffuser is just one of the many odd design choices on this tank (transparent black glass back panels, lower extra overflow drain, etc), but given my size limitations, this looks like a great choice for a clean, AIO pico set-up.

I ordered the Chamber One and Two Media Baskets along with the Filter Floss Holder for the Waterbox 7 off of inTank as they seemed to have the closest measurements. Hopefully, with some tweaking I can find a solid combination of those for the back chamber set-up.

What does everyone else do for their back chambers in their Lifegards?

I'm probably going to stick with my usual filter floss > chemi-pure elite > phosguard > purigen. I think I'm going to avoid putting chaeto or liverock in the back chambers this time. It can create a nice mini refugium, but hard to clean, if needed. Plus, the chaeto bits always end up all over the place. 

• Like 1

Hello

I just setup a 9.8 myself.  Came across this thread last night.  I was going to post some pictures of the basket I made myself, but I don't know how to do that from my phone.  If anyone wants to share how to do that I'll gladly post some pics!

5 hours ago, jtperk320 said:

Hello

I just setup a 9.8 myself.  Came across this thread last night.  I was going to post some pictures of the basket I made myself, but I don't know how to do that from my phone.  If anyone wants to share how to do that I'll gladly post some pics!

That basket is awesome! What did you use to cut and glue the egg crate pieces?

3 hours ago, Keewie said:

That basket is awesome! What did you use to cut and glue the egg crate pieces?

I just used wire cutters, and then sanded down what was left.  Used super glue to put it all together.  Really was a pain in the butt to make lol but I like it and it seems to work well!

Thank you!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Break said:

What a neat idea - making them stackable to allow for greater customization.

Did you use epoxy to glue them together?

I did a super glue and baking soda method I found on YouTube.  Worked great! I really like the rocks.  Was the first time I've used them, and plan to use them again when I go bigger in the future. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, jtperk320 said:

I did a super glue and baking soda method I found on YouTube.  Worked great! I really like the rocks.  Was the first time I've used them, and plan to use them again when I go bigger in the future. 

Nice! Got any close-ups of the finished scape?

14 hours ago, jtperk320 said:

I just used wire cutters, and then sanded down what was left.  Used super glue to put it all together.  Really was a pain in the butt to make lol but I like it and it seems to work well!

Thank you!

Thanks for the advice. I am definitely going to try that. It seems super cost effective. And the stax rocks are awesome. I ordered 22lbs of them two weeks ago. My stand just arrived so I will finally be able to finish the scape and see it with the water and sand.

20 minutes ago, Keewie said:

Thanks for the advice. I am definitely going to try that. It seems super cost effective. And the stax rocks are awesome. I ordered 22lbs of them two weeks ago. My stand just arrived so I will finally be able to finish the scape and see it with the water and sand.

You'll need to make a notch out area for that plug hole at the bottom.  You can see mine in one of the pictures

2 hours ago, Break said:

Nice! Got any close-ups of the finished scape?

This is the best I have right now.  I'll see if I can get some more soon!

20200621_160650.jpg

9 minutes ago, jtperk320 said:

You'll need to make a notch out area for that plug hole at the bottom.  You can see mine in one of the pictures

I actually don't have a Lifeguard tank. I happened to be lurking and saw your basket design and just had to comment because it looked awesome. I have a 24 SC that I am starting and I was in a similar boat when it came to a lack of media basket. Sadly the 24 SC doesn't seem to be a popular choice and I am stuck looking at other AIO threads for advice. Your stand does look great by the way.

21 minutes ago, The Rainy Day Aquarium said:

For all of you that have the 4.1 gallon, would there be any interest for some custom acrylic media reactors/skimmers/media baskets? 

I'm sure there would be some interest - my solution was to purchase the inTank Media Baskets for the Waterbox 7 and had to dremel them down to fit the 4.1g Lifegard. StevieT said they're on his radar for making media baskets, but I figure it will be a while. The one in my first chamber still doesn't sit perfectly flush, so I would certainly be open to replacing with a more custom fit.

Black media baskets really make a difference in these tanks as it solves the problem of the transparent smoked glass false wall - without them you can definitely see your equipment and it's an eyesore (pic below).

I bought a black silicon mat that I'll be cutting up and using to silent the return as well as block out the third panel.

IMG_20200628_123134.thumb.jpg.26527a2b2ddeb3e73aa16ebeee030ddd.jpg

• Like 1