PXL_20230514_151518330

Everyone loves a dirty sump pic

PXL_20230512_003221197

Battlecorals spring sale pull

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
tanacharison
SPS Placement

Finally mounted the all the frags... Lost 3 between the two orders. Already seeing some of the ones from last month start to encrust. Fingers crossed! 

• Wow 2
mitten_reef
4 minutes ago, tanacharison said:

SPS Placement

Finally mounted the all the frags... Lost 3 between the two orders. Already seeing some of the ones from last month start to encrust. Fingers crossed! 

dude, those are some big ass deliveries! when did you build out such an epic scape!?!  love the spacing between everything!  stick around and grow em out this time!   

PS, i call dibs on that nanobox fixture whenever you decide you're ready for something new, lol.  and also the other "square" nanobox that you had.  😂

• Like 1
tanacharison
2 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

dude, those are some big ass deliveries! when did you build out such an epic scape!?!  love the spacing between everything!  stick around and grow em out this time!   

PS, i call dibs on that nanobox fixture whenever you decide you're ready for something new, lol.  and also the other "square" nanobox that you had.  😂

I did that scape a year or so ago... and then I pulled more rock out over the winter. I had way too much rock and not enough room for more corals and fish to swim. I'm glad you like it, its made for SPS. 

I've thought about changing out that light fixture a hundred times. I love everything about it and wish Dave was still making units. I rented a PAR tester a few weeks back and realized I need something with more coverage, I can hit 200 par for about 6 inches in center of tank and then I drop off to about 120-80. I was going to get a ATI 8 bulb and attempt to move the nano box lights down the center but I know I'll mess it up. I'm probably going to just add another reef bright strip to the opposite end soon. If I ever change the tank, I'll be glad to send it your way! 

• Thanks 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/1/2023 at 6:13 PM, tanacharison said:

Updated pictures. Note: anemones like to kill other things.

time to evict those nems!  too many pricey acros to have them wandering around.

the new growth update looks fantastic man...things seem to going along smoothly 

2 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

time to evict those nems!  too many pricey acros to have them wandering around.

the new growth update looks fantastic man...things seem to going along smoothly 

They are impossible to get out!! I've tried a large ice cube to rubbing the foot. Once they know I'm coming they shrink into the smallest little things in the rock. 

14 hours ago, tanacharison said:

They are impossible to get out!! I've tried a large ice cube to rubbing the foot. Once they know I'm coming they shrink into the smallest little things in the rock. 

try the nem cannon 😛

• Like 1
6 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

try the nem cannon 😛

Ummm yeah after a quick Google search that could fix all my problems! Purchasing the stuff today and will update Monday! 

• 2 months later...