inTank Media Baskets

The Broken Janky Tank - clown crab!

Tamberav

Whites on...moved and changed things around.

MVIMG_20190611_132543.thumb.jpg.8d98abe0745c9bae2320b22fbb19b128.jpg

MVIMG_20190611_132729.thumb.jpg.62f3cea3d50bc9e03f4a08cdfee741e3.jpg

Picked up a black sun and it's starting to open. Its too big for this tank and needs to be fragged.

MVIMG_20190611_135048.thumb.jpg.4ddd593331dbb6c82988a8f4732132c8.jpg

Also got a fish...a.horned blenny. He disappeared into the rocks shortly after.

MVIMG_20190611_133234.thumb.jpg.761391e4cf789853db12350e8ad5a1c3.jpg

MVIMG_20190611_133203.thumb.jpg.92ddbe50a9f65e9107feae9d45ac0cc9.jpg

MVIMG_20190611_133838.thumb.jpg.bc24cf309fd69e3ed8f38bf58b2026db.jpg

And made a super janky top before going to work. Yes I will replace it with something less terrible. Yes..that is packing tape.

MVIMG_20190611_134847.thumb.jpg.763ce713df582cce66066ea9e65972aa.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow 5
1 hour ago, yoshii said:

Wow what a cool blenny! You definitely don't see those very often

I always wanted a starry but felt they got too big for my tanks. This guy has the same charm and stays small. I am definitely in love and need to get a proper lid over the tank asap.

I do tend to always want the oddball lesser known or underappreciated fish.

• Like 3

Mr Blenny doesn't trust me yet. He is in that stage where you walk into the room and he is out perching and then sees you and zooms into the cave. He is really clumsy with his over-sized fins. 

I got GHA on the roots of the mangroves but they arrived with GHA already on them sooo... it pretty much grows from that spot mostly. I left it hoping maybe it would be a snack for the blenny when I am not looking. 

• Like 6
  • Wow 3
9 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Mr Blenny doesn't trust me yet. He is in that stage where you walk into the room and he is out perching and then sees you and zooms into the cave. He is really clumsy with his over-sized fins. 

I got GHA on the roots of the mangroves but they arrived with GHA already on them sooo... it pretty much grows from that spot mostly. I left it hoping maybe it would be a snack for the blenny when I am not looking. 

He’s sooooo cute! 

• Like 3
Snow_Phoenix
5 hours ago, Tamberav said:

He's gosh darn adorable! Love his 'eyebrows' lol. :wub:

• Like 2

Macro is doing better in this tank atm than my actual macro tank which is kind of frustrating! 😛 I think maybe the Kessil on the other tank is mehhh... I am fairly certain this pico has better par and color spectrum with the 'hybrid' par38 + t5 I have going. The sponges even bleached a little at the top. 

I am in the pod bloom stage now where the rocks turn green and everything is just hoppin with tiny pods. 

I was doing weekly 100 percent water changes but cutting back to 50 percent...about 1g.. because of the fish. Might do them twice a week. 

Here is a top down of the tank half drained. Can see the neat curls the scrolling algae is making.

MVIMG_20190617_004740.thumb.jpg.05b9fb7b3396faa58db34179c44fecc4.jpg

• Like 5

The blenny is settling in now and comes out and hops all over the corals making them close up for the FTS 😛

The acan has been pissy and I did see the blenny nip at it once because the feeders were out and wiggling. Then he moved on, so not sure that is really the issue, he didn't do any damage. It might just be him clumsily walking on things. 

Crappy FTS with blues and stomped on corals:

MVIMG_20190623_014605

He damn cute..... I can't stay mad....

MVIMG_20190623_015218

MVIMG_20190623_015330

MVIMG_20190623_015313

• Like 8
  • Wow 2

I saw these Yellow-Stripe Clingfish at the LFS for cheap and had to try them out. I don't expect to be successful with this difficult fish but I figured I would give it a shot as good chance they will just perish at the LFS or be bought by a noob. 

This is day 2, they have mouths smaller than bluestripe pipefish! They are eating ova but I plan to super blender down some mysis and other foods to try. Maybe try and find some cyclopeeze and other tiny tiny foods. I would like to get them weened onto a variety. 

They are in the conditioning tank in my basement which is basically just a cycled tank with live rock for fish I want to overfeed the crap out of and not care about nutrients.

I am sharing them here because with some modifications (no MP10 for starters) they could be appropriate for this pico if I can get them eating reliably. They need a species tank, preferably small so they can find the food easy. My ideal world would be to train them to a dish. So maybbbe clingfish? If they survive?

I also have another surprise oddity on its way soon for this tank 😮 Hopefully it doesn't hide all the time...

• Like 4
  • Wow 4

Very cool! 

I'm so nervous to put a fish in these small tanks let alone a challenging one.  Kudos to you for considering that. I hope they do well in the conditioning tank.

They for sure will have a much longer life with you than at the LFS or with someone else. i'd love to see them eating from a dish one day!

Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us.

• Like 3
On 6/24/2019 at 7:50 AM, SeaFurn said:

Very cool! 

I'm so nervous to put a fish in these small tanks let alone a challenging one.  Kudos to you for considering that. I hope they do well in the conditioning tank.

They for sure will have a much longer life with you than at the LFS or with someone else. i'd love to see them eating from a dish one day!

Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us.

Thank you...I do wish the tank was around 5g at least fish wise. Not so much bioload wise but just so there was more room. My blenny is just a percher but since the tank is small he ends up stepping on everything over and over when he does a few loops around the tank hunting for food.

The clingfish seem very personable and intelligent. They see me and start swimming around and when the pumps go off its game on for food.

I started putting their food in some empty clam shells and took a short video this afternoon I will upload in a bit. 

• Like 2