Hannah’s tank journal

Hannahhhh

21 minutes ago, Hannahhhh said:

Can anyone recommend a nice (SMALL) wave maker that doesn't break the bank? I

Not a recommendation

Here is Jebao's Nero copy(get the Nero)

Screenshot_20201121-141306_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Poison Dart Frog

The Jebaeo SLW-20 is cheap and not very powerful. I replaced a much more powerful unit with it on my 40 gallon and I have to turn the SLW-20 up all the way and it's still less than my  previous gyre was at minimum. Ideally 2 of them would work well. My tank looks happier with too little flow than too much right now actually. 

• Like 1
On 11/21/2020 at 11:22 PM, Poison Dart Frog said:

The Jebaeo SLW-20 is cheap and not very powerful. I replaced a much more powerful unit with it on my 40 gallon and I have to turn the SLW-20 up all the way and it's still less than my  previous gyre was at minimum. Ideally 2 of them would work well. My tank looks happier with too little flow than too much right now actually. 

On 11/21/2020 at 5:12 PM, farkwar said:

Not a recommendation

Here is Jebao's Nero copy(get the Nero)

Screenshot_20201121-141306_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Thank you both for the suggestion! I just ordered one!

• Like 1
On 11/21/2020 at 4:52 PM, Hannahhhh said:

I added a second wave maker this week hygger mini waver maker and I think I hate it. Firstly, it is SO powerful. The lowest I can set it is 40% power, but that is still almost too much. Also it is loud! It wasn't too bad at first, but it has been getting progressively louder. I am wondering if I got a bad one or if its just poorly designed. I took it out and looked to see if anything was misaligned but it doesn't look like it. I ordered it through amazon and they have a return policy. Im thinking I will send it back. Can anyone recommend a nice (SMALL) wave maker that doesn't break the bank? I need to place it on the right side of my tank, which is directly in my view from bed. I would like to find one that isn't too bulky or ugly looking. 222839021_61lWYNtKwL._AC_SL1200_.thumb.jpg.251057a56f386c2f232a003eeac70272.jpg

I know you posted this awhile ago but I have the same one in my Waterbox Cube 10 and mine only gets loud after a few weeks and it's due for a cleaning.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Andy7 said:

I know you posted this awhile ago but I have the same one in my Waterbox Cube 10 and mine only gets loud after a few weeks and it's due for a cleaning.

I decided to give it a second try, but when I plugged it in I kept getting error messages. I’m tempted to return it and try another in case mine was a dud. 

4 hours ago, Hannahhhh said:

I decided to give it a second try, but when I plugged it in I kept getting error messages. I’m tempted to return it and try another in case mine was a dud. 

Honestly sounds like you got a dud which sucks, mines been going strong for coming up on three months

• 2 months later...

I have decided to fully redo my evo tank. It’s been running since my octo died but 100% neglected. I finally bit the bullet and totally cleaned it out and pulled out most of the rock work. This is my plan for my new design- heavily inspired by @lizzyann’s tank of the month from last year. My main concern for this tank is that I’m going to stick with the lighting from the evo, and I’m not sure if it’s powerful enough to handle SPS. I’m also still new to SPS so for the time being I’m going to stick with super cheap frags. In terms of livestock, I’m planning on adding a super tiny baby cardinalfish that a local reefer accidentally hatched. 

826D265C-9D2B-4B36-949F-4FFAB09B9925.jpeg

• Like 4