Jump to content
Tigahboy

Tigahboy's 🌋 Pico

Recommended Posts

Wingy

A pom pom would look awesome climbing the volcano and hanging on the lip.  You would need to name the crab Joe.  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
seabass

The eruption movement from the torch is neat.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy

This week's dendro doodle!

1871948954.thumb.png.cc95868ce4cca2d7ca5633a551b62d3e.png

  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
ReefahBarra84
On 3/30/2019 at 12:24 PM, Tigahboy said:

July FTS:

IMG_20190715_074424_643.thumb.jpg.9110e75b7691f8b2bfa449c441925962.jpg

 

 

June FTS:

IMG_20190621_230309_728.thumb.jpg.c205d0e8425b241fdc34742d243a1fec.jpg

 

May FTS:

1867922093_MayFTS.jpg.43f62f2296fc2c8a5cfeb7079daf3a42.jpg

 

April FTS:

IMG_20190621_231748_099.thumb.jpg.5f28378170dd8adc913425756671c544.jpg

 

***

 

I'm in:

 

IMG_20190330_091057_778.thumb.jpg.d5574aa91409402cea084c51232e3be5.jpg

 

After being out of the SW game for close to 10 years, I recently started a FW tank that I've been calling the #kiddieplantedtank for my 3 year old son to house Japanese Blue Endler guppies.  The tank has elements that he really appreciates (i.e., mostly having a miniature "house" with a spinning wheel and seeing guppies "walk" on the bridge), but I've enjoyed it a great deal myself as well.  Photo below:

 

 

IMG_20190330_194421_579.thumb.jpg.68c2e782881184cf486086f09035ea99.jpg

 

That FW tank led me back to N-R, and I've been itching to set up a nano reef tank ever since.  I do have a 20g nano reef project in the works right now, but that is taking a bit longer than anticipated to get wet.  So I figure might as well make my life harder and throw this pico tank into the mix.

 

For this set-up, I'm going to try to make a pico that complements and replicates some elements of the #kiddieplantedtank that I set up for my son.  Basically a tank that both he and I can enjoy together.  I'm calling this one the #kiddiereeftank.  🙂

 

And the pico will be home to pom-pom crabs.  Maybe I should call this tank the Pom-Pom Pico Paradise Tank.  🤔

 

Some background:

 

I've been away from N-R for a very long time, so I'm not familiar with most of the active N-R members anymore, and don't see many of my old N-R buddies around (😥), but I'm looking forward to getting to know current N-R members through this contest.  I was a very active N-R member myself almost 15 years ago (Team '04!), and I had a blast participating in N-R's very first pico contest back in 2005-2006 with my custom 2.5g surge/tidal pico.  Admittedly, I focused more on the set-up than the livestock for that first contest, so I'm glad that we have standardized the tank and equipment this time so I can focus more on what's inside the tank.  But sorry, I just can't bring myself to do the janky tank. lol.

 

TL;DR - I'm super thrilled to be back in this hobby after a long absence, and I'm entering the pico contest with my #kiddiereeftank which will house pom-pom crabs.

 

Anywho, time to put on my game face.  

 

blacktigah2.gif.b9fa723bba725d32b5c6225c89459a5a.gif

 

Tigahhhh! Former team 04 here. "Reeferbarra20" last login was 2011, and apparently it was hacked. Can't remember the recovery email for the life of me. I'm about to be back too bro! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy
3 hours ago, ReefahBarra84 said:

Tigahhhh! Former team 04 here. "Reeferbarra20" last login was 2011, and apparently it was hacked. Can't remember the recovery email for the life of me. I'm about to be back too bro! 

Hey, man!  Good seeing you over here.  Looking forward to seeing your new setup.  😊

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
ReefahBarra84

Went back to read my old posts from 05 . 🤦‍♂️

This time around, I'm going to be an actual contributing member. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy
6 hours ago, ReefahBarra84 said:

Went back to read my old posts from 05 . 🤦‍♂️

This time around, I'm going to be an actual contributing member. 

I've been away a long time from NR myself. 

 

Not sure what happened to this place, but NR seems a whole lot nicer and more civil than back in the day.  It was more troll or be trolled back then.  I'm not complaining; I think it's better this way.  I'm trying to be a nicer version of myself as well.  LOL.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
ReefahBarra84
4 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

I've been away a long time from NR myself. 

 

Not sure what happened to this place, but NR seems a whole lot nicer and more civil than back in the day.  It was more troll or be trolled back then.  I'm not complaining; I think it's better this way.  I'm trying to be a nicer version of myself as well.  LOL.  

Oh, I remember those days man. Lol. It was vicious. Haha. Actually I'm surprised the forums are nicer than they used to be. I suppose it'll make for a better experience altogether. Lol. Well, we're a decade older than we were, so I guess I can try too.  Haha

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Pjanssen

Unknown.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
seabass

Nice little walk around.  It's become a quite the complete scene.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy
13 minutes ago, seabass said:

Nice little walk around.  It's become a quite the complete scene.

Thank you!  Despite its tiny size, there's so much to look at in here.  It's a fun little tank.  😊

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
748S911
3 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Thank you!  Despite its tiny size, there's so much to look at in here.  It's a fun little tank.  😊

Looking good! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy
Just now, 748S911 said:

Looking good! 

Thanks, man!

Share this post


Link to post
Wingy

Have you had any issues with the Dendro sending out long tentacles?  My LFS had a small one but kept an arms length open space around it which scared me away.  

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy
15 hours ago, Wingy said:

Have you had any issues with the Dendro sending out long tentacles?  My LFS had a small one but kept an arms length open space around it which scared me away.  

No, I've never seen long tentacles on any of my dendros.  Don't be scared!  Get it!

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy

New addition update!  Not a great pic since I took this in my car right after getting it.  But I picked up this Japanese Pink Nephthea today from a local reefer!  

IMG_20190720_171805_786.thumb.jpg.acc65772b3bb497c95525ae366dff506.jpg

  • Like 7
  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
7 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

New addition update!  Not a great pic since I took this in my car right after getting it.  But I picked up this Japanese Pink Nephthea today from a local reefer!  

IMG_20190720_171805_786.thumb.jpg.acc65772b3bb497c95525ae366dff506.jpg

 

 Very nice! 😊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy

Here's a morning shot of the Japanese Pink Nephthea in the tank.  

IMG_20190721_082443_394.thumb.jpg.1eb489beee243099e42b7e2646b5c53a.jpg

  • Like 7
  • Wow 6

Share this post


Link to post
Pjanssen

reminds me of cherry blossoms

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

Pretty! That one is on my wish list

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
haks

Nice! Did you drive all the way to Glendale for it? LoL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy
20 minutes ago, haks said:

Nice! Did you drive all the way to Glendale for it? LoL

Haha. No.  I saw that one, but I got mine in Costa Mesa.  Glendale is way too far.

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy
11 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

reminds me of cherry blossoms

 

I totally see that every time I look at it now.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...