Top Shelf Aquatics

Tigahboy

On 8/7/2019 at 11:15 AM, Tigahboy said:

The springer was really good about eating pellets in QT, but after killing off my flatworms and pods, he won't eat pellets anymore.... unless it happens to be in the sexy's claws first.  🤦🏻‍♂️

Spoiled lol, mine still eats pellets or anything that moves in front of his face, he even comes to the top of the tank like a goldfish... Wait... Mine's spoiled too...

7 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Spoiled lol, mine still eats pellets or anything that moves in front of his face, he even comes to the top of the tank like a goldfish... Wait... Mine's spoiled too...

LOL.  Yeah, mine is spoiled.  I wish he would eat pellets still.  Aside from the crustacean pellets that he snatches out of my shrimp's claws, I have to basically feed him frozen mysis now.  -_-

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Kangster911

Hey. I just wanted to tell you that these pictures you are taking, they look professional grade, like the ones you'd see in a magazine or something

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Kangster911 said:

Hey. I just wanted to tell you that these pictures you are taking, they look professional grade, like the ones you'd see in a magazine or something

Thank you!  That's really nice of you to say.  Amazing what you can do with a cell phone these days.  

• Like 1
Just now, 748S911 said:

Wow!!!!! Your pico is looking amazing bro!!!  

Thanks!  😁 That 1 dendro frag is a master of disguise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Noah C Peterson
11 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Thank you!  That's really nice of you to say.  Amazing what you can do with a cell phone these days.  

A cell phone???? What cell phone!

• Haha 2

@Noah C Peterson I use a Pixel 2 + either Reeflens or PolypLab lens (or both!). 

I think the Reeflens macro lens is better, but the yellow lens on the PolypLab lens works the best in terms of getting accurate representation of colors for me  (I think it's because the NanoBox lights have mint colored LEDs, and the yellow filters that out  better than the orange lens that comes with the Reeflens).  I also recently discovered that the Reeflens macro lens connects to the PolypLab yellow lens, so I actually use a combination of both now.  Hybrid lens!

Pixel phone takes amazing shots, but videos are just so-so.  I compared the Pixel 2 photos with my wife's iPhone 8, and I think I prefer the Pixel 2 shots, but my wife's iPhone 8 takes better videos so I use her phone for vids now.  I'd like to get my hands on an iPhone X tho to see if that could be a better option for both photos and vids since I want to upgrade my phone soon anyway.  

I do want to get a REAL camera at some point with legit lenses, so hopefully that can happen soon and then I can take these photos to the next level.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One thing about my Pixel, a lot of the photos will have these horizontal lines you see in the pic below.  They really annoy me.  Lol.  My wife's iPhone 8 doesn't do that (but her photos are not as crisp).

IMG_20190808_193642_384.thumb.jpg.3310d19c09dbea99b46b2fbb49ae522c.jpg

• Like 5
On 8/9/2019 at 11:46 AM, Tigahboy said:

One thing about my Pixel, a lot of the photos will have these horizontal lines you see in the pic below.  They really annoy me.  Lol.  My wife's iPhone 8 doesn't do that (but her photos are not as crisp).

IMG_20190808_193642_384.thumb.jpg.3310d19c09dbea99b46b2fbb49ae522c.jpg

Either chromatic aberration or the LED frequencies coming close to lining up with your shutter speed, slow it down or speed it up to get rid of them.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Amphrites said:

Either chromatic aberration or the LED frequencies coming close to lining up with your shutter speed, slow it down or speed it up to get rid of them.

Good to know?  But I don't think I can adjust that on my phone.  

• Like 1

Is Night Sight mode turned on?  This feature utilizes multiple shots to improve low light shots.  Multiple shots could account for the lines, sort of like Amphrites pointed out.  Pixel uses multiple shots for other features as well, like Top Shot; but combining them opens the shot up to light frequency differences.  I don't know that this is the issue, but it's a possibility.

10 hours ago, Amphrites said:

You can, but you might need to download an app like az camera or something similar to gain access to the setting.

Thanks.  I'll check out that app.

2 hours ago, seabass said:

Is Night Sight mode turned on?  This feature utilizes multiple shots to improve low light shots.  Multiple shots could account for the lines, sort of like Amphrites pointed out.  Pixel uses multiple shots for other features as well, like Top Shot; but combining them opens the shot up to light frequency differences.  I don't know that this is the issue, but it's a possibility.

I don't think I've been using night mode, but I'll have to double check next time I take a shot to make sure it isn't automatically going to that mode.

Curious, have you tried feeding the damsel with circulation on and crushing the pellets into smaller .25-.5 mm pieces? I forgot to ask lol, activating the prey drive in these little fish seems to be super easy and they'll taste just about anything in the water column ime.

On 8/16/2019 at 11:51 AM, Amphrites said:

Curious, have you tried feeding the damsel with circulation on and crushing the pellets into smaller .25-.5 mm pieces? I forgot to ask lol, activating the prey drive in these little fish seems to be super easy and they'll taste just about anything in the water column ime.

I have small .5-.75mm Spectrum pellets, and I do toss them in with pumps on, but the damsel will grab then just spit them out.

• Haha 1

The little buggers actually do the same thing to me sometimes, usually goes back for them if it can find them later (or if the current literally bops it in the head with food), weird little fish.

Accidentally bumped my tank last night and knocked over the decorative clam shell into the tank.  Surprised this was the first time that's happened.  It fell right on top of the torch tho. 😬

IMG_20190821_055937_231.thumb.jpg.c74474804f5dec565e73232ce68b2d30.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 2