Jump to content
Christopher Marks

Pico Reef Contest Ideas 🤔💭💡

Recommended Posts

Sancho
41 minutes ago, yoshii said:

Sucked it up and bought one today. So expensive for 5 panels of glass and ugly silicone

IMG_20190327_171850985.jpg

Your receipt seems to have a double post 🤔 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
vlangel
7 hours ago, yoshii said:

Sucked it up and bought one today. So expensive for 5 panels of glass and ugly silicone

IMG_20190327_171850985.jpg

But cheap for the 7 months of joy and comraderie you will experience during this contest.  I know I am going to enjoy you being a part of this contest so thank you!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Beer

I should have bought the 7 or 8 that I found at a local shop and resold them here. I think I could have shipped them for less than that.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
yoshii
2 hours ago, vlangel said:

But cheap for the 7 months of joy and comraderie you will experience during this contest.  I know I am going to enjoy you being a part of this contest so thank you!

Aww thanks Dawn, that is very true 🙂 I'm excited to have fun and be more active on NR with this contest! I can't wait to see you set up your tank!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Friendly
32 minutes ago, yoshii said:

Aww thanks Dawn, that is very true 🙂 I'm excited to have fun and be more active on NR with this contest! I can't wait to see you set up your tank!

good to see you Yoshii! I was wondering where you were as I saw no posting when I came back a few months ago. just as the last pico contest was starting, I met my now wife, hence I didn't participate as I had an entirely different focus. been 2 years now, so she's old hat and I can pursue other stuff again. KIDDING! well, not that she's old hat, but...STILL KIDDING! we're more settled and I can look at stuff I was interested in doing earlier...so I am.  :rolleyes: 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
kimberbee

What's recommended to frost the back panel? Linky??

Share this post


Link to post
seabass
24 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

What's recommended to frost the back panel? Linky??

Maybe a paint, etching cream, or film.

Rust-Oleum 1903830 Frosted Glass Spray Paint, 11 oz, Frosted GlassArmour Etch Cream, 10-Ounce

Rabbitgoo Privacy Window Film Matte White Window Film Frosted Window Film Static Cling Glass Film Non Adhesive Window Film for Home Bathroom Office Meeting Room Living Room 17.7" x 78.7"

 

 

 

 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Lingwendil

Oh, for anybody looking for a heater and filter combo, the Azoo mignon 150 will fit a Marina 10W  heater inside, and they are both cheap! $11 and $12 on Amazon, respectively-

 

IMG_20190331_094258.thumb.jpg.548655b10929c0e1a5ae893e29ac24ec.jpgIMG_20190331_094546.thumb.jpg.771c9a904fe11e57e51b62e868d63759.jpg

 

 

Figured this may help someone out if they're on a budget or may be addicted to Amazon Prime like I am 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
DaVinciClown
1 minute ago, Lingwendil said:

Oh, for anybody looking for a heater and filter combo, the Azoo mignon 150 will fit a Marina 10W  heater inside, and they are both cheap! $11 and $12 on Amazon, respectively-

 

IMG_20190331_094258.thumb.jpg.548655b10929c0e1a5ae893e29ac24ec.jpgIMG_20190331_094546.thumb.jpg.771c9a904fe11e57e51b62e868d63759.jpg

 

 

Figured this may help someone out if they're on a budget or may be addicted to Amazon Prime like I am 🙂

Thanks! I also have the Mignon 150 and have been looking for heaters 🙂 ordered a cobalt mini therm last night but will switch if it doesn’t fit in the chamber

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy
6 minutes ago, Lingwendil said:

Oh, for anybody looking for a heater and filter combo, the Azoo mignon 150 will fit a Marina 10W  heater inside, and they are both cheap! $11 and $12 on Amazon, respectively-

 

IMG_20190331_094258.thumb.jpg.548655b10929c0e1a5ae893e29ac24ec.jpgIMG_20190331_094546.thumb.jpg.771c9a904fe11e57e51b62e868d63759.jpg

 

 

Figured this may help someone out if they're on a budget or may be addicted to Amazon Prime like I am 🙂

Thanks!  Good info.

Share this post


Link to post
pricewayne
1 hour ago, kimberbee said:

What's recommended to frost the back panel? Linky??

Just saw a vid on this! Skip to about the 2:00 minute mark if you want to skip all the mumbo jumbo intro'ing.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Lingwendil

I usually just go pick out a suitable-looking shade of blue or black from the paint swatches at home depot or similar, and have them mix a tester portion, usually enough to do smaller tanks no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty
On 4/1/2019 at 11:55 AM, Lingwendil said:

Oh, for anybody looking for a heater and filter combo, the Azoo mignon 150 will fit a Marina 10W  heater inside, and they are both cheap! $11 and $12 on Amazon, respectively-

 

IMG_20190331_094258.thumb.jpg.548655b10929c0e1a5ae893e29ac24ec.jpgIMG_20190331_094546.thumb.jpg.771c9a904fe11e57e51b62e868d63759.jpg

 

 

Figured this may help someone out if they're on a budget or may be addicted to Amazon Prime like I am 🙂

I love budget builds!

 

looks good where are your to put the Chaeto?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
RudyEnt

My new addition to the tank.  A Ruby Red Scooter Dragonet.

20190514_172356.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
seabass
15 minutes ago, RudyEnt said:

My new addition to the tank.  A Ruby Red Scooter Dragonet.

Are you feeding live foods?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
RudyEnt
On 5/21/2019 at 4:59 PM, seabass said:

Are you feeding live foods?

Yes, both rotifers and baby brine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...