Pod Your Reef

Dave's 20g glass box 🎉 Water Box 20 IS STILL GOING.......

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

27 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

New video is up on my channel guys 😀. I am going to have a schedule now. New videos are going up Saturday at 530p est. I am gonna h.ave bonus videos sometimes during the week.

I feel like this video turned out ehh. I wanted to do some different things in this one but it didn't turn out how I imagined. Let me know what you think. I'm curious to know if the videos are getting better 🤷‍♂️

sounds is a lot better in this one compared to the last, interesting to see a reef show too 

• Thanks 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
46 minutes ago, ECLS Reefer said:

That looks like so much fun! Wish they came to Houston 😞

It was fun! I could only go the second day and it had started to clear out. Seemed like a bunch of vendors left after the show Saturday 😕. I wanna go to a few other ones someday.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
32 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

sounds is a lot better in this one compared to the last, interesting to see a reef show too 

Thanks man! I ended up buying a mic for my phone. I'm slowly trying to upgrade things. I do want a camera though.. I feel it might turn out better.

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
16 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

It was fun! I could only go the second day and it had started to clear out. Seemed like a bunch of vendors left after the show Saturday 😕. I wanna go to a few other ones someday.

That sucks! I asked J if maybe we could go to Aquashella in September since it comes to Dallas. Kinda stupid that Houston doesn’t have a major convention too, being on the Gulf and being the 4th largest city in the US. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 hour ago, ECLS Reefer said:

That sucks! I asked J if maybe we could go to Aquashella in September since it comes to Dallas. Kinda stupid that Houston doesn’t have a major convention too, being on the Gulf and being the 4th largest city in the US. 

I'd love to go down to that. They are doing one in Chicago also. I have to get a little more confident talking on camera. I'm still pretty shy. I feel like I'm coming around though. It would be neat to chat with other content creators but I need that confidence first. 

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
25 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I'd love to go down to that. They are doing one in Chicago also. I have to get a little more confident talking on camera. I'm still pretty shy. I feel like I'm coming around though. It would be neat to chat with other content creators but I need that confidence first. 

Well like I said, kudos to you for being brave enough to get in front of a camera. I don’t think I ever could.

• Thanks 1
banasophia
3 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

New video is up on my channel guys 😀. I am going to have a schedule now. New videos are going up Saturday at 530p est. I am gonna h.ave bonus videos sometimes during the week.

I feel like this video turned out ehh. I wanted to do some different things in this one but it didn't turn out how I imagined. Let me know what you think. I'm curious to know if the videos are getting better 🤷‍♂️

Well done! 

• Thanks 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
30 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Well done! 

Thank you! I'm hoping I can look back in a year and laugh at these videos. It's so weird I have so many ideas on how I want the videos to come out I just can't get it just right. Oh well, that's what learning is 😃

1 hour ago, ECLS Reefer said:

Well like I said, kudos to you for being brave enough to get in front of a camera. I don’t think I ever could.

Best advice I have gotten so far is "Just press record" 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
mitten_reef
4 hours ago, ECLS Reefer said:

There’s something coming up in Houston, let me ask my buddy, he’s setting a table. Send us a dm in a bit

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

There’s something coming up in Houston, let me ask my buddy, he’s setting a table. Send us a dm in a bit

I wish it wasn't so far. I'd love to head down there. There aren't any big shows up here that I know of. Are you going to aquashella chicago?

• Like 1
mitten_reef
26 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I wish it wasn't so far. I'd love to head down there. There aren't any big shows up here that I know of. Are you going to aquashella chicago?

Depending on timing I guess, I’d love to. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
Just now, mitten_reef said:

Depending on timing I guess, I’d love to. 

That's the one if I can go anywhere, will be the one i'll try and make. 

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Well it's that time of week. New video up 😊. Trying to keep it sorter and hopefully more entertaining 🤷‍♂️. Hope you like this one.

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer
8 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Well it's that time of week. New video up 😊. Trying to keep it sorter and hopefully more entertaining 🤷‍♂️. Hope you like this one.

Love the bicolor!!

• Thanks 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, ECLS Reefer said:

Love the bicolor!!

He is by far my favorite fish. I like the fact he keeps the clown in check. 🤘

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
11 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

He is by far my favorite fish. I like the fact he keeps the clown in check. 🤘

Oh blennies man, they have more personality than any other fish.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 minutes ago, ECLS Reefer said:

Oh blennies man, they have more personality than any other fish.

I wish I could have a tank of just them.

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
6 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I wish I could have a tank of just them.

I have a starry and ember in that 120g and they have fairly strict territories. One lives in the back and one stays in the front and if they catch each other sneaking past the lines it’s on. So it would probably be a challenge to have more than one in anything smaller. But man I do love blennies. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
42 minutes ago, ECLS Reefer said:

I have a starry and ember in that 120g and they have fairly strict territories. One lives in the back and one stays in the front and if they catch each other sneaking past the lines it’s on. So it would probably be a challenge to have more than one in anything smaller. But man I do love blennies. 

My little 20 is at max capacity. No more fish for me 😕.... Coral on the other hand. It's time to start filling her back up 😃

• Like 1

Just picked up a starry today for my little 20............. had to get a fat one that wouldnt fit in the angler mouth............ :biggrin:

• Like 4
ECLS Reefer
Just now, spectra said:

Just picked up a starry today for my little 20............. had to get a fat one that wouldnt fit in the angler mouth............ :biggrin:

you still have yet to show us pictures of this angler

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, ECLS Reefer said:

you still have yet to show us pictures of this angler

someday................. its hunting the chromies I just dropped in there............... need to clean in the am as I am making water now............maybe tomorrow can post a pic in the lounge............

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
45 minutes ago, spectra said:

Hell ya! That's awesome 😃

42 minutes ago, spectra said:

someday................. its hunting the chromies I just dropped in there............... need to clean in the am as I am making water now............maybe tomorrow can post a pic in the lounge............

I'd love to see that thing. Get going on getting us pictures

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Hell ya! That's awesome 😃

I'd love to see that thing. Get going on getting us pictures

I need to scrape the glass its a hair algae festival in there right now............... I went bare bottom like yours as I didnt like siphoning sand.......... I have not been taking care of it much either........just water changes and thats it........

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
48 minutes ago, spectra said:

I need to scrape the glass its a hair algae festival in there right now............... I went bare bottom like yours as I didnt like siphoning sand.......... I have not been taking care of it much either........just water changes and thats it........

Oh nice! I like not having sand. It's so much easier to blow shit around

• Like 2