Pod Your Reef

Dave's 20g glass box šŸŽ‰ Water Box 20 IS STILL GOING.......

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
9 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Oh its an angry noodle

Yes he was. When I first found him, I thought he was dead. Turned out he was sleeping lol. Once he woke up he was like ####ing hell, I'm outta here šŸ¤£

• Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

So the new corals seem to be doing ok.. still can't figure out why I'm not getting polyp extension šŸ¤”. The bubblegum Digi is growing like a weed and has color. Polyps are slightly opened. It's very weird..

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 hours ago, spectra said:

You have any nippers in the tank ?Ā 

Nah just a wrasse and bicolor blenny. I still have no clue what I'm doing with sps šŸ¤£

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 hour ago, spectra said:

What light do you run?Ā 
Ā 

also a wrasse could be picking at the coral if it has bugs on it.Ā 

I have one ai prime hd... I really wanna get the red sea light. Didn't you have that one?

9 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I have one ai prime hd... I really wanna get the red sea light. Didn't you have that one?

Get a second AI prime HD the redsea was just blue. Incredibly, only blue.Ā 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
Just now, ECLS Reefer said:

I forgot you had one too. Did you get rid of it? Did the coral like it?

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I am running a Red Sea over the 20 now. There not bad and can change the look. If you can pick one up cheap go for it.Ā 
Ā 

I had a AI over a 20IM and hated it.Ā 

36 minutes ago, ECLS Reefer said:

Huhā€¦..change the settings there a decent light I just hated the power supplies they came with. I guess now the issue is fixed.Ā 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

I am running a Red Sea over the 20 now. There not bad and can change the look. If you can pick one up cheap go for it.Ā 
Ā 

Huhā€¦..change the settings there a decent light I just hated the power supplies they came with. I guess now the issue is fixed.Ā 

thanks man! I am looking to hit these sps pieces with more sun... one prime just isn't cutting it. Maybe I'll get one and video it šŸ˜Ž

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I forgot you had one too. Did you get rid of it? Did the coral like it?

I liked how they could be controlled remotely, which you canā€™t do with AI, but thereā€™s only three programmable choices of light spectrums. I like how you can customize what you get from the AI to make it more white, more blue or whatever.Ā 

Ā 

2 minutes ago, spectra said:

Ā 

I didnā€™t end up liking the redsea because it was so BLUE and because it liked to disconnect from the WiFi all the time. I love the AI lights Iā€™ve got- two primes over the Evo, three 64 Hydras over the big tank, and even a FW over the little 10g tank.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, ECLS Reefer said:

I liked how they could be controlled remotely, which you canā€™t do with AI, but thereā€™s only three programmable choices of light spectrums. I like how you can customize what you get from the AI to make it more white, more blue or whatever.Ā 

Ā 

I didnā€™t end up liking the redsea because it was so BLUE and because it liked to disconnect from the WiFi all the time. I love the AI lights Iā€™ve got- two primes over the Evo, three 64 Hydras over the big tank, and even a FW over the little 10g tank.

Not gunna lie, the ai light is good. It has a ton of controls which is nice but I almost wanna try a different light. I've always been eyeing the red sea light.. I'll have to see whats up

• Like 1

If I go to a bigger tank I will go with a Radion 30 probably.......................

Ā 

or just go back to a metal halide...................

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
16 minutes ago, spectra said:

If I go to a bigger tank I will go with a Radion 30 probably.......................

Ā 

or just go back to a metal halide...................

lol do they still even make themĀ 

• Haha 1
  • 2 months later...
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Happy New Year Eve!! I have just finished my last video of the year. I want to to thank everyone who has stopped by to check out the videos this year. Thank you for taking the time to check out my channel. It means the world to me and I hope to continue in 2022. Hope you all have a great new year!

The new video is actually on my snake, so let me know if any of you fish people like reptiles also. I'm curious to see if any of you like themĀ :happydance:

Ā 

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 hour ago, spectra said:

I am NOT a snake person................ but will check it out............ :wink:

Ā 

See the source image

I know you're not but thanks for at least checking it out ā¤ļø. How have you been my good man??

17 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I know you're not but thanks for at least checking it out ā¤ļø. How have you been my good man??

living the dream like everyone else............ :unsure:

Ā 

ever get to use that snowblower yet............ :lol: I actually bought a real snow shovel last week because we were getting snow........... well its still in the garage as all we got was an inch..........

• Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
7 hours ago, spectra said:

living the dream like everyone else............ :unsure:

Ā 

ever get to use that snowblower yet............ :lol: I actually bought a real snow shovel last week because we were getting snow........... well its still in the garage as all we got was an inch..........

i did last year. It actually worked. I have to make sure it works still. We aren't getting snow anytime soon sooo šŸ˜¢

I've been gaming and making silly youtube videos lol. Glad you're doing good though

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

I'm back!! I have a new video up today. Things have been shit this year and I'm finally coming around to something normal.Ā 

I have an update on the reef tank coming soon also.Ā 

Basically, to sum up the year, we lost our dog in april and the lead up to it was really hard. I have a video explaining what happened if you want to check it out on my channel. The reef tank is doing well also. The rock scape collapsed, so that was fun šŸ˜©.

To anyone stopping by, Hello and hope you're doing good.Ā 

Ā 

• Like 6

Congrats on the new pup!Ā  It was 2 years ago we had to put our Belle down............. but its been about 8 months now that we have had Hank........ cant go without a dog for long............Ā 

• Like 3