Top Shelf Aquatics

Dave's 20g glass box šŸŽ‰ Water Box 20 IS STILL GOING.......

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

StinkyBunny
19 hours ago, spectra said:

Just picked up a starry today for my little 20............. had to get a fat one that wouldnt fit in the angler mouth............ :biggrin:

Bicolors are small this time of year.

18 hours ago, spectra said:

I need to scrape the glass its a hair algae festival in there right now............... I went bare bottom like yours as I didnt like siphoning sand.......... I have not been taking care of it much either........just water changes and thats it........

And that's the very reason you get a pistol shrimp and goby. They keep the shit stirred up in there, no siphoning.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Bicolors are small this time of year.

And that's the very reason you get a pistol shrimp and goby. They keep the shit stirred up in there, no siphoning.

The angler would probably get the goby............ plus I just did not want to deal with sand in this tank.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Well, my video this week is a little late because my mother in law was staying with us for 10 days......... I did manage to finish it up. Here it is for anyone who is following along on my journey šŸ˜ƒ.

I tried to make it less boring, so let me know what you all thinkĀ :happydance:

Ā 

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

I tried to keep the video simple. I didn't want the video to be really long and rambly. I wanted to elaborate more but I thought keep it shorter and kinda to the point. It was made for new reef keepers. Let me know what you guys think. I do know I missed a couple thingsĀ Ā šŸ˜‘

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I tried to keep the video simple. I didn't want the video to be really long and rambly. I wanted to elaborate more but I thought keep it shorter and kinda to the point. It was made for new reef keepers. Let me know what you guys think. I do know I missed a couple thingsĀ Ā šŸ˜‘

I liked it. Didnt annoy me and I actually watched all 8 mins of basic ass shit. Very good for a new reef kind of video that could get you excited if you are new. Well done. I think if you are looking for followers and need content you could expand in separate videos on each step. Go into par and controls on the lights. Explain what happens if you dont or do too many wc.Ā  Explain how to setup good flow. Expand on extra filtration good and bad with chemicals and mechanical.Ā  I could go on and on how to expand but I know you know that stuff. Just my 2 cents ... videos are getting better and betteršŸ˜ŽšŸ‘šŸ»

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
10 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

I liked it. Didnt annoy me and I actually watched all 8 mins of basic ass shit. Very good for a new reef kind of video that could get you excited if you are new. Well done. I think if you are looking for followers and need content you could expand in separate videos on each step. Go into par and controls on the lights. Explain what happens if you dont or do too many wc.Ā  Explain how to setup good flow. Expand on extra filtration good and bad with chemicals and mechanical.Ā  I could go on and on how to expand but I know you know that stuff. Just my 2 cents ... videos are getting better and betteršŸ˜ŽšŸ‘šŸ»

thank you so much man!! I'm trying. Honestly, it's been the best thing for me mentally and everything. The editing part is such a blast. I have a lot of learning to do still but it's fun because i'm challenging myself to do better. Means a lot that people are watching me ramble about silly stuff.Ā :flower:

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
10 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

Oh and maybe expand into nano reef keeping since that's been your gig. Lot of differences there

I still have to pick a solid direction I want to go. Once I start my new job in a couple weeks i'll have a life after work again. I'm gonna try and pump out videos and i'll have the time to get ideas also.Ā 

Ā 

Things are moving forward and It's a great feeling. I haven't felt like myself in so long. This has turned things around.Ā 

• Like 6
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Hey friends!! So I had to change my YouTube schedule. I got a new job and I'll be having more time to film and edit. My new schedule will be thursday at 12:00pm est . I just posted a water change video, and I think there might be some people that don't like how I do mine.... Check it out and tell me what you think. I want to thank you again for the support I get from everyone. I think my editing skills are getting better and I feel a little more confident on camera.Ā 

Here's the link šŸ¤˜ā¤ļø

Ā 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Hey everyone, I just uploaded my new video! Hope the info in it is good for all the beginners out there. I feel like salinity is lost and not tested as much as most other things. Hope you all like it.Ā :happydance:

Ā 

• Like 6
ECLS Reefer
On 8/5/2021 at 7:42 PM, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Hey everyone, I just uploaded my new video! Hope the info in it is good for all the beginners out there. I feel like salinity is lost and not tested as much as most other things. Hope you all like it.Ā :happydance:

Ā 

Good video!

• Thanks 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 hour ago, spectra said:

Digital for the win....................... :wink:

I might start getting different things in the future.. will see what happens. Hows your tank doing?

1 hour ago, ECLS Reefer said:

Good video!

Thanks.. I'm trying to make them better. Still a little weird filming.. How's everything going with you?

2 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I might start getting different things in the future.. will see what happens. Hows your tank doing?

Thanks.. I'm trying to make them better. Still a little weird filming.. How's everything going with you?

Its a hair algae mess....................... but things are alive..................

Ā 

Hell I have no time for a tank right now...................I feel like a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.......................

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
Just now, spectra said:

Its a hair algae mess....................... but things are alive..................

Ā 

Hell I have no time for a tank right now...................I feel like a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.......................

bummer.. busy at work lately?

Ā 

Just now, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

bummer.. busy at work lately?

Ā 

yep way to busy right now............. there is only 2 of us and yeah I could use one more but finding good help is about useless.............

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
Just now, spectra said:

yep way to busy right now............. there is only 2 of us and yeah I could use one more but finding good help is about useless.............

I hear ya.. sucks being short handed. One reason I left my old job... they took waaay to long to try and find someone. It's fine because I have lots more time now. Subaru is busy as hell. This week kicked my ass, haven't worked this hard in a while lol.Ā 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I hear ya.. sucks being short handed. One reason I left my old job... they took waaay to long to try and find someone. It's fine because I have lots more time now. Subaru is busy as hell. This week kicked my ass, haven't worked this hard in a while lol.Ā 

yep I wish things would slow a little but hey its what it is...................there will be time to rest when I am dead......................... :lol:

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer
38 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Well thanks to covid crisis #2 Iā€™m about to be making the dough and paying off debt. Unfortunately it means I wonā€™t be home as much but, I canā€™t leave my team hanging. Thereā€™s only 30ish of us that do my job, day or night. We are all so tired. This surge is going to be even worse after they start school.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
10 hours ago, ECLS Reefer said:

Well thanks to covid crisis #2 Iā€™m about to be making the dough and paying off debt. Unfortunately it means I wonā€™t be home as much but, I canā€™t leave my team hanging. Thereā€™s only 30ish of us that do my job, day or night. We are all so tired. This surge is going to be even worse after they start school.Ā 

That sucks, stay safe and keep doing the good things most of us couldn't do ā¤ļø

• Like 1
StinkyBunny
On 8/7/2021 at 12:12 AM, spectra said:

That's why as of January 1 I'm shutting down all machining operations. I had a kid last year that had trouble measuring. I lost my shit with him, the school and union, bags of dicks for them all.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

It's funny cause @jbb
texted me that the other day. I was dying šŸ˜ƒ

You don't have to mask your feelings, Dave.

NR actually has an HR department. It's a well kept secret, but they can help.Ā 

PS, you'll remain anonymous.Ā  Nobody will informĀ 

@StinkyBunnyĀ and @jbbĀ that you were the one issuing the grievance.Ā 

Ā 

Hope this helps, stay strong.

Ā 

• Haha 6