Coral Vue Hydros

Dave's 20g glass box 🎉 Water Box 20 IS STILL GOING.......

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
13 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I like that one. 😊

Thanks me too. It was just the perfect light. Plus he stayed still long enough for me to take a bunch of pics and pick the best one.

13 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I love my blennies so much!! I sure miss El Diablo.

He's such a badass fish. I'm so glad I'm having much better luck with this one. I had one over a year ago and he was sick from when I had gotten him.

• Like 5
mitten_reef
5 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Ok so I still have a tank. Here are some shots I got with my phone. 🤗

Taken with the pixel 4 xl and yellow filter. No other adjustments were made. I think these might be my best work 🙂

Enjoy the whatever day today is 🤣

Oh forgot it's mixed with natural sunlight also. Had my from door open and the sun bleeds in so you get these awesome pics I guess.

IMG_20200428_172620_125.jpg

IMG_20200428_172620_126.jpg

IMG_20200428_172620_131.jpg

IMG_20200428_172025_MP.jpg

IMG_20200428_171853_MP.jpg

things are looking real nice Dave 👍  

what's your lighting and maintenance like these days?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
ECLS Reefer
5 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Ok so I still have a tank. Here are some shots I got with my phone. 🤗

Taken with the pixel 4 xl and yellow filter. No other adjustments were made. I think these might be my best work 🙂

Enjoy the whatever day today is 🤣

Oh forgot it's mixed with natural sunlight also. Had my from door open and the sun bleeds in so you get these awesome pics I guess.

IMG_20200428_172620_125.jpg

IMG_20200428_172620_126.jpg

IMG_20200428_172620_131.jpg

IMG_20200428_172025_MP.jpg

IMG_20200428_171853_MP.jpg

I'm highly concerned about the ghost in the background of the third picture. Can we speak to that?? You need to call Ghost Hunters and have an exorcism???

• Haha 5
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
17 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

things are looking real nice Dave 👍  

what's your lighting and maintenance like these days?

Thanks buddy 😊. Maintenance is water change every other week. Once a week if it seems like something is wrong. Lights are on par for what we talked about. I've got about another 2 weeks on acclimate mode. The bubble gum digis have slowly colored up. They aren't brown anymore but more of a purple? Hard to tell but not like they are browned out. Lights are peaking for 7 hours now instead of only 4. I'm about due to add another half hour.

17 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I'm highly concerned about the ghost in the background of the third picture. Can we speak to that?? You need to call Ghost Hunters and have an exorcism???

🤣 It's a gaming chair because I have no couch yet. But good eye🤗

11 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Lovely Euphyllia mate

Thank thanks man. That was the perfect spot you suggested a long time ago. It's working out so well.

I need more corals up top of the rock now. Looks like I'm gonna be starting to get acros 😬. Still seriously concerned but I'll be starting with something super cheap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 10/4/2019 at 3:05 PM, Ratvan said:

I like the idea of a little Euphyllia patch towards the front, those colours will look nice together as well. If you can get tehm close enough it is possible to make the frags look like a complete colony 

My god I did... 

4 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Thanks buddy 😊. Maintenance is water change every other week. Once a week if it seems like something is wrong. Lights are on par for what we talked about. I've got about another 2 weeks on acclimate mode. The bubble gum digis have slowly colored up. They aren't brown anymore but more of a purple? Hard to tell but not like they are browned out. Lights are peaking for 7 hours now instead of only 4. I'm about due to add another half hour.

🤣 It's a gaming chair because I have no couch yet. But good eye🤗

Thank thanks man. That was the perfect spot you suggested a long time ago. It's working out so well.

I need more corals up top of the rock now. Looks like I'm gonna be starting to get acros 😬. Still seriously concerned but I'll be starting with something super cheap.

I need to listen to my own advise 

• Haha 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, Ratvan said:

My god I did... 

I need to listen to my own advise 

Love ya man!! 🤗 I can't believe you found it 🤣

• Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, Ratvan said:

I didn't believe you. I was like surely I can't still be giving euphyllia garden advise... One year later yup

That is probably my favorite spot in my tank thanks to that solid idea. I would've never thought to combine them all. I think I like it the most because once they opened fully it looks like one coral to the untrained eye. Also if they start to pull in I know something is a miss with the water. Usually my p04 drops to zero and they shrivel up.

Still battling that and I still have to get some phosphate in a bottle but I've managed to keep it in check.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Possibly baby sharks... You can house them in a 20 gallon cube right..

I just bought them on a whim and figured I'd research as soon as I got home 🤷‍♂️🤣

• Haha 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Yeah you're fine remember the one foot per gallon rule 👍

Bhahaha right! I remember now

It's been so long since I bought anything I forgot what to do 😂

• Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Ok drumroll please.............

I present my first acros? Maybe a milli? I honestly have no idea what they are exactly but I'mma try not to kill them. Hope the pics look ok. I felt I needed some green up at the top so these are what I got.

So if any of you sps buffs know what they are let me know. And best part is they aren't booger sized either.

IMG_20200520_145226.jpg

IMG_20200520_145222.jpg

IMG_20200520_145213_MP.jpg

IMG_20200520_145209.jpg

• Like 5
ECLS Reefer
25 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I present my first acros? Maybe a milli? I honestly have no idea what they are exactly but I'mma try not to kill them. Hope the pics look ok. I felt I needed some green up at the top so these are what I got.

So if any of you sps buffs know what they are let me know. And best part is they aren't booger sized either.

IMG_20200520_145226.jpg

IMG_20200520_145222.jpg

IMG_20200520_145209.jpg

Best of luck! I’m currently wandering this dark path as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
mitten_reef
2 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I’m currently wandering this dark path as well. 

just a path?  I'd say you're stumbling around in the middle of the enchanted forest with the amount of acros you recently acquired!  

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
7 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Best of luck! I’m currently wandering this dark path as well. 

Thanks you too! Let's do this!! 👍👍

• Like 1
mitten_reef
34 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

IMG_20200520_145226.jpg

IMG_20200520_145222.jpg

IMG_20200520_145209.jpg

both look nice and seem to have been growing in the LFS.  no idea on ID, did LFS not tell you what they are?

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer
7 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

just a path?  I'd say you're stumbling around in the middle of the enchanted forest with the amount of acros you recently acquired!  

Oh I’ve been stumbling around in this forest for a year now. I’d say now I’m wading thru the Fire Swamp. I’ve made it past the flame spurt and lightning sand; I’m just trying to avoid the ROUS’s

• Like 4
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, mitten_reef said:

both look nice and seem to have been growing in the LFS.  no idea on ID, did LFS not tell you what they are?

Nah I didn't even ask 😂. I just picked them out if the pictures he sent me. The bigger one looks like a milli to me.

• Like 3