Innovative Marine Aquariums

Red Sea Reefer 350 Build

hedgeclipper2

hedgeclipper2
58 minutes ago, Cutter79 said:

How is your tank doing? Any updates?

It has been doing well.  I have been on vacation a lot lately and trying to finish the house I am flipping so it has been having to keep up with itself.  So far I haven't had any issues with just a friend coming by every other day to feed and top off the ATO.  All 6 fish are still very active, even the Royal Gramma is out about 80% of the day now, which is a huge win in my book.  

I did buy and assemble the Red Sea DIY Net Cover and wow, that was a PITA to get together, and I don't really like it, but it will have to do until I save an arm and a leg for a custom cover from TopLids or Clearview.  I also want the Kessil AP700 before I have that lid made.  Oh, and an ApexEL. Ugh, I need a loan for this tank.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, hedgeclipper2 said:

It has been doing well.  I have been on vacation a lot lately and trying to finish the house I am flipping so it has been having to keep up with itself.  So far I haven't had any issues with just a friend coming by every other day to feed and top off the ATO.  All 6 fish are still very active, even the Royal Gramma is out about 80% of the day now, which is a huge win in my book.  

I did buy and assemble the Red Sea DIY Net Cover and wow, that was a PITA to get together, and I don't really like it, but it will have to do until I save an arm and a leg for a custom cover from TopLids or Clearview.  I also want the Kessil AP700 before I have that lid made.  Oh, and an ApexEL. Ugh, I need a loan for this tank.

Since I added my Foxface and he got comfortable in the tank, my Royal Gramma has been out a lot. The Foxface lures the royal out of his rock and then blocks his entrance so the Royal has gotten use to swimming about lol. Awesome to watch The Foxface lets him back in after he has got his exercise. 

hedgeclipper2
3 hours ago, Cutter79 said:

Since I added my Foxface and he got comfortable in the tank, my Royal Gramma has been out a lot. The Foxface lures the royal out of his rock and then blocks his entrance so the Royal has gotten use to swimming about lol. Awesome to watch The Foxface lets him back in after he has got his exercise. 

I’ve been entertaining the idea of a Foxface in mine, but I think I’m set on a Two Spot Bristletooth Tang. I’m just waiting on the tank to settle a little since I went from 2 fish to 6.  

• Like 1