Innovative Marine Aquariums

Red Sea Reefer 350 Build

hedgeclipper2

16 minutes ago, hedgeclipper2 said:

So mine sits right behind the couch, current stand is black.  I just feel like the white would help brighten up the space

IMG_0415.thumb.jpeg.5eb1d0d5f489cb0851bce631917786f2.jpeg

Agreed white would be perfect in that space.. nice looking kitchen too

hedgeclipper2
2 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

The black.matches your kitchen and other furnitures though....

My phone takes such dark pictures with the aquarium lights on.  All my furniture is dark brown (soon to change I hope, would like maybe some gray/brown tweed or something).

30 minutes ago, hedgeclipper2 said:

So mine sits right behind the couch, current stand is black.  I just feel like the white would help brighten up the space

IMG_0415.thumb.jpeg.5eb1d0d5f489cb0851bce631917786f2.jpeg

I dont think you can make a wrong choice on the stand. Cabinets and furniture go with black however I would still go white to contrast your are rug baseboards plus you already have the white primes!

hedgeclipper2
15 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Agreed white would be perfect in that space.. nice looking kitchen too

Thanks!  It was NOT nice when we bought the house 3 years ago, light oak cabinets, dirty white formica and hunter green tile backsplash, and it was painted Mauve....

hedgeclipper2

So I still haven't ordered the RSR 350 yet, and I MAY be considering the 425 XL now...  However, got some good FTS of my current set ups:

IM Nuvo 30L

IMG_0487.thumb.jpeg.aacaba6c74f348cd2c9cd0d1fe194dbe.jpeg

IMG_0488.thumb.jpeg.1ad8ce13a01ae9910db7214cd30a720a.jpeg

JBJ Rimless 10g:

IMG_0491.thumb.jpeg.d96f78028a9420f6f10791d7e5e7f29e.jpeg

IMG_0492.thumb.jpeg.66c9dbdd56c490d173bd6b2f9c2bc8ae.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
hedgeclipper2

Finally got the Reefer 350 and it is up and running now

Livestock is only a Clown, Blue/Green Chromis and a very curious Midas Blenny, looking for suggestions for more fishy friends, thanks!

IMG_0762.thumb.jpeg.ade3c6f561c7b19d89b01ce3e53f9794.jpeg

IMG_0763.thumb.jpeg.7f9930aa05b0943aa9abe1791f1d7d1a.jpeg

IMG_0773.thumb.jpeg.0e745d9c2f896fad141f96e3eb6ce5cb.jpeg

• Like 1
hedgeclipper2
51 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

woah, is that the new upgraded sump for the 350???  looks so much better than mine

Yep, v3 version.  So far I like it. Only thing I don't like is that the return pump is in the far back corner, makes it kind of hard to get to/see.  Have to slide the ATO reservoir to the left to get to it.

Man. I want that sump! Does Redsea sell that sump separately? My tank is only 6 months old and I did not get that sump 😞 What do you have replacing 1 of your socks? You should also start a tank build thread for your tank would love to follow along.  

hedgeclipper2
1 hour ago, Cutter79 said:

Man. I want that sump! Does Redsea sell that sump separately? My tank is only 6 months old and I did not get that sump 😞 What do you have replacing 1 of your socks? You should also start a tank build thread for your tank would love to follow along.  

I am not sure if they sell those separately, quick call to them should tell you.

The new V3 sumps come with 1 filter sock and 1 filter cup now.

• Like 1

Do you have a pic of the return cover? I was looking at mine this morning to add a third light but it doesn't look like there will be enough room for the AI bracket even with the tab removed. 

hedgeclipper2

Got some pictures during feeding time today, along with some photos of a few new additions

Got 2 Banggai Cardinal's (supposed to be a bonded pair - we shall see) from LiveAquaria

Got a beautiful Aussie Elegance Coral from Diver's Den at LA as well

Moved over my Royal Gramma from my 20 gal IM Panorama, now the Bicolor Blenny has that whole tank to himself and he is loving it!

I am at 6 fish in the Reefer 350 now, still wanting a Two Spot Bristletooth Tang to finish off the stocking, but I will wait for the tank to adjust to the new Cardinals and addition of the Royal Gramma

Now for photos!

IMG_0817.jpeg

IMG_0821.jpeg

IMG_0831.jpeg

IMG_0794.jpeg

• Like 1
hedgeclipper2
2 hours ago, Cutter79 said:

Do you have a pic of the return cover? I was looking at mine this morning to add a third light but it doesn't look like there will be enough room for the AI bracket even with the tab removed. 

Here you go, so what I had to do was just switch the orientation of the bracket, so I had to leave enough space behind the tank in between the wall to get to the screw.  The other two lights are orientated the normal way with the screw facing into the tank.  This actually makes it quite nice, because it moves the light in the center of the tank more forward so it is centered more evenly between the front glass and the overflow box, while the other two lights are centered evenly between the back glass and the front glass.  In my mind that makes for better light spread, maybe I am just reef-crazy?

SOMEDAY I am thinking about upgrading to the Kessil AP700 though

IMG_0832.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hedgeclipper2 said:

Here you go, so what I had to do was just switch the orientation of the bracket, so I had to leave enough space behind the tank in between the wall to get to the screw.  The other two lights are orientated the normal way with the screw facing into the tank.  This actually makes it quite nice, because it moves the light in the center of the tank more forward so it is centered more evenly between the front glass and the overflow box, while the other two lights are centered evenly between the back glass and the front glass.  In my mind that makes for better light spread, maybe I am just reef-crazy?

SOMEDAY I am thinking about upgrading to the Kessil AP700 though

IMG_0832.jpeg

Awesome! Thank you for sharing, just saved me some frustration lol.  Tank looks great! Happy you got your Elegance Coral! I looked into the Kessil AP700 after reading through Ninjas reef build. They go for $1100.00 up here and that was out of my budget when I started my build. I might actually go that direction in spring and move a prime to the fuge and save the other for a possible future nano tank. 

hedgeclipper2
16 minutes ago, Cutter79 said:

Awesome! Thank you for sharing, just saved me some frustration lol.  Tank looks great! Happy you got your Elegance Coral! I looked into the Kessil AP700 after reading through Ninjas reef build. They go for $1100.00 up here and that was out of my budget when I started my build. I might actually go that direction in spring and move a prime to the fuge and save the other for a possible future nano tank. 

Yeah I have been trying to keep my eye out for a used one, but they go so fast!  I would probably sell 2 of my Prime's and keep one for my 20 gal tank that is currently lit with a Kessil A80, which is fine, but not amazing.

hedgeclipper2
48 minutes ago, alpinestar said:

Awesome tank, that midas looks radical under that spec! Almost fluorescent.

Thanks!  He is quite photogenic, he even eats directly from my hand!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
hedgeclipper2
16 hours ago, Cutter79 said:

Did you remove the notched part of your overflow cover by hand or did you cut it out? I will be installing my 3rd prime this weekend. Thanks

Sorry just seeing this. I just snapped off the part that was already "scored" by Red Sea.  Looks like you already cut yours and it looks good!

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, hedgeclipper2 said:

Sorry just seeing this. I just snapped off the part that was already "scored" by Red Sea.  Looks like you already cut yours and it looks good!

All good. Thank you. Now on to a controller of a manifold.