HarryPotter

Potter's "Engorgio!" 300ml micro-reef

Repost to new page: The big momma nem from cultivated reef split twice, so now there are three! 

Momma:

8xLdZF8.jpg

Medium split

pfRQ9nR.jpg

Small split:

EjbXbCk.jpg

Because I have two pairs of clowns in here, I spread out the anemones so that *hopefully* the clowns dont fight. The center and left ones are isolated on their own rock, the rightmost one is on the main structure. 

15SbPsC.jpg

• Like 6

Three for the price of one!

(I've never had nems split before. Must need to poke them more)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/12/2018 at 11:08 AM, specore said:

Do you pump the new water in from a different room?

0 tds! 

I used to use resin till output was 7tds or so. But now that my dad pays for resin, I can swap when I read 1 LOL. Also, I am using prepackaged DI in canisters for $14  rather than the BRS stuff for $12. Makes life so much easier. No DI pellets everywhere....

Crazy how small that 40g trash can looks! I’m tempted to get a 100g trash can. Since cost of salt isn’t on me, bigger water changes would just improve the water quality more 🤔. @markalot Im using Fritz RPM, which has the same alk of this tank. If salt was free, would you do larger water changes? Like 30%, so 100 gallons.  Wouldn't take any longer if I got a stronger pump/larger diameter tubing. 

LNXlEXS.jpg

And a little video update. Still learning the lights and cautiously adjusting em, things are a bit brown at the moment. Happy, but dark 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Wow 2

Went to GotCorals to return their par meter, and came home with some m&ms! 

Placed around the base base of a column so they can move left and right without being able to leave and sting anything. 

vrrryL6.jpg

M8i643m.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow 2

Damn Harry....our buttons are already obsolete.  Did you realize Apex Fusion now has Alexa control?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, specore said:

Damn Harry....our buttons are already obsolete.  Did you realize Apex Fusion now has Alexa control?

Thats been out for a while now! I personally don’t like voice control as much as the button. Voice control had a long delay when I tried it, like 10 seconds+. Plus is dependent on internet connection. The market for buttons is still pretty darn good! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Thats been out for a while now! I personally don’t like voice control as much as the button. Voice control had a long delay when I tried it, like 10 seconds+. Plus is dependent on internet connection. The market for buttons is still pretty darn good! 

That's strange. Mine has no delay at all

1 hour ago, specore said:

That's strange. Mine has no delay at all

Might just be the god-awful wifi in my old home. Cinderblock®® interior walls.... It a PITA. 

• Like 1

Ordered more or less 1 of everything from @Marine Depots frozen food inventory. Locally I can just get Mysis cubes, and then the Nori from amazon. 

The fish should be happy 🙂 

OM1B6L5.png

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Ordered more or less 1 of everything from @Marine Depots frozen food inventory

Thanks for shopping, brother! Your fish are definitely going to be happy! It is almost Thanksgiving, after all. A feast will soon be in order!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Marine Depot said:

Thanks for shopping, brother! Your fish are definitely going to be happy! It is almost Thanksgiving, after all. A feast will soon be in order!

Haha exactly, turkey for us and shrimp for them! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

LOL, thanks @HarryPotter I am a Rod's Food Fan myself.  I like that it has a variety of ingredients and I don't feel like I am torturing my fish with the same boring food all the time.  They get frozen in the mornings and a random mix of flakes and pellets throughout the rest of the day.  #Fatfisharehappyfish

• Like 2

I may have put in too much of the devils lettuce.... LOL! 

On a a side note: it’s kind of crazy how I have 5 healthy tangs in here. I was worried it would go downhill, like my prior experiences with fish, but this seems super stable! 

Liutenant grabbing a bite:

i15nzau.jpg

Three hungry dudes 

mlCVe0V.jpg

• Like 4

Diffusers on- was kind of challenging to do without taking the fixture down. 

jdrc9Vy.jpg

nZaaNVJ.jpg

• Like 6

So here's the haul:

6x random zoa frags

xpNwnca.jpg

2 ricordia frags, Aequituberculata, bicolor hammer, two fully encrusted megachrome montipora (might steal one for my reefer 😉 ), sunfire grafted cap, pink Millipora, unknown green acro  

UXwHP8X.jpg

Waly Disney, PC rainbow, Tyree pink lemonade. 

OyREs9B.jpg

Not pictured (whoops): Blue chunker acro, yellow twist. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

I didn’t like the sockholders, because they are at the same water level as the sump, so water would just overflow. I added the blue baffles with filter cups, then printed a shallow filter cup. Kind of like the 3d printed shallower ones, super easy to take floss out. 

CHPDGul.jpg

• Like 3

Here’s an update on new rock scape and corals. Using a cool camera stabilization thingy, let me know if you can see a difference.

Also, got some goodies from Marine Depot. Three matching high flow filter cups, and then two mesh socks that I am using as bubble traps/prefilters. 

s76J5WW.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/18/2018 at 6:10 PM, Marine Depot said:

Can't go wrong with them.

Harry, when I get down there we're gonna have to get together and go out collecting with my friends on Big Pine Key for those RFAs.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Can't go wrong with them.

Harry, when I get down there we're gonna have to get together and go out collecting with my friends on Big Pine Key for those RFAs.

Hell yeah! Make a RFA-only tank! 

• Like 2

Tried a gravel vac for the first time. Worked well; the WC water was pretty opaque. I think it is mainly pulling out the tiny sand particles. 

• Like 2

I made 19 small rainbow montipora frags (on frag plugs) from the colonies in my reefer, and put them onto a rack in the 300. In my tank, it is mostly purple and green. In the 300, they get crazy red polyps. So hopefully in a month or two I’ll have some a ton of nicely encrusted frags to sell/swap/etc.

The sweet thing was that all the frags I took were from growth that was behind my rocks and columns- the front view didn’t change.

THDzglE.jpg

• Like 6