SaltCritters.com

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *! New SPS🤞🤞🤙 *🍻

FISHnChix

34 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Lol stupid what a plain ole yellow tank goes for now.  Supply and demand I guess.. 🤨🙃.

What else is new buddy? Long time no talk.. all settled into the new house yet?

Yea not sure if he is gunna make it . Was kinda acting weird after I got it yesterday and just swiming up top . Then today he has been laying on the sand up against the rocks. But kinda weird he will come out for an hour or so and swim around like nothings wrong🤔

Hmmm..... I've seen some puffers lay on the sand.  I have the Mimic Saddle Puffer ..... He's a filefish.  Always hovering about and bites on to the gorg at night to sleep.  

Not sure on yours ...... hopefully he's fine.  

Is he eating?

FISHnChix
13 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Hmmm..... I've seen some puffers lay on the sand.  I have the Mimic Saddle Puffer ..... He's a filefish.  Always hovering about and bites on to the gorg at night to sleep.  

Not sure on yours ...... hopefully he's fine.  

Is he eating?

Yesterday he did not today. Swam all around once I fed ththw tank but ignored it. Not a good sign for a puffer imo.. oh well see what happens.  Got him for 20 bucks at least 🙃...

Might take ya up on some softies too.. prob be in your area soon. Mom just sold her home here and closed on a condo in channels harbor there in the back off woolley so I'm sure to be down there hanging fans or some other BS she needs helps with.  Have a feeling shes gunna pull all I want for mothers day is..... work😧

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • 7 months later...

Well I still have a tank.. kind of haha 😄.  Haven't done a water change in 8 months and top off with tap water.  Pretty much everything died before the switch to tap water but after 2 months of no water changes.  Just got super lazy and with the cost of coral just not into it. But also still too lazy to take it down and sell it. Hopefully soon but I dunno maybe try some softies 

20211219_162308.jpg

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

Well I still have a tank.. kind of haha 😄.  Haven't done a water change in 8 months and top off with tap water.  Pretty much everything died before the switch to tap water but after 2 months of no water changes.  Just got super lazy and with the cost of coral just not into it. But also still too lazy to take it down and sell it. Hopefully soon but I dunno maybe try some softies 

20211219_162308.jpg

just do some more fun mushrooms....(the coral kind, not the hallucinogen kind).  glad to see the tank still going, but totally understand if you're no longer into it.

i'm feeling rather "meh" about my tank atm.  it'd been taking its sweet time coming around, I think I finally see some acro growth again - finally!  they were just hanging there for the past 8 months, lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

20211219_162308.jpg

It still looks nice... I am pulling out some of my LPS and SPS because I am about to neglect the tank for awhile... maybe a long while. So I am going softy tank. I figure... pull the shit out now before I kill it lol 

I am sure you have seen Mike C's tank?

• Like 4
5 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

20211219_162308.jpg

Go softies - looks great, do nothing. 

• Like 6
7 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

20211219_162308.jpg

That tank looks ace to me mate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

i'm feeling rather "meh" about my tank atm

Yea I get that. New tanks are the worst. I'm sure you will get those sticks to take off soon enough

19 hours ago, Tamberav said:

It still looks nice... I am pulling out some of my LPS and SPS because I am about to neglect the tank for awhile... maybe a long while. So I am going softy tank. I figure... pull the shit out now before I kill it lol 

I am sure you have seen Mike C's tank?

Oh no really!! Your tank is simply amazing but I get it . Lot of work. 

18 hours ago, jack1978 said:

Go softies - looks great, do nothing. 

Yea thing is we have one shit lfs and they NEVER have softies.  We'll some shrooms here and there

• Like 2
1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

Yea thing is we have one shit lfs and they NEVER have softies.  We'll some shrooms here and there

Order online time? That’s where my more unusual ones are coming from. 

Good places to get soft corals from:

Marine Farmers

Cultivated Reef

AquaCorals

Tidal Gardens

• Like 3
  • 2 years later...