Coral Vue Hydros

LITTLE BLUE| IM30L (picking up pieces after the crush)

A Little Blue

A Little Blue

Arriving soon:

Dont wanna know what they’re stirring in that beaker glass😷

57D2063B-5B6D-4DC1-A919-3CEDEECE4F8D.thumb.jpeg.a0a425d1998c306c47cd16047344b575.jpeg

My Chinese feeding ring is leaching some crap so I’ll try 2 Little Fishies. 

8D263CC4-55EC-4B29-8068-A3A4C4C0EEBA.jpeg.a9841ed68ad4cd374af488ce80fb3854.jpeg

More crap coming but it’s top secret at this point. 

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
18 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Arriving soon:

Dont wanna know what they’re stirring in that beaker glass😷

57D2063B-5B6D-4DC1-A919-3CEDEECE4F8D.thumb.jpeg.a0a425d1998c306c47cd16047344b575.jpeg

My Chinese feeding ring is leaching some crap so I’ll try 2 Little Fishies. 

8D263CC4-55EC-4B29-8068-A3A4C4C0EEBA.jpeg.a9841ed68ad4cd374af488ce80fb3854.jpeg

More crap coming but it’s top secret at this point. 

What is that feeding thing you have??? Is that for nori?

A Little Blue
15 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

What is that feeding thing you have??? Is that for nori?

No, just regular float ring for pellets. Chinese ring has some sort of sponge to keep it afloat and it’s leaching some crap (I think).  Besides, this one mounts via magnet, Chinese is plain suction cap. 

I’ve used it strictly for vaca time and such but I want to feed less and more often. At least for now. 

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
15 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

No, just regular float ring for pellets. Chinese ring has some sort of sponge to keep it afloat and it’s leaching some crap (I think).  Besides, this one mounts via magnet, Chinese is plain suction cap. 

I’ve used it strictly for vaca time and such but I want to feed less and more often. At least for now. 

ahhhh, that's cool

• Like 1
6 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

40gal is the minimum tank size recommendations for Melanurus and they do best with sand substrate. 

No substrate/30gal tank might kill this guy...... or he might be perfectly fine, I don’t know. 

We will see. 

I think they do okay without sand...people use them in BB frag tanks....they sleep in rocks when no sand around...it's leopards that kill themselves without sand like a spaz.

I sold my sixline so I can pick up a yellow coris juvi for my BB 22g. GASP!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

I’m telling you, ppl will analyze every pic you post and find some embarrassing things to blackmail you with. 😉

Animals!!!!!

I had to see what the competition was bringing home. That filter....🔍

• Like 1
A Little Blue
1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

I think they do okay without sand...people use them in BB frag tanks....they sleep in rocks when no sand around...it's leopards that kill themselves without sand like a spaz.

I sold my sixline so I can pick up a yellow coris juvi for my BB 22g. GASP!

Yellow Coris? They grow to well over 4” don’t they? 

And yeah, the place I bought it from had him in BB tank that is close to my tank volume (minus their enormous sump). 

1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

I had to see what the competition was bringing home. That filter....🔍

It’s part of deception tactic. 

I have something ridiculous up my sleeve. 

At least I haven’t seen anyone that nuts who implemented such a goof design. 😈

It will shock even if it doesn’t work. Lmao

58 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Yellow Coris? They grow to well over 4” don’t they? 

And yeah, the place I bought it from had him in BB tank that is close to my tank volume (minus their enormous sump). 

It’s part of deception tactic. 

I have something ridiculous up my sleeve. 

At least I haven’t seen anyone that nuts who implemented such a goof design. 😈

It will shock even if it doesn’t work. Lmao

I had a juvi for awhile in a 40B, grew slow as hell. My tanks are all coming down in 2 years when I move so I only plan for the short term tbh. 

I had a huge Melanurus years ago too but he was a super male and a BEAST... bigger than the 4.5 inches LA lists them, I bought him that way though so he got that big in the ocean not a tank. I was leaning towards a yellow since the juvi's are still bright vs the Melanurus which is more dullish as a juvi. 

I don't think you will have any issues with the fish. Not too long ago, I was trying to convince @NanoRox to make a natural looking wrasse den to put sand in and he said he was looking into it. This would open up leopards for BB without ugly tupperware. 

I will be lucky if my 2.5g makes it to the end of the contest lol I have too many projects. 

• Like 1
A Little Blue
51 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I had a juvi for awhile in a 40B, grew slow as hell. My tanks are all coming down in 2 years when I move so I only plan for the short term tbh. 

I had a huge Melanurus years ago too but he was a super male and a BEAST... bigger than the 4.5 inches LA lists them, I bought him that way though so he got that big in the ocean not a tank. I was leaning towards a yellow since the juvi's are still bright vs the Melanurus which is more dullish as a juvi. 

I don't think you will have any issues with the fish. Not too long ago, I was trying to convince @NanoRox to make a natural looking wrasse den to put sand in and he said he was looking into it. This would open up leopards for BB without ugly tupperware. 

I will be lucky if my 2.5g makes it to the end of the contest lol I have too many projects. 

Yeah, I believe 4.5” is as big as they get. 

Most coral vendors (they all run BB on frag/grow-out tanks) use them so I know for a fact that BB wasn’t the issue. But I was(am) a bit, ...... a lot concerned as far as my tank size vs his need for room to swim. There will be a bigger tank in the near future and a good news is, he survived the first 24hrs and is eating. 👍

And to be honest, I always wanted juvi YC. And almost bought one since you can get them like an 1”-1.5” small. Not sure if they get them that small off the reefs? Are they aquacultured? 

As to the contest..... just have fun, break some balls and bribe the judges to secure the win. 😉

Can’t spill any beans on the build since my nemesis are watching my every move. 🤣🤣🤣

But in all seriousness, it’s going to be wild. 🤪

I don't think they have been aquacultured yet but damn they cute when so small. 

I am sure if you gave him a 100g tank, he would use it all. Mine would grab snails and bash them on the rocks to eat em. 😮

I more worry when I see beginners buy inappropriate fish when just starting up the tank or those people that buy them and say "I am planning an upgrade" and in another post they talk about limited funds... then keep buying wildly inappropriate fish... if your funds are so limited you can't afford a powerhead or RODI, how the hell you going to set up some huge planned upgrade? :blink:

If the guy with the Apex and Radion says he's planning on an upgrade, I ain't worried about it lol

How you like the nero 5? I am thinking about getting one for my 22g at some point. 

• Like 1
A Little Blue
On 3/14/2019 at 3:47 PM, Tamberav said:

I don't think they have been aquacultured yet but damn they cute when so small. 

I am sure if you gave him a 100g tank, he would use it all. Mine would grab snails and bash them on the rocks to eat em. 😮

I more worry when I see beginners buy inappropriate fish when just starting up the tank or those people that buy them and say "I am planning an upgrade" and in another post they talk about limited funds... then keep buying wildly inappropriate fish... if your funds are so limited you can't afford a powerhead or RODI, how the hell you going to set up some huge planned upgrade? :blink:

If the guy with the Apex and Radion says he's planning on an upgrade, I ain't worried about it lol

How you like the nero 5? I am thinking about getting one for my 22g at some point. 

Lmao Soooo true. And yes, it will cost some serious $$$ but I rather save up for a bit longer and get it right. I was thinking about something between 80-125 for my leaving room but there is a plan for larger basement system for frags/grow out tank. Probably going “used” route on that project. 

Nero is the beast. Love it and so will you. 

I’ve been on MPs bandwagon for a long time but after few bad experiences I want nothing to do with that brand (except return pumps. Those look OK from what I can tell). 

Here is a short vid of blue reef’ new occupant, some GHA, frags that were bought by different name but after few months turned to be exactly the same crap, update shots of new additions and corals that got a 2nd chance in life. Enjoy🤗

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE3ODc2NTI2NDg3MzE5NjU1/?utm_source=ig_story_highlights_share&igshid=mjflvdw15f0r

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Nero it is then... only thing I am waiting for is I am wondering if they are planning an upgrade cuz they have been on 'sale' for awhile and that usually means some sort of new change. 

Your wrasse is swimming in the corner saying where the fk is the is the rest of the tank. Nice video, I am way too lazy to do those.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
17 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Lmao Soooo true. And yes, it will cost some serious $$$ but I rather save up for a bit longer and get it right. I was thinking about something between 80-125 for my leaving room but there is a plan for larger basement system for frags/grow out tank. Probably going “used” route on that project. 

Nero is the beast. Love it and so will you. 

I’ve been on MPs bandwagon for a long time but after few bad experiences I want nothing to do with that brand (except return pumps. Those look OK from what I can tell). 

Here is a short vid of blue reef’ new occupant, some GHA, frags that were bought by different name but after few months turned to be exactly the same crap, update shots of new additions and corals that got a 2nd chance in life. Enjoy🤗

Damn!! Looks really good man. I love the fish, cool as hell:smilie:

• Thanks 1
A Little Blue
1 minute ago, Tamberav said:

Nero it is then... only thing I am waiting for is I am wondering if they are planning an upgrade cuz they have been on 'sale' for awhile and that usually means some sort of new change. 

You mean software wise? I don’t think so since any new updates can be updated via app that controls the pump. If you mean new model, than yes, it is a possibility. I would expect them to come out with something below Nero5, like nano version and a beast for larger tanks. That would be awesome alternative for a lot of folks. 

A Little Blue
6 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Damn!! Looks really good man. I love the fish, cool as hell:smilie:

Thanks mate. Love this new fish. Super hyper personality. Still getting used to new surroundings but he seems OK so far. Fingers crossed. 

Given that I had no means to quarantine (Frag tank too small) and took a chance based strictly on appearance, it has been trouble free. But I have watched this guy in my LFS for over a month on few occasions so I knew he was in good shape. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, A Little Blue said:

Thanks mate. Love this new fish. Super hyper personality. Still getting used to new surroundings but he seems OK so far. Fingers crossed. 

Given that I had no means to quarantine (Frag tank too small) and took a chance based strictly on appearance, it has been trouble free. But I have watched this guy in my LFS for over a month on few occasions so I knew he was in good shape. 

Yeah that's what ive done as well. I always try to get a fish that's been there for a while. Granted, I only bought the clownfish from the store, the blenny I got from divers den. Fingers crossed for ya! I hope he takes care of the pests for you.

• Like 1
A Little Blue
1 minute ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Yeah that's what ive done as well. I always try to get a fish that's been there for a while. Granted, I only bought the clownfish from the store, the blenny I got from divers den. Fingers crossed for ya! I hope he takes care of the pests for you.

I have good experience with Diver’s Den. The only place I would buy fish from online. Clowns are hard as sh&t after weeks of dark chocolate diet. You have to be doing something really wrong or get Clown with AIDS to have it die in your tank. I leave my other pair of clowns on their own for weeks at the time and they manage just fine. Keep in mind that I do absolutely nothing to maintain that frag tank. Everything is alive in there so....🤗

As far as pests are concern well, I really don’t have any other than vemetid snails that are really pissing me off. I had few unknown nudis some time ago. Was afraid that they were monti eating sh@ts but I took care of that in no time. I’m sure he will find something to do. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

I have good experience with Diver’s Den. The only place I would buy fish from online. Clowns are hard as sh&t after weeks of dark chocolate diet. You have to be doing something really wrong or get Clown with AIDS to have it die in your tank. I leave my other pair of clowns on their own for weeks at the time and they manage just fine. Keep in mind that I do absolutely nothing to maintain that frag tank. Everything is alive in there so....🤗

As far as pests are concern well, I really don’t have any other than vemetid snails that are really pissing me off. I had few unknown nudis some time ago. Was afraid that they were monti eating sh@ts but I took care of that in no time. I’m sure he will find something to do. 

Yeah they are hardy little shits huh lol. I'm gonna do all small fish in the 75. I wanna have different blennys and whatnot. Vemetid snails is one thing I hope I never get. I hear those things suck so bad and nothing eats them I guess. Are you concerned about aggression with the new arrival?

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

You mean software wise? I don’t think so since any new updates can be updated via app that controls the pump. If you mean new model, than yes, it is a possibility. I would expect them to come out with something below Nero5, like nano version and a beast for larger tanks. That would be awesome alternative for a lot of folks. 

Nah the magnet doesn't work up to as thick as glass as they advertise. This has lead to issues with larger tanks and saw a bunch of reef2reef people selling them since it won't work on the large tanks. This is no biggy for a nano but effects resale value and limits possible upgrading so I'm waiting to see if they fix it. Thinking the permanent 50 off may be to dump stock before a new version. 

• Like 1
A Little Blue

Yeah they are hardy little shits huh lol. I'm gonna do all small fish in the 75. I wanna have different blennys and whatnot. Vemetid snails is one thing I hope I never get. I hear those things suck so bad and nothing eats them I guess. Are you concerned about aggression with the new arrival?

You mean Melanurus Wrasse? No. He is chilled. Clowns wanted to play a little “me casa” GTFO of here but that did not last long. Surprisingly, shy deep water Chromis (a little punk most days) put up a little dance show, flashing new wrasse with his tail fin and backing up towards him as if he was equal. 

75 is nice size tank with a little more room and a lot more options. Vermedits are very common. No real issue if you keep those f@&$ers at bay. But let them be and they will spread like wildfire. Some Triggers supposedly eat that crap but who has got the tank big enough to keep those beasts. 

Also, don’t forget working fish for algae/pest control. You will thank me later. 😉

• Like 1
A Little Blue
3 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Nah the magnet doesn't work up to as thick as glass as they say. This has lead to issues with larger tanks and saw a bunch of reef2reef people selling them since it won't work on the large tanks. This is no biggy for a nano but effects resale value and limits possible upgrading so I'm waiting to see if they fix it. Thinking the permanent 50 off may be to dump stock before a new version. 

I doubt it will plummet their sales (but I have seen one retailer offering $50off). In fact, at 1/2, I would like to get at least one more. Lol

As far as magnet is concern,I really can’t say. My glass is relatively thin in comparison to big boys. But as any reputable company out there, I’m sure they will rectify the problem. 

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

You mean Melanurus Wrasse? No. He is chilled. Clowns wanted to play a little “me casa” GTFO of here but that did not last long. Surprisingly, shy deep water Chromis (a little punk most days) put up a little dance show, flashing new wrasse with his tail fin and backing up towards him as if he was equal. 

75 is nice size tank with a little more room and a lot more options. Vermedits are very common. No real issue if you keep those f@&$ers at bay. But let them be and they will spread like wildfire. Some Triggers supposedly eat that crap but who has got the tank big enough to keep those beasts. 

Also, don’t forget working fish for algae/pest control. You will thank me later. 😉

Nice glad he's a chill fish. I'm used to my cichlids which are little assholes. I have to get rid of the cichlids first and I've been dragging my feet cause I think of them as family so it's kinda hard. When I knew I wanted to change the 75 to a reef I was like "yeah this will be awesome, I can get some good sized fish." Well it changed to I can get a whole lot of small fish and that would make the tank look huge lol.

I have a lawnmower blenny that isn't eating any of my algae, in fact he's not looking so hot right now and I'm really bummed. He's skinny at the moment. I'm hoping I can get him to eat tonight, I have frozen food soaking in garlic guard in hopes to get him to finally eat like a pig. That's a long store for a different day, but I'm hoping he can last cause he's a really awesome fish.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

I doubt it will plummet their sales (but I have seen one retailer offering $50off). In fact, at 1/2, I would like to get at least one more. Lol

As far as magnet is concern,I really can’t say. My glass is relatively thin in comparison to big boys. But as any reputable company out there, I’m sure they will rectify the problem. 

Ya hopefully...they basically brushed everyone off it sounds like so far. This is the issue I am waiting to get resolved but this pump is def on the wish list.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/problems-with-new-nero-5-pumps.531980/

• Like 2
A Little Blue

Nice glad he's a chill fish. I'm used to my cichlids which are little assholes. I have to get rid of the cichlids first and I've been dragging my feet cause I think of them as family so it's kinda hard. When I knew I wanted to change the 75 to a reef I was like "yeah this will be awesome, I can get some good sized fish." Well it changed to I can get a whole lot of small fish and that would make the tank look huge lol.

I have a lawnmower blenny that isn't eating any of my algae, in fact he's not looking so hot right now and I'm really bummed. He's skinny at the moment. I'm hoping I can get him to eat tonight, I have frozen food soaking in garlic guard in hopes to get him to finally eat like a pig. That's a long store for a different day, but I'm hoping he can last cause he's a really awesome fish.

Sorry about your lawnmower. That fish has a lot of personality but it needs to eat and eat like a pig. So it doesn’t eat dry nori or other alternatives? 

There is a bunch of fish that you could have in that 75. Cichlids were in my first two 55s. Oscars (they end up in my LFS as they couldn’t turn in that 55 lol) and Africans in the other tank. That was like 25 years ago. 🤫

• Like 1
A Little Blue
8 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Ya hopefully...they basically brushed everyone off it sounds like so far. This is the issue I am waiting to get resolved but this pump is def on the wish list.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/problems-with-new-nero-5-pumps.531980/

I went thru entire thread and it sure sounds like some ppl are having problems. And at this price point they have a right to be concern and a little pissed. Hope AI solves this issue quick and restores customer confidence. The “fix” should be super easy. However, I do know how expensive those rare earth magnets can get. $50 they offer is probably the cost of the fix to be quite honest. 

• Like 1