Pod Your Reef

Lula Mae's "Make a Wish" IM 14 peninsula--tank came down today. RIP

Lula_Mae

43 minutes ago, seabass said:

Sweet!  I'm glad you went larger than 10 gallons.  I think that will work out well for you.

Thanks, me too.  This is my first AIO and the nicest tank I've ever owned lol.  I think the smaller footprint will help it feel a little smaller and I've got an idea in mind for where and how I want to position it that I think will work out nicely.  I also will be able to combine the 5.5 (and hopefully the jar's contents if I ever beat the dinos) into it and started taking the 5.5 down last night so there will be less to do when it's time to set up the IM14.  I may keep a little pico on my desk, though, because I love having something to look at while I work!

• Like 3

Also just ordered a media basket from InTank!  They had a 5% off coupon and free shipping so I went for it lol.  Hopefully it will make my water wetter. :lol:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Also just ordered a media basket from InTank!  They had a 5% off coupon and free shipping so I went for it lol.  Hopefully it will make my water wetter. :lol:

“Make water wetter”???   Does that mean something cost money?  Like is it greener?

• Haha 4
3 hours ago, Subsea said:

“Make water wetter”???   Does that mean something cost money?  Like is it greener?

3 hours ago, seabass said:

According to StevieT, ChemiPure makes your water wetter, and can even cure cancer.

Yeah, I missed the origin of the joke but it's been kind of a running joke about making water wetter.  :lol:

• Haha 2

Get with the times old man. 

3 hours ago, seabass said:

According to StevieT, ChemiPure makes your water wetter, and can even cure cancer.

Pretty sure it’s using the media baskets to hold other stuff. Unless @StevieT invented chemipure. If that’s the case, way to go StevieT!

12 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Yeah, I missed the origin of the joke but it's been kind of a running joke about making water wetter.  :lol:

Hey man, those things work. My water is so wet right now. 

52 minutes ago, Subsea said:

@1891Bro

I am with the time that I want to be.  Soloman said of the times, “There is nothing new under the sun”.

Soloman said that before iPhones and interwebs and heart transplants. Guy was missing out. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Soloman said that before iPhones and interwebs and heart transplants. Guy was missing out. 

Solomon lived to be 120 and had over 100 wives.  I think he missed out on nothing.

PSS:  I just did google it.  He had a 1000 wives and he lived to 60.  

3 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

And reef tanks. :lol:

• Like 1

Solomon lived to be 120 and had over 100 wives.  I think he missed out on nothing.

PSS:  I just did google it.  He had a 1000 wives and he lived to 60.  

He might’ve lived longer without so many women. And I’m not sure those accounts are historically accurate. Thems just bible sci-fi. 

24 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

And reef tanks. :lol:

True dat!

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

He might’ve lived longer without so many women. And I’m not sure those accounts are historically accurate. Thems just bible sci-fi. 

True dat!

Nothing sci-fi about the Bible.  There is plenty of historical data, not in the Bible, that substantiates the person of Solomon.  Just google it

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Subsea said:

Nothing sci-fi about the Bible.  There is plenty of historical data, not in the Bible, that substantiates the person of Solomon.  Just google it

lol. Not even I’m dumb enough to take that bait. 

On 6/1/2018 at 3:00 PM, seabass said:

I meant Steve Tyree once.  

He was involved with a long thread on RC about cryptic zone filtration in which I learned some details on cryptic sponge biochemistry and in fact bought his ebook on that subject.  While I did not completely embrace all of his methods, I found much science to support the interdependence of bacteria, algae, coral and sponges for a dynamic ecosystem that recycles nutrients.  There is ongoing cancer research with using sea slugs and some of the  palytoxin from zooanthads.  Water Wetter sounds like good marketing.  In fact, when I googled “wetter water” I got a water enhanced heat transfer product.  Go figure.

Tank is here! Didn't get a chance to unpack it as I'm working tonight, but hopefully tomorrow. Box looks a little beat up so hopefully it's ok. InTank basket arrived yesterday and it's very nice looking! If I have time tomorrow,  I will probably try to do a leak test as well. 

• Like 2
On 5/31/2018 at 11:04 PM, Lula_Mae said:

It's on its way!!!

image.png.f758b8dcc39af404d9f087fdc63a1bab.png

omgomgomg   :haha:   :scarry:   fingerscrossed   :happydance:   :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Going fancy shmancy huh?  

Can't wait for unboxing photos😋

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Type-H20 said:

Going fancy shmancy huh?  

Can't wait for unboxing photos😋

Lol well I didn't really take them, but leak test is now in progress. And yeah, I'm hoping now that I have a fancy tank, it will stop some of my serial tank swapping lol. It's so pretty!

• Like 5
On 6/6/2018 at 10:14 AM, Lula_Mae said:

Lol well I didn't really take them, but leak test is now in progress. And yeah, I'm hoping now that I have a fancy tank, it will stop some of my serial tank swapping lol. It's so pretty!

One of my local shops had this tank in stock.  It was very hard not pulling the trigger, especially with immediate gratification included in the price.  

Looking forward to to what you do with it.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Type-H20 said:

One of my local shops had this tank in stock.  It was very hard not pulling the trigger, especially with immediate gratification included in the price.  

Looking forward to to what you do with it.

Hopefully more than I did with this tank! :lol: I've grown more algae and cyano than anything else lol. 

• Haha 3
On 6/6/2018 at 10:14 AM, Lula_Mae said:

"My name is Lula_Mae, and I'm a serial tank swapper". Sounds like it could be a TV show :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, teenyreef said:

"My name is Lula_Mae, and I'm a serial tank swapper". Sounds like it could be a TV show :lol:

Soooo embarrassingly true :blush: ...I blame moving too many times too quickly lol. That, and I'm already indecisive! :lol:

• Like 2

Congratulations!!!!  The nuvo 14 is a great tank.  I just love IM tanks.  They are all such nice quality.  The glass ones anyways LOL.  

This is so exciting :happydance:.

• Like 2