Cannedfish

Les Bon Tanks Roule - Updated FTS

On 10/9/2017 at 4:01 PM, Cannedfish said:

Here are a couple shoddy pictures of some acans (I think). The acan echinata is a recent pick up and to my untrained eyes seems to be happy (although this could just be a ploy to lull me into a state of comfort only to quickly die, crash the tank, and dropkick my spirit into the 'Infinite Pit of Despair' (where cable is included, but you only get grainy re-runs of The Real Housewifes & Rock of Love with Brett Michaels... its a grim place).  The second is what I think may/could be an acan lord? I am no expert when it comes to just about anything (apart from maybe my strong personal opinions on futility of the cummerbund in modern society and the general awesomeness of Carhartt overalls and Swims loafers), and acan identification is certainty in my 'not-an-expert' category. Whenever I see acan lords (or what I think are acan lords), however, they don't seem to look like this. When I asked the the lady-friend for her opinion, she shrugged, said it looked like an enflamed b***h**e, and went back to watching the Real Housewifes (valid comment, but no real help). Furthermore, unlike the aforementioned echinata, this coral is out to break hearts; always looking for the first opportunity to shrivel, pout, and get all dramatic. Basically, it's the middle school girl of my tank. 

Either way, feel free to disparage the photographic quality or help confirm the identity of this thing. Just avoid the pit of despair, because unlike fine wine Brett Michael's has not gotten better with age, however, his wig-game is strong (I bet you didn't plan on reading that sentence today). 

IMG_0336.JPG

IMG_0338.JPG

I think your estimations are correct: the top is echinata and the bottom is lord.  Echinata shows great colors, and the Lord is showing hints of green around the edges. 

Great photo quality, clear and bright! Don't short change yourself.   

i would love to be able to take pictures like that but all i have is my iphone....

acans are the best.  i have a bunch of lords and one bowerbanki.  i like feeding them. 

On 10/12/2017 at 9:21 AM, micoastreefing said:

I think your estimations are correct: the top is echinata and the bottom is lord.  Echinata shows great colors, and the Lord is showing hints of green around the edges. 

Great photo quality, clear and bright! Don't short change yourself.   

Thanks for the verification! I'm trying to decide if it's worth going the whole 'acan garden' route or whether there is a better use for that space (like a bubbling treasure chest or awkwardly posed old timey diver (I would name her Kevin)). 

On another note, I'm originally from the tip of the mitt, and could totally go for some fall whether about now... They say New Orleaneans live in the swamp, however, on a day-to-day basis the only swamp is in your pants. 

On 10/12/2017 at 10:28 PM, gone_PHiSHin said:

i would love to be able to take pictures like that but all i have is my iphone....

acans are the best.  i have a bunch of lords and one bowerbanki.  i like feeding them. 

An iPhone is way classier than the burner phone (long story), I'm rockin' at the moment. With a total of three pixels this phone  camera is about as effective as a three-year-old trying to color within the lines. Basically, this camera phone produces pictures that looks like the morning after Crayola decided cheap tequila was a good idea. Luckily the lady like photography...

BTW, feeding LPS(ish) corals is the 5th best thing about this hobby (full list to come later). 

Reason 8, why I love the Disco Biscuit: it is the embodiment of flamboyant gluttony (that is, gluttony with jazzy green wigglers to lure in its tasty snacks). 

IMG_0342.JPG

• Like 1