Cultivated Reef

Are reefers Cliquy?

Pjanssen

3 hours ago, seabass said:

You're too new to remember members like @Kraylen.  Those were the days.  Did you know there's a club for people with more than 15,000 posts?  It's pretty great!

truestory.jpg.5aabad3f458735c7036c14982234a8d3.jpg

:lol: I hope you know that I'm just joking.

#16000+posts

lol I do remember Kraylen... :lol:

• Like 1

I have mixed feelings about having a lot of posts.

Good: I must be a good citizen of the online community fingerscrossed

Bad: almost 10,000 posts means I've missed almost 10,000 opportunities to have a real life in the real world. But the real world kind of sucks so who cares anyway :lol:

• Like 7
1 hour ago, teenyreef said:

I have mixed feelings about having a lot of posts.

Good: I must be a good citizen of the online community fingerscrossed

Bad: almost 10,000 posts means I've missed almost 10,000 opportunities to have a real life in the real world. But the real world kind of sucks so who cares anyway :lol:

So true! ?

I spend a lot of my time on Nano too but I'm fine with that...its great chatting with others about reef keeping. 

• Like 5
15 hours ago, seabass said:

You're too new to remember members like @Kraylen.  Those were the days.  Did you know there's a club for people with more than 15,000 posts?  It's pretty great!

#16000+posts

Oooh, oooh, I remember Kraylen!!

Also, just checked and I have more than 21,000 posts, I'm so freakin' special I can barely contain myself. 

Aw, what the heck.... omgomgomg

• Like 9
Nano sapiens
10 hours ago, teenyreef said:

But the real world kind of sucks so who cares anyway :lol:

Just a few more generations and people won't be interacting with the real world much, if at all.  I can just hear the future sound byte; "Take a safe and comfortable trip into our virtual world and take virtual trips to virtual reefs with virtual perfect weather and enjoy that virtual perfect reef tank...a virtually perfect existence!" :)

• Like 7
mitten_reef
6 minutes ago, Nano sapiens said:

Just a few more generations and people won't be interacting with the real world much, if at all.  I can just hear the future sound byte; "Take a safe and comfortable trip into our virtual world and take virtual trips to virtual reefs with virtual perfect weather and enjoy that virtual perfect reef tank...a virtually perfect existence!" :)

OR..... "Westworld"

• Like 5
19 hours ago, seabass said:

#16000+posts

I've been here a long time and I don't remember Kraylon.  Guess I wasn't "In" back then:(. But now B):lol:

• Like 4
ackattackkk

I have been a member on this site for about 3 years now. I rarely post with work, moving, and life happening but I do get on here to read a lot. Getting ready to set up a 25 gallon lagoon and plan to be more interactive on this site. Actually just purchased a light from someone on this site (kinda sketchy) lol.

I can see where newer members feel like its a clique though. Ill use Lawnman's Lounge as an example. Its on the front page almost everyday and has over 3000 pages. Just skimming and reading through you can tell some of those guys have been Forum Friends for awhile now. When I first started I kinda felt like it was a small family and nobody would let the new guy in but its been the opposite. Anytime I have made a post or commented Ive always had multiple responses from multiple people. Nano-Reef in general is like a small family and everyone is always happy to help. Dont be scared to post or chime in :)

• Like 11

I agree, well said! And don't be afraid to drop in and say "hi" in Lawn's lounge, although everybody there are friends, they're mostly friends because they hang out there. And anybody's welcome to be a new friend :D

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Pjanssen said:

Yep, I always feel welcome in the lounge. I haven't been there in a really long time though-they've probably forgotten me by now.:rolleyes: 

Ha ha, me too. I just don't have time to keep up right now.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Yep, I always feel welcome in the lounge.

Is there even a need to clarify The Makeshift Lounge vs Lawnman's Lounge?  Probably not.  One's a bit more "cliquy" than the other.  Although I feel that The Makeshift Lounge has been more inclusive lately.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, seabass said:

Is there even a need to clarify The Makeshift Lounge vs Lawnman's Lounge?  Probably not.  One's a bit more "cliquy" than the other.  Although I feel that The Makeshift Lounge has been more inclusive lately.

I use to go to the makeshift lounge about a hundred years ago, but now I find it too far away :D. Lawns is much easier to get to.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, seabass said:

LOUNGE WARS!!!!!

• Like 3
Just now, seabass said:

Image result for patrick and spongebob fighting gif

:lol:

for the longest time I didn't even know there was a Makeshift Lounge.  I like it........ although some threads are not for the faint of heart.  

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Hey, This can be the new lounge!

OK, but if you aren't already part of this new clique, then stay the eff out!

:lol:  I couldn't be less serious.

• Like 6