Cultivated Reef

Penny's IM14-Retired 7/18/2021

Pjanssen

• Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's IM14-100 days contest winner: A Caribbean adventure New Gorgs 01/12/20
9 hours ago, billygoat said:

I think it turned out pretty nice! Did you remove some of the rocks, or rearrange them? I feel like there are fewer of them than before.

Thank you. All of the rocks are still there. I did take out a piece of barnacle that I had just recently put in, ad one of the rocks that was in the middle is now on the sand.

9 hours ago, jack1978 said:

That’s a pretty tank!

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Spiny Orange Sea Rod (Muricea Elongata)

IMG_0644.thumb.jpeg.17b9b70650cf60edb61bb862e5b60301.jpeg

looks good !  the spiny orange is one of my favorites............ I still have one from my 14 contest tank in my 750........

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure what this one is. I think it may be a Knobby Sea Rod-Eunicea sp, which I did not order but Philipp from KP Aquatics (highly recommend this company) threw in

IMG_0648.thumb.jpeg.2a23ad8f04ecc390d29e441d17ffcb31.jpeg

There are also some assorted Zoanthids, but they are resting right now.

• Like 5

Really nice additions, and great pics! Leave it to KPA to supply some truly beautiful specimens. 👍

1 hour ago, Pjanssen said:

Purple Sea Feather Pseudoterogorgia sp (i think, or could be purple Sea Rod, Plexaura Fleuosa, I need to research some more). Anyway...

You are correct here. That's a purple sea feather, genus Antillogorgia (formerly Pseudopterogorgia and still listed as such under most online product descriptions).

53 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

I'm not sure what this one is. I think it may be a Knobby Sea Rod-Eunicea sp, which I did not order but Philipp from KP Aquatics (highly recommend this company) threw in

Right again! It can be difficult to distinguish between the various species in the genus Eunicea, but this one looks a lot like mine, which is Eunicea calyculata (I think).

I can't wait to see all of these lovely octocorals thrive and grow. It always warms my heart to see people get excited about gorgonians. 🤗

• Like 3

Looks awesome @Pjanssen!

1. How did you take those photos so everything looks the way it does!

2. You inspire me to buy more gorgonians and cram them into my Caribbean biotope!

3. It's nice seeing more interest in Caribbean species and Caribbean themed tanks! Keep the pictures coming! :)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, melson said:

Looks awesome @Pjanssen!

1. How did you take those photos so everything looks the way it does!

2. You inspire me to buy more gorgonians and cram them into my Caribbean biotope!

3. It's nice seeing more interest in Caribbean species and Caribbean themed tanks! Keep the pictures coming! 🙂

1. Photo setting on Nano-box light. iPhone 11 camera

2. Gorgs are great, I've been finding it hard to keep them lately though.

3. I've been trying for 2.5 years now to recreate what I see when I go diving, but so much is not available that it's hard to do. But the Gorgonias are definitely a big part of the South Florida Reefs.

• Like 2

Well I think it looks fantastic. Your tank looks much more natural then mine. I think I've been too calculated with placement and symmetry resulting in my tank looking clean but not as mysterious. I think I'll be doing some ordering and changes myself in the next few weeks!

How are the new additions looking a day later? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, melson said:

Well I think it looks fantastic. Your tank looks much more natural then mine. I think I've been too calculated with placement and symmetry resulting in my tank looking clean but not as mysterious. I think I'll be doing some ordering and changes myself in the next few weeks!

How are the new additions looking a day later? 

Do you have a build thread?

I'm at work so I won't see until later this evening. When I got up this morning the purple sea rod was knocked down and I didn't have time to fix it, so hopefully its ok.

• Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's IM14-Retired 7/18/2021