ReefCleaners.org

Penny's IM14-Retired 7/18/2021

Pjanssen

14 minutes ago, growsomething said:

What is..."this", a split tank?!?

Looks like a tank emergency, gotta hate those.

I'm just redoing the scape. Everything out and in holding "tank" while I clean and figure out how I want to arrange everything. No real emergency except for not being able to keep any flow or heat in the holding tank while I work.

11 minutes ago, growsomething said:

Oh no, you were out of town?

No, I've been back for a week.

All back to normalish. Power back on already. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

image.thumb.jpg.347c1ea3be9c491ecca7430f529f06ba.jpg
still a lot to do. More girls and all of the Zianthuds to add back in, but wanted to see what it was looking like. Looking a little cloudy, but that should settle soon enough

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
32 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

image.thumb.jpg.347c1ea3be9c491ecca7430f529f06ba.jpg
still a lot to do. More girls and all of the Zianthuds to add back in, but wanted to see what it was looking like. Looking a little cloudy, but that should settle soon enough

That’ll look nice ..... can’t wait to see the “girls”! 

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, jack1978 said:

That’ll look nice ..... can’t wait to see the “girls”! 

Can't believe I didn't notice the spelling override. How the Hell do you get "girls" out of "gorgonians"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I like the rescape, Penny! Low-profile rockwork really looks good with lots of gorgonians. I also love those feather dusters. It's crazy how quickly they are able to re-grow their crowns.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, billygoat said:

I like the rescape, Penny! Low-profile rockwork really looks good with lots of gorgonians. I also love those feather dusters. It's crazy how quickly they are able to re-grow their crowns.

Thanks. Still have a bit more to put back in. I like the less rock too- see the gorgs better. Feather duster seems happy, but one is missing 😢

• Like 1

Enjoying the new scape, and those gorgeous shots of the Gorgs. 

9 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

Got home from work all set to finish the tank, only to remember that I'm out of glue. Hopefully everything does ok until I can get some.

All the time, every time i get new frags I run out of glue

• Like 1

Finally got some glue and a day off, so I will finish putting everything into the tank today, then try to figure out why the one in the holding tank look better. Only thing I can figure is lighting.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pjanssen said:

So my purple ribbon in the holding tank looks better than the one in the tank. Hmmmm?

IMG_0824.thumb.jpeg.5848c4f7b3f23a3de0223b00786717d0.jpegIMG_0825.thumb.jpeg.64a37da68500294e8c41ebb3529512e4.jpeg

HAHA! Just realized that they are actually 2 different species!😂

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Pjanssen said:

HAHA! Just realized that they are actually 2 different species!😂

I was gonna say... those gorgs don't look like the same type to me! 😂 That might explain why they are reacting differently. Can't wait to see your new 'scape once everything gets set up and glued down!

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, DNR88 said:

I like the re-scape, any new fts with cleared-up water? 🙂

Thanks. Just finished putting everything in. Have to go to LFS because my other tank pump is shorting and just electrocuted me. I'm surprised the fish and inverts are all ok. Will get some pics later this afternoon or evening.

My hope is that the Zoanthids will cover a lot of the rock. I'm thinking of add just a little bit of macros back in. I got a little piece in with my last KPA order and I like the little splash of brightness that it adds

I can never get a good shot of her, she's so shy

P1010057.thumb.jpeg.27419385f34f4638ee273411caa49029.jpegP1010058.thumb.jpeg.9018752f96b660076edd5e3eba4de75e.jpeg

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...

I've been really slack updating my journals. Not doing much with either one but basic water changes. Today I noticed bits of algae growing on several of the gorgs-uh oh, the beginning of the end? I'm off to the LFS to see if they have any macros in stock-don't really want to pay KPA for shipping for a few plants. But on the other hand, I only have the one Royal Gramma in here, and she is so shy I never see her unless its feeding time. I'd like to add a couple more fish, but will it freak her out if I do? Might add some shrimp back in. I'll see what the LFS has, but might end up ordering from KPA anyway.

Will post pictures later when things settle down a bit.

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

I've been really slack updating my journals. Not doing much with either one but basic water changes. Today I noticed bits of algae growing on several of the gorgs-uh oh, the beginning of the end? I'm off to the LFS to see if they have any macros in stock-don't really want to pay KPA for shipping for a few plants. But on the other hand, I only have the one Royal Gramma in here, and she is so shy I never see her unless its feeding time. I'd like to add a couple more fish, but will it freak her out if I do? Might add some shrimp back in. I'll see what the LFS has, but might end up ordering from KPA anyway.

Will post pictures later when things settle down a bit.

If you are just ordering a few macros there are a few vendors on eBay with reasonable shipping. 

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

If you are just ordering a few macros there are a few vendors on eBay with reasonable shipping. 

I don't really go on eBay. just type in macro algae in the search engine and they should come up?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Pjanssen said:

I don't really go on eBay. just type in macro algae in the search engine and they should come up?

Go to eBay and put in macro algae....... Then look at the name of the seller. the one I have used several times is: 333aquatics (They are in Florida.) the macro is clean and packaged nicely and they usually have a decent selection on there. You can message them directly if you have questions or need something not listed. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's IM14-Retired 7/18/2021