Top Shelf Aquatics

Where the Wild Things Are: 100 Days (rezing the thread)

lkoechle

UPDATE:

ICECAP BACKUP IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH AQAMAI

So these tanks are SOL.  if anyone needs a great idea: DC PUMPS WITH BATTERY BACK UPS FOR NANOS AND PICOS.  seriously.  we do not have any options for people needing to leave.  so there is a wasted $300.  and my tanks...  goodness I oray the power holds. :'(

• Sad 2

So the neighbor is suppose to come over Saturday or Sunday to check on the tanks (before the storm hits) so we are going to ask him to turn the bubblers on for the smaller tanks then.  That should power the tanks through the worst of the storm (Sunday/Monday depending on forecast) and we wobt have to worry about powerfailures in the mean time until it passes and neighbor can replace batteries if power is still out

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Wishing you the best, we're all worried for everyone :( 

You've done the best that you could! How soon do you leave?

Thanks.  We left about an hour ago.  Thankfully traffic isnt bad yet.  Atlanta I am sure is going to be a nightmare especially with Savannah probably evacuating.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

We're staying put. If you don't hear anything from me again assume I floated away with the fishies

we wouldve stayed if it wasnt for how young the kids are.  Hey, tip I heard, get some sod and put on a tarp somewhere inside for the dogs to go potty during the storm. if you have any. lol I thought it was an interestung udea if we stayed

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

2 dogs ? ? 2 ? ?Plus my daughter is. coming with her 2 ? ?  All tile floors, they can poop wherever they want:lol:

gross.  I know who's house I dont want to be at now! :lol:

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Pjanssen said:

Ha! Seriously, my dogs won't go in the house and the cats will use a litter box. But I'd rather clean up a little turd off the floor flush it and sanitize then clean it up out of dirt 

you could always get that fake grass and put it in a walk in shower and rinse it off after flushing the turd.

• Like 1

I'm wishing you the best during this storm.  My entire family lives in Spring Hill and Zepherhills.  Since they're on the west coast, they're worried about the wind but not necessarily the flooding (which I think is dumb, but I've never lived in Florida).  

Safe travels!

1 hour ago, lkoechle said:

you could always get that fake grass and put it in a walk in shower and rinse it off after flushing the turd.

:rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, TatorTaco said:

I'm wishing you the best during this storm.  My entire family lives in Spring Hill and Zepherhills.  Since they're on the west coast, they're worried about the wind but not necessarily the flooding (which I think is dumb, but I've never lived in Florida).  

Safe travels!

You just never really know with a hurricane what to expect-wind. rain. storm surge. tornados...:scarry:

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, TatorTaco said:

Safe travels!

Thanks! pretty much what penny said. storms like this  can throw everything and turn on a dime.   I have seen "wont hit by a ways" to "will direct hit at a cat 4" in 16 hours.  Its one of those things that you need to have decided and committed to if youre evacuating or staying 36 to 48 hours before hand to be safe either out of state or prepped in your house.

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Florida in a nutshell (on my FB feed this morning lol)

FB_IMG_1504824733219.jpg.0101319334bfb2dfb6e9a6d4264c2c15.jpg

I went to Walmart yesterday and there was not a jug of water to be seen. I was like geez people, is it gonna be that bad when it gets this far inland? :unsure:

2 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

west palm beach

just needed to know so I could watch if you were swept out to sea.  lol jk

I hope you arent in a flood/surge zone.  how close to the beach are you?

Just now, Lula_Mae said:

I went to Walmart yesterday and there was not a jug of water to be seen. I was like geez people, is it gonna be that bad when it gets this far inland? :unsure:

well, it should be pretty weak with the new path unless it swings more east again.  right now it looks like it its gonna slice fl right up the middle.  So we will take those hits for you!

Well, penny will. I will just take rain. 

• Haha 2
50 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

"just keep swimming..."

I hope you arent in a flood/surge zone.  how close to the beach are you? 12 miles

well, it should be pretty weak with the new path unless it swings more east again.  right now it looks like it its gonna slice fl right up the middle.  So we will take those hits for you!

Yep, that's me

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, lkoechle said:

I hope you arent in a flood/surge zone.  how close to the beach are you?

Yeah FL always gets hit lol.  I'm like...4-5 hours from the coast so we should just see rain and maybe high winds with possibility of tornadoes.  I don't think we'll get anything to warrent the run on bottled water. :unsure: