Pod Your Reef

Where the Wild Things Are: 100 Days (rezing the thread)

lkoechle

5 hours ago, lkoechle said:

Been MIA for a bit with my daughter and just takinga break from internet.  Tank is chugging along. I got an orange tree gorg last week and moved a candelabra gorg to the mantis tank.

20170826_082950.jpg

Stunning!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
52 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Where did you get the orange tree gorg?!? It's beautiful! :wub:

Koi Corner in the boonies of NE Florida (Palatka). seriously.  you drive an hour into the boonies where there are houses with yards full of chickens and various farm animals and nothingness and there is this house that the owner lives in and the back half and an auxilary building are a reef store and the entire outside property is a koi/goldfish store with aquatic plants.  He is a little crazy but has great stuff. He also sells his homemade salsa. ???  I paid $10 for it.  I have never seen one before.

I think LA might sell them though

• Haha 2
  • Wow 2
13 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Tank is looking amazing, as always. What a great find. How did you find such a remote store?

I joined a marine and freshwater swip swap group.  he posts funny stuff like this all the timeScreenshot_20170828-135006.thumb.png.de162127a9712687a128367257a2ab3f.png

(mr asshole is the scorp)  People would report him for profanity... and he'd post something even more offensive back because... he is admin. lmao.  Its like if @1891Bro had a reef store.  He is a crazy, offensive, hilarious old dude.  So I asked where his store was and people from civilization swore up and down he is worth the drive and he totally is. And he cares a lot for his fish.  I wanted a Lubbock's wrassse (most beautiful one I have ever seen) but he couldn't catch it in 5 minutes so he said "Sorry, its not worth stressing him over." I appreciated that because I have seen wrasse die from stress like being caught.  I have been meaning to ask him if he can work on catching it for me so I can just drive down and pick him up...

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
11 hours ago, lkoechle said:

I joined a marine and freshwater swip swap group.  he posts funny stuff like this all the timeScreenshot_20170828-135006.thumb.png.de162127a9712687a128367257a2ab3f.png

(mr asshole is the scorp)  People would report him for profanity... and he'd post something even more offensive back because... he is admin. lmao.  Its like if @1891Bro had a reef store.  He is a crazy, offensive, hilarious old dude.  So I asked where his store was and people from civilization swore up and down he is worth the drive and he totally is. And he cares a lot for his fish.  I wanted a Lubbock's wrassse (most beautiful one I have ever seen) but he couldn't catch it in 5 minutes so he said "Sorry, its not worth stressing him over." I appreciated that because I have seen wrasse die from stress like being caught.  I have been meaning to ask him if he can work on catching it for me so I can just drive down and pick him up...

I like the guy already. Wtf is swip swap? Were you calling me old? I don't feel that old. I thought 35 was the new 21. That is what the kids say these days? ... I do miss the days when I could catch a matinee and get a Milky Way for one George, that's what we called quarter dollars at the time.......

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

I like the guy already. Wtf is swip swap? Were you calling me old? I don't feel that old. I thought 35 was the new 21. That is what the kids say these days? ... I do miss the days when I could catch a matinee and get a Milky Way for one George, that's what we called quarter dollars at the time.......

ship swap is a local trade site. It might just be in Florida though, or you might be able to find local on Facebook.

Does that make 50 the new 30?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pjanssen said:

ship swap is a local trade site. It might just be in Florida though, or you might be able to find local on Facebook.

Does that make 50 the new 30?

Well if 35 is the new 21 and 50 the new 30... 27 is what, the new 12? Should I be fan girling on one direction now?

@1891Bro swip swap is prettt much reffering to sales and trades. lots of different swip swap groups on facebook. kind if like craigslist but on facebook.

7 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Well if 35 is the new 21 and 50 the new 30... 27 is what, the new 12? Should I be fan girling on one direction now?

I think this sounds about right.. I'm 24, so I guess I'll go watch Lazy Town?

• Haha 2

I dont like this game.  I need alcohol in my life.  Tough luck @1891Bro, youre stuck with 35.  I need to be at least 21 so my toddlers can survive to adulthood.???  

aa9efc7851da256010224f8d5aefc7e7--wine-s

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
35 minutes ago, Boggers said:

Dang, you are making this 38 yr old feel older than normal. However, I think I am happier now than in my 20's with a better job and all.

Well, God willing, we all get older eventually. I got called old by an 11 year old.  "Facebook? Only old people use that." Little punk.

• Haha 2
58 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Just wait until they turn into teenagers!

thats what my mom says.  my bro and sis are 17 and 15. she had me watch this last time she visited. its totally my little brother.  Especially the walk off.  lol

• Haha 2
Thunder Goose
1 hour ago, Boggers said:

Dang, you are making this 38 yr old feel older than normal. However, I think I am happier now than in my 20's with a better job and all.

I didn't realize I was the old fogey on this site until this discussion started. For all you young 'ens out there - life gets better in your 40s!

[If you want a clue to my age - I was in front of the TV set when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon the first time - we lived in Florida and could sometimes see the rocket launches from our neighborhood]

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Evacuating today.  Made a video if all our preps for the tanks.  Fingers crossed power stays on and if it does go out, it isnt long.

Be safe and good luck!

30 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Evacuating today.  Made a video if all our preps for the tanks.  Fingers crossed power stays on and if it does go out, it isnt long.

Stay safe my friends! 

• Like 1
Thunder Goose

Good luck. Remember your life is more important than stuff or even your tanks. Evacuate if you need to.

Thinking safe thoughts for you.

• Like 1