Top Shelf Aquatics

IM ten gallons of tank breakdown and free critters.

1891Bro

44 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

Poor Gupple so lonely. 

He'll be fine, he was doing some photobombing, attention whore. 

39 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Lol.

I like the Favia. 

Yeah, I've always liked them too. Always had good luck with them, that or they're just really easy. Never grew very quickly though. But before this tank I always just used premade water from LFS so maybe a higher quality mix will speed it up, who knows. 

• Like 1

Not much going on. The two cerith snails are money wasted, little ####ers rarely climb the rocks. Spend most of their time climbing half way up the glass, letting go, falling to sand, then forever turning back over. The VERY dark brown algae I got them to eat seems to be going away on its own. I never saw anything that looked like it in my other tanks. Wasn't hairy, almost like really dense cyano, but not stringy and only on the the two larger rocks. If it keeps the pace it should be gone again in a few days, so it would run its course in a week and a half. If it doesn't come back. I'm still gonna scrub the two big rocks during the next WC tomorrow. GSP seems very happy, growing faster than any I've ever had, purple mat spreading and tons of new little polyps, little tiny ####ers. The favia stays super puffy during lights on and throws the feeders out every night. Hard to wait to feed it again, but I'm just gonna stick to once a week. That is all. 

Edit. A pic of the brown shit. 

IMG_1715.JPG

Imagine that just so much thicker and covering a larger area. Was on a lot of places on the larger rock. You can see it in other places too. But the last 48 hours it had receded so much, really surprised, usually my luck doesn't work out this well. 

• Like 2

Holy shit. I said I was gonna scrub some rocks and I did.  So nasty.  This real Reef still. It's covered in stuff. Lots of junk.  Plus the crap I hrowedbon it too. I tooknthebnasty bucket out.  And dumped it on my foot. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

:huh:

I hit "like" because I thought he learned a new language and I wanted to be encouraging. :)

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Lol. I can see what I was trying to say there. Couldn't get one of the rocks back the way I had it. 

:lol:

I haven't even checked my notifications yet and knew from the title this was your thread. :lol:

Hope you washed your foot off, yuck!  The rest I wasn't really sure what was going on lol

• Like 4
34 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I haven't even checked my notifications yet and knew from the title this was your thread. :lol:

Hope you washed your foot off, yuck!  The rest I wasn't really sure what was going on lol

7 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

Ynflipflopnos all wet now. 

God dnnamm thing BBS says. Thumbs. 

Well, my flip flops got wet. I don't know about the rest either. 

2 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Well, my flip flops got wet. I don't know about the rest either. 

Well, if nobody actually knows what's going on, I guess it doesn't really matter! :lol:

• Like 2
3 hours ago, patback said:

That's some nice rock!

Thanks! And thanks for checking it out. I had a hard time picking out pieces that I liked and weren't huge. Gonna have to go back and look at earlier photos and see if I can't get it back the way it was. I was way too ####ed up to be doing that last night. 

• Like 2

Ahhhaahahha I'm at it again!

IMG_1723.GIF

No water change tonight though. 

Just noticed Supes likes JW red label. 

Edit: no wonder the guy couldn't walk!

• Like 2

Not much to report. The 12x12x4 3 gallon container from @Oceanbox Designs is performing (holding water, and looking sharp) flawlessly. Looks to be a gallon a week of evap. Should make it no problem for my short trip back to GA. After scrubbing and rinsing the two larger rocks I have yet to see any trace of that brown junk however, it seems to like the sand. I stirred and siphoned the shit out of it, like a madman during the last waterchange. It seems to be creeping back. Not to the point of ugly, just enough to piss me off a bit. 

TLDR: Nothing is dead and seems healthy to boot. 

Side note, speaking of my trip away, will my dumbass fish live for six days no food? 

• Like 3
mbarton2010
1 hour ago, 1891Bro said:

Not much to report. The 12x12x4 3 gallon container from @Oceanbox Designs is performing (holding water, and looking sharp) flawlessly. Looks to be a gallon a week of evap. Should make it no problem for my short trip back to GA. After scrubbing and rinsing the two larger rocks I have yet to see any trace of that brown junk however, it seems to like the sand. I stirred and siphoned the shit out of it, like a madman during the last waterchange. It seems to be creeping back. Not to the point of ugly, just enough to piss me off a bit. 

Side note, speaking of my trip away, will my dumbass fish live for six days no food? 

Just ask derrick to fish sit for you

• Like 3
SemperReef

will my dumbass fish live for six days no food? 

They should if well fed before leaving

I think derrick was banned

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, SemperReef said:

They should if well fed before leaving

I think derrick was banned

Lol. Ya think?

i been feeding the little ####er. A lot. Prolly why my sand went dookie on me. Oh well, only one way tonreally find out right!?

Oceanbox Designs

Objection! It's 5"W x 12"L x 12"H 3.3 gallons. Glad to hear it is doing you well though :)

• Like 4