Coral Vue Hydros

Barton's 5g Pico powered by AI Prime HD

mbarton2010

mbarton2010

I'm just not getting any real growth so I'm hoping the kalk will kickstart it. My LFS started a cal reactor on his tank and stuff exploded with growth so I should expect even a little growth with the extra calc and dKH

10 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Unless the crab tries to eat my hand it won't satisfy my need for danger like The Creep provided. :lol:

Hm good point!  Shelby just ate other crab legs, probably corals, mysis and pellets and attacked the feeding tongs.  Still was scared of my hand!

• Like 1
mbarton2010

So I was examining the rocks and I found some strange polyps. I thought it might be hydroids but then I looked closer..........

Xenia out of nowhere 

IMG_0311.JPG

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Mkbarton said:

So I was examining the rocks and I found some strange polyps. I thought it might be hydroids but then I looked closer..........

Xenia out of nowhere 

IMG_0311.JPG

:o

Er, better than aiptasia? :lol:

• Like 1
mbarton2010
35 minutes ago, SemperReef said:

I like xenia.  

Me too. Had it in my old tank. But this is the first I've seen it in this tank. It's so tiny too. I've heard it spreads like crazy but this is unheard of. I must have walked past some in a frag tank and it got my clothes ???

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
mbarton2010

Just feel like doing a current livestock list

Fish: Tiny clownfish, one-eyed Wheelers Goby

Inverts: Tiger banded pistol shrimp, Pom Pom Crab, emerald crab, peppermint shrimp, 2 RFA,s some snails and a hermit

Coral:

SPS: Green Birdnest, Monti Cap, pocclipora, Golden Chalice

LPS: Torch, Hammer, Acans, maze brain, Favia

Zoas: Purple Hornets, Eagle Eyes, Scrambled Eggs, Gatorades, and some grey and purplish ones and some Green implosion palys

Softies: Rics and Devils hand leather , hitchhiker xenia

• Like 2
mbarton2010

And picking up a nice frag of some of the most beautiful Magician Palys I've ever seen this week. My LFS has been growing them out and should be ready to frag 

• Like 2
SemperReef
1 hour ago, Mkbarton said:

Just feel like doing a current livestock list

Fish: Tiny clownfish, one-eyed Wheelers Goby

Inverts: Tiger banded pistol shrimp, Pom Pom Crab, emerald crab, peppermint shrimp, 2 RFA,s some snails and a hermit

Coral:

SPS: Green Birdnest, Monti Cap, pocclipora, Golden Chalice

LPS: Torch, Hammer, Acans, maze brain, Favia

Zoas: Purple Hornets, Eagle Eyes, Scrambled Eggs, Gatorades, and some grey and purplish ones and some Green implosion palys

Softies: Rics and Devils hand leather , hitchhiker xenia

I am looking forward to getting mine wet this week

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Mkbarton said:

Me too. Had it in my old tank. But this is the first I've seen it in this tank. It's so tiny too. I've heard it spreads like crazy but this is unheard of. I must have walked past some in a frag tank and it got my clothes ???

I once had blue clove polyps sprout from a rock I'd had at least a year!

• Like 2
mbarton2010
26 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I once had blue clove polyps sprout from a rock I'd had at least a year!

They have like double since I first saw them yesterday. I honestly have no clue how I never notified them before

They have like double since I first saw them yesterday. I honestly have no clue how I never notified them before

Wow, they're moving fast for the takeover! :lol:

• Like 2
mbarton2010

All the hitchikers and microfauna I've discovered: amphipods, asterina stars, chitons, bristle stars, spaghetti worms, some unID'ed filter feeder on my torch skeleton, and stomatella

• Like 2
mbarton2010

Picked up the Red Magicians frag. Also got a decent mixed zoa frag (like20+polyps) and an acro frag to test. Got my kalk in my ATO too. 

Pics when they get settled in

• Like 2
mbarton2010

The small frag actually broke off the big frag so I just glued it to a frag plug. I can't wait for the new monti to grow!!

• Like 6

The small frag actually broke off the big frag so I just glued it to a frag plug. I can't wait for the new monti to grow!!

Very nice!!

• Like 1
mbarton2010

So I found out why my tank almost flooded! Damn snail! I built a snail guard out of eggcrate for my float switch

4 hours ago, Mkbarton said:

So I found out why my tank almost flooded! Damn snail! I built a snail guard out of eggcrate for my float switch

lol snail's like "I feel like the salinity is too high, let me adjust that for you!"

• Like 1
mbarton2010
37 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

lol snail's like "I feel like the salinity is too high, let me adjust that for you!"

It was just starting to spill over the top! I walked in and saw water dribbling down the side and a damn snail on the float! 

I'm in the big reef tank today. Saltwater fishing for some flounder and speckled trout and maybe a redfish or two!

• Like 2
mbarton2010

Caught some pretty nice speckled Trout. I also caught 2 Spanish mackerel and a lot of bluefish. I had 4 mantis shrimp in my bait bucket of shrimp too! All together probably caught 50 specks but only these were big enough to keep

IMG_0334.JPG

• Like 5