Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

One more tank for Jackie 22g long

jstuver

23 minutes ago, jstuver said:

The lemon lime anemone will be sold tomorrow the dang thing won't stay put and keeps parking itself right in front of the powerhead and I'm afraid it will get sucked in so the last time it did it I pulled it and put it in a basket to sell, they are picking it up tomorrow.

Having no fish for the last while seems to have contributed to an outbreak of those rust red flatworms. They are getting pretty bad and I have tried to find a wrasse for sale with no luck anywhere nearby so I bought flatworm exit off amazon and then saw someone mentions prazipro as a treatment so I may go prazipro instead as flatworm exit scares me a bit. 

That nice huge purple/green mushroom that there is a macro shot of above seems to have decided it doesn't like my tank and lost a ton of color and is/has been shriveled up the past couple weeks, pretty sure it will melt away soon but I always have such bad luck with that type. 

I added a few more macros to the tank and need to do an updated FTS soon:)

I had rust brown flatworms and used flatworm exit once in a little 6 gallon I was running for a short while before I got my 12.. It killed all the flatworms - along with all my hermits, my crabs and everything else :( I think it kills them fast and then they release toxins. I even did a fast water change but to no avail. 

I spied them them very briefly in my 66, got a melanurus wrasse and after a week ever saw another. They are jumpers though. 

43 minutes ago, hinnenkm said:

That would make sense, could you maybe spray them with RO to keep them free of salt creep? I don't know much about air plants.... or maybe rinse when topping off the tank?

I actually do spray them with RO every three or so days and I soak them about every 10 days or so a few died but there is one species that seems to be doing best

38 minutes ago, stellablue said:

I had rust brown flatworms and used flatworm exit once in a little 6 gallon I was running for a short while before I got my 12.. It killed all the flatworms - along with all my hermits, my crabs and everything else :( I think it kills them fast and then they release toxins. I even did a fast water change but to no avail. 

I spied them them very briefly in my 66, got a melanurus wrasse and after a week ever saw another. They are jumpers though. 

Yeah I don't want to use it and was hoping to find either a yellow choris or sixline but haven't had any luck

• Like 2
13 hours ago, jstuver said:

someone mentions prazipro as a treatment so I may go prazipro instead as flatworm exit scares me a bit. 

I did a prazipro treatment when my firefish had flukes. I don't remember exactly, but I think I did a 1/2 dose, water change after a few days, another 1/2 dose, another water change a few days later. At the time, I was worried about accidentally killing off corals. My Xenia and mushrooms were pissed with prazipro, but I think only dosing 1/2 at a time helped. Just my experience. :)

• Like 1
On 5/17/2017 at 7:07 AM, kimberbee said:

I did a prazipro treatment when my firefish had flukes. I don't remember exactly, but I think I did a 1/2 dose, water change after a few days, another 1/2 dose, another water change a few days later. At the time, I was worried about accidentally killing off corals. My Xenia and mushrooms were pissed with prazipro, but I think only dosing 1/2 at a time helped. Just my experience. :)

Thanks for the info!

I went ahead with the prazipro treatment plan. I removed as many flatworms as I could see and treated with the full dose on Friday. Came home late Sunday night and did a 5 or so gallon water changed and then dosed again. It doesn't seem to be killing them but it is bringing them out into the open more? So I am going to try and remove as many as possible again. It says to leave the treatment for 5-7 days so I think I will leave this treatment until Thursday or Friday and then do a large water change and add carbon to pull whatever is left. Hopefully it will start to kill them they are everywhere!

On another note I think I will be upgrading tanks:blush: I know I am horrible and change tanks way too often but a fellow hobbiest that I have know for over 5 years is getting out and he was selling his brain coral that I have wanted for years! He has had it for 7 years in his tank and it is probably 8-10" across! Lets just say I couldn't resist buying it as I have wanted it forever and I had to move rock and squish stuff in just to have room to put it in my tank lol. Here are some awful blue iPhone pics of it, I think it is probably a symphyllia wilsoni?

In the bucket:

A960291F-C75C-4CD3-9477-F8427BD1B298_zps

D8D77E6A-7757-404C-8155-E3B87B0B9A17_zps

BDB61A45-E0DD-4D82-9D4B-2EF81FE97940_zps

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, jstuver said:

Thanks for the info!

I went ahead with the prazipro treatment plan. I removed as many flatworms as I could see and treated with the full dose on Friday. Came home late Sunday night and did a 5 or so gallon water changed and then dosed again. It doesn't seem to be killing them but it is bringing them out into the open more? So I am going to try and remove as many as possible again. It says to leave the treatment for 5-7 days so I think I will leave this treatment until Thursday or Friday and then do a large water change and add carbon to pull whatever is left. Hopefully it will start to kill them they are everywhere!

On another note I think I will be upgrading tanks:blush: I know I am horrible and change tanks way too often but a fellow hobbiest that I have know for over 5 years is getting out and he was selling his brain coral that I have wanted for years! He has had it for 7 years in his tank and it is probably 8-10" across! Lets just say I couldn't resist buying it as I have wanted it forever and I had to move rock and squish stuff in just to have room to put it in my tank lol. Here are some awful blue iPhone pics of it, I think it is probably a symphyllia wilsoni?

In the bucket:

A960291F-C75C-4CD3-9477-F8427BD1B298_zps

D8D77E6A-7757-404C-8155-E3B87B0B9A17_zps

BDB61A45-E0DD-4D82-9D4B-2EF81FE97940_zps

WoW!!!!

6 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

WoW!!!!

Its a gorgeous coral!

6 hours ago, stellablue said:

Wow that brain coral is unreal!! I don't blame you for snagging that, Jackie! 

Yeah I couldn't pass it up Ive been telling him for years to let me know if he ever sells it and when he listed it I was like yeah I'm buying it lol

5 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Yeah, I'd upgrade for that too! :lol: Petco tank sale, here I'd come!

Lol yeah looking for a new system now but I am pretty picky so its taking longer to get something lined up

4 hours ago, Nixperience said:

Wow! Yuuuuge!

:)

• Like 1

quick photo because I am one proud momma! My son graduated from High School with high honors and several other scholarships and awards tonight, I am so incredibly proud of him. When did I get old enough for a high school graduate;)

AB8EB2A7-1D08-407C-BF52-ABD6A37E1A32_zps

• Like 5
2 hours ago, jstuver said:

quick photo because I am one proud momma! My son graduated from High School with high honors and several other scholarships and awards tonight, I am so incredibly proud of him. When did I get old enough for a high school graduate;)

Congratulations!!

Your family is beautiful and so are you. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, jstuver said:

Congratulations to him, good job!  And you certainly don't look old enough for a high school grad's mama! :happy:

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Congratulations!!

Your family is beautiful and so are you. 

14 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Congratulations to him, good job!  And you certainly don't look old enough for a high school grad's mama! :happy:

Thank so much you two!

• Like 2

Congrats on getting the brain you have been wanting and congrats on your son's graduation.

I have been wondering how I got old enough to have grandchildren!  All I can say is life comes at you fast.

• Like 2
On 5/25/2017 at 4:28 AM, vlangel said:

Congrats on getting the brain you have been wanting and congrats on your son's graduation.

I have been wondering how I got old enough to have grandchildren!  All I can say is life comes at you fast.

Haha yes it does!

So I have found a new tank, and as much as I love the look of this it has kind of been a pain with no sump and running a canister filter. Lesson learned. 

Anyhow I picked up a cacdlights 60g versa cube:) Im excited to get it set up. It came with the stand, mp40, rock, a few nice coral frags and a couple fish along with a bunch of misc. stuff for $500 so not a bad deal at all. I just need to decide on a light. I would love to find another ATi but can't afford the price tag they seem to be going for used right now, so I will see. I was planning to just use the 250w halide but the way we have it hung the tank barely fits right under it and thats too close to the water for my liking seems they get so hot and if any water splashes the glass may break.

Anyway a new thread will more than likely be started here in the next week once I get it up and going:) Oh and I bought a large plate coral from the same guy I got the huge brain from;)

Also I did that prazipro treatment for flatworms and it brought them out in the open but did not kill them and it seems I have a ton:( So I will more than likely need to resort to flatworm exit or maybe see if I can find a wrasse that will keep them in check

• Like 6
25 minutes ago, jstuver said:

So I have found a new tank, and as much as I love the look of this it has kind of been a pain with no sump and running a canister filter. Lesson learned. 

Anyhow I picked up a cacdlights 60g versa cube:) Im excited to get it set up. It came with the stand, mp40, rock, a few nice coral frags and a couple fish along with a bunch of misc. stuff for $500 so not a bad deal at all. I just need to decide on a light. I would love to find another ATi but can't afford the price tag they seem to be going for used right now, so I will see. I was planning to just use the 250w halide but the way we have it hung the tank barely fits right under it and thats too close to the water for my liking seems they get so hot and if any water splashes the glass may break.

Anyway a new thread will more than likely be started here in the next week once I get it up and going:) Oh and I bought a large plate coral from the same guy I got the huge brain from;)

Also I did that prazipro treatment for flatworms and it brought them out in the open but did not kill them and it seems I have a ton:( So I will more than likely need to resort to flatworm exit or maybe see if I can find a wrasse that will keep them in check

Interesting developments, will def be following....

Congrats on raising an amazing young man!  You don't look old enough to have a son going into college!  A month or so ago I got the nicest compliment.  My now senior in high school and I were visiting a friend at the hospital, and one of the nurses (not old) thought we were brother and sister LOL.  Best compliment ever!!!! :D  I will extend that same compliment to you.  You look like brother and sister :).

and Congrats on purchasing that amazing brain coral omgomgomg and the upgrade wooo hooo!!!!!

• Like 2
On 5/27/2017 at 5:17 PM, ninjamyst said:

hahaha 3rd time is the charm?  oh wait, this is 4th now?  hahahah

Oh haha this is like my 20th tank, I get bored easily lol

On 5/27/2017 at 5:30 PM, Weetabix7 said:

Interesting developments, will def be following....

New tank is up and running:)

On 5/28/2017 at 10:59 AM, gena said:

Congrats on raising an amazing young man!  You don't look old enough to have a son going into college!  A month or so ago I got the nicest compliment.  My now senior in high school and I were visiting a friend at the hospital, and one of the nurses (not old) thought we were brother and sister LOL.  Best compliment ever!!!! :D  I will extend that same compliment to you.  You look like brother and sister :).

and Congrats on purchasing that amazing brain coral omgomgomg and the upgrade wooo hooo!!!!!

Thank you! And that is awesome you definitely look very young! Tank is up and running!

• Like 5
44 minutes ago, jstuver said:

Oh haha this is like my 20th tank, I get bored easily lol

New tank is up and running:)

Thank you! And that is awesome you definitely look very young! Tank is up and running!

Woo hoo! New thread yet?

I've missed so much lately! Congratulations on your son's graduation! You have every right to be a proud mama. My son graduates from high school in two more weeks!

• Like 2
6 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Woo hoo! New thread yet?

I've missed so much lately! Congratulations on your son's graduation! You have every right to be a proud mama. My son graduates from high school in two more weeks!

Haven't had the chance to start a new thread yet, hopefully here in the next few days. Thank you and congrats to you as well!

• Like 2
7 hours ago, jstuver said:

Haven't had the chance to start a new thread yet, hopefully here in the next few days. Thank you and congrats to you as well!

Looking forward to it!!!!